My Sisters Kids

Jacklyn61

I am 55. I have 1 sister and 1 brother. My second oldest sister Beth(54) has been physically, emotionally and abusive towards her 2 daughters(16, 17 and her son 20). I remember this started when the 2 daughters/son were 4, 5 and 8 years old. She would beat all of them(they all weigh less/ and neither of the 3 are physically strong enough) beat them with objects until they would cry/ scream. This went on for 12 years(they told me). The 2nd oldest(17) told me now it is just mostly emotional abuse but she also said they flinch around sudden movements and hate being around religious people as their mother Beth, was very religious and would also say God gave her the right to hurt them. The first oldest(20) a few years back(2012) showed me pictures and a few videos of their abuse, I didn't report it. I didn't feel obligated to as I was very busy going through my divorce and had a lot on my mind during that time. I was not aware of the physical abuse until 4 years ago in 2012, when the son told me. When I mentioned it started when they were 4, 5 and 8 year olds I meant how I started noticing the emotional/mental abuse Beth my sister would say to them. I did find it odd, all 3 of them would wear long sleeve shirts even in warm weather. I asked Beth about it a few times, she said they all just got cold often I shrugged it off as a preference after that. I should note-- that our parents(Beth, and myself) treated us like that too as kids. What do you think?

You should call CPS. It's that plain and clear and simple. It's sad that in your family child abuse is the norm.

She would beat all of them with objects until they would cry/ scream. I was not aware of the physical abuse until 4 years ago in 2012 I should note-- that our parents treated us like that too as kids.

Archived