Sleep problems

PandaEyes91

Sleeping farther away is not a problem. In fact, most people sleep better alone and he is clearly a very restless sleeper. Don’t take it personally. The solution to no blankets is two sets of blankets, yours and his. The 69 part would be annoying — I don’t know how I would deal with that, I hope someone else has a solution.

No matter what position we fall asleep in I always seem to wake up either with no covers or with my boyfriendsister feet in my face

I realize this was auto-correct, but it adds a little comedic effect to this post.

Anyway, OP, it sounds like what you're really concerned about is your perceived distance from him and what that means for your relationship. In and of itself, the sleeping issue is manageable if you get your own separate blanket for each other so you don't have to share.

But I suspect you're worried about more than his sleeping position. How's your relationship in general?

It's a bit weird that your boyfriend's sister sleeps with you guys :p (just kidding, I know it's autocorrect)

How massive must your bed be so that your boyfriend can do a full flip in the middle of the night though??!

Anyway please do not associate how closely somebody sleeps with you with how much they care about you. I am a fidgety sleeper, when I am cuddling somebody, I find it very difficult to fall asleep. Sometimes I find it downright annoying if I get a itch or something lol

I tend to give my partner a cuddle when we go to bed, and as she drifts off, I will untangle myself, give her a light kiss on the forehead and the promptly move away to sleep properly spread out on my side of the bed. I did this in the honeymoon phase of relationships and in failing relationships. I just cannot sleep cuddling, I find it too restrictive.

I just wanted to echo what others are saying...

Personally, I can’t sleep properly all cuddled up. It’s a light nap at best. Sometimes in the beginning of a relationship I will try to make it work - but it will eventually revert to just needing to roll away. And I need my own blankets please. It has nothing to do with how in love I am. Nothing at all.

In terms of flipping around... have you asked him about it? I’m thinking 2 things:

1) maybe he’s trying to sleep and you keep trying to move in closer and breathe on him and stuff and he’s just trying to sleep.

Or

2) maybe he has sleep apnea or something

Yeah, I was thinking sleep apnea too.

For him to be that active a sleeper means his sleep quality is poor.

And no, it isn't him thinking "I don't really love Panda Eyes, so I'm going to do a complete 180 degree turn while sleeping to demonstrate how little I care about her!"

Does he complain about being tired or exhausted all the time?

He should see a doctor.

My father sleeps a 180, cuz my mom has untreated sleep apnea. I never understood as a kid, but since I have it, but use an appliance, I totally get it. I also don't like sleeping holding eachother. He's like a furnance, and when he's out, and I'm still settling in, he snores right in my ear. We are very happy right now marriage-wise. Just not like it is in the movies with us when it comes to sleeping.

Archived