• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Found 3 results

1. Have you ever felt like you've reached a crossroads at your job? Do you dread Monday mornings, barely drag yourself through the workweek, and dream of the weekend as you count down each day? If so, you're not alone. Many people find themselves in this situation, and when finances become tight, it can feel impossible to get out and make a different life for ourselves. It's enough to leave us feeling like we're stuck in limbo, wishing for something more and not finding the way forward. The good news is that there are effective ways to cope and come to terms with this situation. It's easier said than done, but by defining our values and making conscious choices, we can stay in control of our lives and survive until something better comes along. The first and likely toughest thing to do is to manage your expectations and check in with yourself. Are you really in a spot where you need to stay in your job because of finances, or have you built an emotional reliance on it? Before proceeding with any strategy, take some time for introspection. Self-awareness fends off heaps of unnecessary stress, and remembering why you're feeling the way you do is a powerful way to combat feelings of helplessness. It's also important to separate your job from your identity. We spend a lot of hours and energy in our workplace, and it can be easy to start equating ourselves with our work tasks. This isn't healthy or realistic, though. You are your own person, with goals and dreams and ideas, and designating yourself as an employee all the time isn't beneficial. Re-establish your identity as something larger than your job title. Financial freedom isn't always possible in the short-term, and basic needs have to be taken care of, but you can still strive for growth outside of work. Find creative outlets and practices that nurture your soul, such as writing, reading, gardening, music, or sports. Give yourself the time and space to be creative and imaginative, and if there's a long-term project or hobby you've been wanting to tackle, now is a great time to do it! Having a side project is a wonderful way to express yourself and get a sense of completion, no matter how hard your job might seem. Living a fulfilled life isn't all about financial success. Instead of allowing stress to become your normal state, opt for quality of life and happiness. Who knows - maybe this current job will open new doors or help you establish an impressive work record, enhancing your overall career. Make it a point to check out job postings and keep up with industry trends in the meantime - knowledge is power! In the end, never forget your worth and remember that true financial freedom starts within.
  2. Going to college is often seen as a pathway to success and financial stability. However, not all college majors are created equal when it comes to earning potential. In fact, some college majors have notoriously low salaries even five years after graduation. Here are the 10 worst-paying college majors based on data from the United States Department of Education. Fine Arts Fine arts majors have the lowest median income five years after graduation at just $22,000 per year. This is likely due to the competitive nature of the field and the fact that many fine arts graduates pursue careers in the nonprofit sector. Drama and Theater Arts Graduates with a degree in drama and theater arts earn a median income of $26,000 five years after graduation. This is due in part to the highly competitive nature of the industry and the fact that many positions in the field are part-time or freelance. Music Music majors have a median income of $26,000 five years after graduation. This is largely due to the fact that many music-related jobs are part-time or require freelancing. Anthropology and Archeology Anthropology and archeology graduates earn a median income of $28,000 five years after graduation. This is likely due to the limited job opportunities in the field and the fact that many positions require advanced degrees. English Language and Literature English language and literature majors have a median income of $29,000 five years after graduation. While there are a variety of career paths available to English majors, many of them are low-paying and highly competitive. Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies, and Humanities Graduates with a degree in liberal arts and sciences, general studies, and humanities have a median income of $30,000 five years after graduation. This is largely due to the fact that these majors do not provide a clear career path and may not have specific job training. Philosophy and Religious Studies Philosophy and religious studies majors earn a median income of $30,000 five years after graduation. This is likely due to the limited job opportunities in the field and the fact that many positions require advanced degrees. Film, Video, and Photographic Arts Graduates with a degree in film, video, and photographic arts have a median income of $30,000 five years after graduation. This is largely due to the competitive nature of the field and the fact that many positions require freelancing. Commercial Art and Graphic Design Commercial art and graphic design graduates earn a median income of $31,000 five years after graduation. While there are a variety of career paths available to art and design majors, many of them are low-paying and highly competitive. History History majors have a median income of $32,000 five years after graduation. While there are a variety of career paths available to history majors, many of them are low-paying and highly competitive. It's important to note that these median incomes are not absolute and can vary depending on factors such as location, experience, and industry. However, it's clear that these majors tend to have lower earning potential than other majors. So, what can students do to increase their earning potential? One option is to choose a major that has a high earning potential, such as engineering, computer science, or business. Another option is to pursue advanced degrees or certifications that can lead to higher-paying positions. It's also important for students to research career paths and job prospects before choosing a major. While it's important to pursue your passions and interests, it's also important to be realistic about the earning potential and job opportunities in your field. These 10 majors highlight the harsh reality that not all college majors lead to financial stability and success. However, it's important to remember that earning potential is not the only factor to consider when choosing a major. Pursuing a passion and finding fulfillment in one's career can also lead to a successful and fulfilling life. Additionally, it's important for society to value and support careers in fields such as the arts and humanities, which may not have high earning potential but are still valuable and contribute to society in their own ways. It's also important for employers to provide fair wages and job opportunities for graduates in these fields. The 10 worst-paying college majors five years after graduation serve as a reminder that choosing a major is a complex decision that requires careful consideration of factors such as personal interests, job prospects, and earning potential. While these majors may have lower earning potential, they still have value and contribute to society in meaningful ways. It's important for students to pursue their passions while also being realistic about their career prospects and financial stability. And as a society, we must value and support all career paths, regardless of earning potential.
  3. hi this isn’t exactly relationship advice but i don't know where else to post this and don’t know what else to do. so i work at a country club and a few weeks ago a new banquet captain was hired. and over the short amount of time he’s been here he’s put his hands on multiple of the women employees (some underage, including myself). usually he’ll touch or grab our waists or just our backs, he’s put his hands on my face before too. it makes us all feel really uncomfortable and multiple of us have told him to stop before, which he hasn’t. he also calls us all sweetheart, baby, cutie, etc. he’s also straight up told me i was cute before and told me i was being seductive to him when i told him to “come here” in the most normal way possible. i’m 16, he’s 30. this is just everything that has happened to me so far and i couldn’t even tell you all the things he’s said or done to the other girls in the workplace, some as young as 15. but, what my main concern and breaking point really is is that he said racist things to one of the black employees, calling him a “colored person”. i only found this out today but apparently this took place only a few days after this guy started. this is everything that has happened in a matter of about 3 weeks and i’ve gotten to the point where i don’t want to work with him anymore because he disgusts me in every way possible and makes me feel extremely uncomfortable to be around. i like my job and all of my other coworkers besides him so i don’t want to quit but i don’t know what to do. do i try reporting him to the general manager? what do i even say and how do i put it into words? i just want him out of this place because its making my job an uncomfortable environment, and not just for me. i don’t know if they would be hesitant to fire him since he is the banquet captain.