New to texting. The "XX" at the end of a text. Tel

This is probably a really stupid question but please be patient with a non-texter like me.

I got my mobile and since I have got into this dating business I been trying to understand this texting lark with the "x" at the end of a message.

I only put an x on the end for female friends. But I wondered.

I been flirting for several months with this lass and it is building up to me asking her out. In truth, I don't know were I stand.

But I notice she puts a "XX" at the end of her texts to me. The texts themselves are not flirty as we text very few times in the last few weeks and she is not much of a texter either. I plan to ask her out this week. But just wondered.

This "Xx" at the end? In your world of texting is that a special kiss at the end of a message or not. I would like to think it was but you know how these things are...everyone no doubt texts different right?

Thankyou for you help in advance.

Spartan

PS: It took me three months and one lady who I dated for several months who suddenly asking me, "why don't you put an x at the end of your text to me?" to realise what all this business was! Playing catch up here.

Thank you very much for the replies! Aye, from what you are saying it looks like it is shaping up to be what I didn't want to hear rather than what I had hoped. But at least I know now.

From what you are saying in reality it doesn't matter how many x's there are - it means nought more than a single x. Time for me to keep it real I think. (always a good thing)

I wondered what that circle was on another text I got from a friend. I now know it was a hug! Good job she was a lass eh!

judge her body language..not her text language.

Aye a very good point and I should know this already but I dunno, sometimes you need someone to point it out to you when you yourself are the person in the situation. Many thanks! If body language was to go by then it is very very good between us. A lot of flirting, touching, eye contact, fooling around and generally having a good time and very close on the dance floor. Mind you saying that, she is flirty by nature, so back to square one....

When I was a teenager (long time ago), we didn't write e-mails to each other, let alone use text messages.

Aye, same here. Still cannot get my head around the emails and texting. Feels a tad alien to me. I am aware I am getting sucked into this texting business when I know all to well - it's bad and no replacement for seeing the person or talking to them over the phone! I say bad because I spent a whole night trying to placate my mate who argued with his gf by text but was fine with her face to face, and then there is me here looking at a xx and over analyzing it. I know why I am doing it, because I like her so much and doing that thing where you look for hints they like you the same way.

I will ask her out. I have asked her out once before and she said "maybe" followed by "after Christmas". I will ask her one last time but if she says maybe or no, then it's good bye from me. Head held high, shoulders back, chest out and force march on full speed out of there! It will be hard because I really do fancy her a lot and we get on so well, a lot of chemistry but I am not going to stand around to be her friend and watch her date someone else. No way. It will be painful, but moving on is what I will have to do.

And if she says yes, I will buy everyone a beer or juice for the non-drinkers!

Spartan