HELP - I hate my Mom and my Sister

Eleora

Hi All,

I am after advice - I am so jelous of my sister its not funny, she is so skiny and pretty and sucsesfull, its not fair!!!

They say parents cant just favour one child but they do - they call her on the phone every second day, THEY NEVER CALL ME CANT REMEMBER THE LAST TIME I HERD FROM THEM! They bought her trips around the world I HAVE NEVER BEEN BOUGHT A TRIP ANYWHERE!!!! They have bought her a car, a laptop a digital camera a mobile phone - the list goes on - I have NEVER received any of these from my parents - is this fair??? i know love isnt about possesions or money but is this some kind of sign????

My Mum treated me bad when i was a kid and when i was a teanager - i will NEVER forgive her for the things she has done to me - being the parent i thought she would know better, but she hit me and called me names from such a young young age! Like i said i will never forgive my mum but i still talk to her, just like a normal person try not to cause arguments... I have delt with enough hate to last me a life time - I was kicked out at 16 whole bed room packed up for me, i was hit every morning with the hairbrush before school, i remember being no older than 5 yrs old and my only wish was that i could learn how to do my own hair so i wouldnt get the hair brush to the back of the head everymorning - i use to be called a fat pig from the age of like 7 also, and i look back at photos, i thought i was fat from being told that, but i was certainly NOT fat. I start to think maybe that is why i am obease today at (24yrs old) because if you are told something enough, i supose you believe it & become it!

Anyway i came here not really knowing what to write, of course this is only a small insite to the "family" situation i have, but I feel i need some advice and definatly feel i need councilling - i have a small brother 10yrs younger at home with that witch of a mum, she treats the other kids fine, but i remember EVERYTHING from him growing up and she use to bash the crap outa him and lock him in the cold back room and let him scream, if i tried to help him i would cop it - I love my brohter so so so much, he is like my own, i looked after him sooooo many nights when she would just let him cry through the night no food no nappy change etc etc

All i really want is some advice, I hate my mum so much and they are so nice to my sister that I hate her now. I suppose i hate her cause i am always the black sheep type thing and she is perfect, was never treated like me and has always lived the good life. my parents make everything outto be like a competition with my sister and i - it sux! I am so jelous of her and why do they love her more, no-one is perfect! and as a parent i will NEVER favour 1 child more than the other - i dont know why they are doing this

I cant even say what i really feel, all i know is i would never talk to them again if it wasnt for my brother.

Anyone sugest anything - u think i should see a councillor??? I cant really afford it but this family thing gets me so down everytime i see them or start thinking about it!

PLS GUYS HELP HELP HELP!!!!

xoxox

Thanks for your suport,

My brother is 14yrs old now and my parents treat him fine, its just the way we were treated as small children, my borther still says he wants to come live with me but Mum says he is hers till he is 16....

We live in Austraila so im not sure what kind of laws there are - the abuse dosent go on now but it still in my mind and is very depressing, im not sure what to do, if i confront the parents, i could start a huge argument and i have brought up things before and been told i am acting like a child.

I need councilling - but cant afford can anyone suggest a FREE or government option?

It's strange that you say they treat your brother fine now but he wants to leave home now to live with you?

Go and see the Salvation Army and tell them your problem. I'm sure they'll know what to do. It's possible that one of their people is a counsellor.

They've helped my fiancee before and she lives in Australia.

Yeah I suppose my parents treated me like this and now see the way i treat them - no respect but no argument and no involvment in my life. This is what kills me, i want them in my life but cant forgive or forget.

They treat the others great these days - i just remember my brother been beaten and treated bad when he was a baby - he only wants to leave them now i supose cause he will have more freedom and no strict parents.

My main issue is letting go of the past - BUT I JUST CANT FORGET and it makes me so depressed to see the others getting phone calls and lots of expensive gifts but i get nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

well, i have to say "you are not alone" and I feel so good to have finally found someone who seems to be going through the same thing as I am. I havn't met anyone who has understood what I'm going through until now.

I am 21, and I had the same situation when I was younger, only with my dad... He hit me, threw me against walls and verbally abused me and told me I was worthless, and he wished I was never born. My younger brother was almost never treated in this way... which made me think that there really was something wrong with me...

Thank god for my mother, who was always there to defend me. Thanks to her, I have turned out as normal as you can if you grow up in that type of environment.

Today, even though the physical abuse stopped 8 years ago... I am even more haunted by it today, then I was then. My father has finally left to live in another city... but he still comes back from time to time... I never know when, but when he does, I stay away...

It's funny because I feel like now that he's finally gone, I have time to deal with all the emotions that I've blocked because I've been so busy with trying to deal with just surviving while my father is around.

I am so emotionally broken, especially from the verbal abuse which continues today... that I have the lowest self esteem, and sometimes wish I was dead....

I am finally thinking about going to see a councilor myself, because I know I can't deal with this on my own... in fact, I think it would be dangerous for me to deal with this on my own. Good luck to you, I hope your pain will be able to heal.. I know how it feels... I am here if you need someone who understands what your going through...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived