Having a blip in my mental health

Rb1980

Hello all,

Some of you may have given me advice on my past posts-thanks to you all. Its greatly appreciated.

I seem to be having a little downturn in mental health after a period where I felt I was getting better.

I was dumped at the end of feb, it was an 18 month relationship and one I really felt was leading to a great future.

I heeded much of the advice given by others and found myself coping much better but over the past few days I have found myself really thinking about her, how our relationship ended, what she's up to now (she has ocd and goes through depressive moments, she also had eds?) and about whether she has moved on. It seemed to just spring out of nowhere as I had been actually feeling good about myself and felt like I was progressing. Now I feel like I have stepped backwards.

Can anyone give any advice?

Exercise. Meditation. Having a good cry. I’m putting my best stuff on you right here, man: think about someone else you could help or cheer up or brighten their day by saying hello and call them. Focus only on that person and finding out how they are.

Good luck!

Movies, music, being a bit more in tune with the environment, looking at local events... of course, all that is a little stymied right now.

There're still movies and music. Great favs of mine.

I don't think it helps to force your mind not to think of someone. I didn't try doing that. I got a piece of advice I remember from another friend who told me that if I needed to think or cry or feel, I should do that and not fight it so I didn't. If I wanted to cry I did. If I wanted to punch a pillow I did. If I went into deep thought for a few hours I did. And then one day I did all of that less and less.

Hang in there and keep your chin up. This won't last forever. You can do it.

Thanks guys,

It's weird, I don't know why it just sprung up in the way it did.

For sure, I've been thinking about it all a little yet over last few days it just got worse.

I've set up an online poker league that a group of us play in and I'm hosting a live quiz for the business I run so I'm occupying myself.

I just find that I keep wanting to rekindle the laughs we use to have. Maybe it's part of lockdown getting to me!

Archived