Hi, I had a conversation with my BF yesterday. He lives far but he was at our favourite place yesterday and watching a show that we first watched together when we first met. it is a show you can walk up to and watch and I think he often goes anyway. He sent me a pic of it and made me all happy. Then he said he misses me which I said I did too. We have two weeks booked away together soon.

I said I can't wait to see him and then he said thank you for everything. He has never said that before and I wonder is that a sign of something wrong in the relationship. I know how can a positive thing be a bad sign.

Then we chatted about a show we might see when we are away. Then he says he had to go and I thought no problem he needs to rest he works hard. Then today no messages. Which I am glad as we talk everyday and I think it is best to chat every couple of days rather than every day. I really tried hard not to message today and I have stuck to it. I just hope he still wants to meet up as I am really really into him. We have flights and hotels booked and I have arranged to be on the same connection flight as him and paid for his seat so we can fly together. I just want to hold his hand. We both like planes so that would mean a lot to me.

Any advice on the thank you for everything, or am I looking into all of this too much.

Thanks,

It sounds like you've got some anxiety issues related to past relationship experiences. It's hard to stop overthinking a situation once you've started, but you absolutely need to calm down. How can you trust your gut about this person and check the facts of a situation when you're so rattled over minor details? It will become clear in time if he's as into you as you are into him. Tell yourself you will be okay either way and try to enjoy yourself. Relationships are supposed to be fun and you'll suck all the fun out of it if you start acting paranoid and uppity.

Archived