How should I go about this?

YakoTsuki

Apologies for a lengthy post I just want to give the best information I can, to receive the best advice.

I recently decided to look up the social media profiles of my friends from school/sixth form. Key piece of info: I've never really had a social media presence, I was just never really interested/too shy to do so.

There is a particular female who still looks stunning and I'd certainly be interested in catching up with again. We had dated back in school for a while until she moved further away for college while I stayed for sixth form. This was now 7 years ago, I am now 23 and still do not have any social media profiles, I just simply have no interest.

How could I go about re-establishing contact without coming off as a creepy/stalker-ish.. I guess.? I know where she works (it was stated on her profile) and I know of her twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

Do I try my luck on tinder or approach her in some way?

I suppose the least direct way would be to make a social media profile on her favorite platform and build it up. Add her as a friend, and if she accepts, like some of her posts (only new ones of course). Eventually you could send her a catch-up message and see if she's interested. Sounds like a lot of work, though. You'd probably be better off trying your hand in the random dating pool.

Also, for the record, I have never received a message from a guy from my past on social media and not rolled my eyes. She would have to find you pretty attractive to not disregard it entirely. It goes without saying too that you should not contact her if she has a boyfriend.

I appreciate the advice, I know she's currently single, comments on her profile picture gave that away. I've considered building a profile but surely at this stage it'd be impossible going from nothing to a suitable standard. Surely is a lot of work but maybe it's time, even if it doesn't work now, it may in the future.

We never ended on bad terms it was just distance was the issue and of course that's never an easy hurdle to pass. I know we initially dated due to attraction and I don't think I've 'gone down hill' so to speak without sounding like a tool, so I'm hoping that'll at least get me a conversation.

Thanks again.

Oh, you never mentioned in your initial post that she is your ex. I really never advise people to go back to relationships that have finished, even ones that ended on amicable terms. Do yourself a favor and try out the dating pool before you start some long-winded scheme to win over an ex. It's almost always emotionally draining to chase an ex and rarely worth it.

Edit: You did mention you dated, sorry. Must have glossed over it during the first read. My above opinion still stands.

Archived