Can dreams actually tell you something.

Ok well last night I was sleeping like everyone does and I had this very strange dream.

First it started out good.....if you can count being at school fun. Anyway, it started getting bad when my g/f dumped me (thank god this is just a dream). Then after that every person I have ever known in my whole entire life got mad at me so that I no longer had any friends. And to top the wonderful dream off, I started cutting (in my dream) which I've only done once in my life.

Now I might be over reacting but I don't know, I've always thought dreams were trying to tell us all something. I like to consider dreams as a sign, whether good or bad. So if anyone out there thinks I'm over reacting or that I might be on to something or what my dream could be telling me please let me know, thanx.

I'm not an interpreter, but I always find that the worse your dream sounds, the weirder the interpretation is. I"ll have a go at interpreting what I think it means, but again I could be right off so feel free to ignore me. Perhaps having all the people you've known leave your life in such a way could suggest that your telling yourself to put a little more effort in your relationships. Cutting could also mean that there's something missing from your life that you need or want very badly. Because it's a physical thing I think it could be something emotional. That's the best I can do and I hope someone who can really do this is more help for you.

Betty!

I never understood this dream stuff. I seen books that describe what things mean in a dream...but I think that is just some people trying to sell books. Also they say you dream in black and white...I dream color...so where they come up with this..i'm not sure.

Anyway...your dream was my reality in HS. I have had dreams of relationships ending, or my girl liked another guy. It all came true for me. Maybe it was in my subconscious...like I knew, but really didn't...the dream just kind of put it through to me.

So your dreams could just be something you are worried about. Worried about your woman leaving you, your friends betraying you, or maybe even you are worried about something in school. Could be a lot of things. Don't read to much into for now.

DBL

Dreams take our feelings, emotions, and thoughts and mix them all together in strange ways that often don't make sense. This is probably your insecurities, conscious or unconscious, manifesting themselves. We all worry about being rejected by others and how it will affect us. Your dream may represent this fear. Try to deal with these fears by remembering that people do care about you. You have friends and a girlfriend. About the cutting, if you've only done it once then keep focusing on why you didn't do it again. And don't worry, just because you dream something doesn't mean it will come true. You should hear some of the crazy things I've dreamed about.

Dreaming is a state in your sleep called REM. During these Rem sleeps that occur 20 minutes many time throughout the night you will start to dream. Most dreams are not remembered because they help sort through all the information through the past day. Some dreams are said to show wishful fullfillment or the persons desires, also cognitive problem solving can occur during these stages. Most freams are caused because of high neuro activity the stimuliates the brain. that is a short overview of dreams.

As for your dream if i was to inturprate it, it would seem to me that this dream represented everything you don't want to happen in your life or you are afraid of.

Hope my information is helpful.

... I don't believe in this dream stuff... but I had a couple of dreams that came true a few years after I had them.

Well. I hope dreams don't mean anything. ALL of my dreams are super demented... some of them even continue. For the longest time I was dreaming about being locked in an ice prison. I was actually cold and I could feel pain, which really wasn't cool. Someone kept forcing me down a slide with a bunch of ice spikes on it. Boy did it hurt... it happened every single night for 1.5 years. It was so painful being asleep.

Then... my demented dreams... hmm... I dreamed that I lived in this tiny little villiage with no more than 20 people. Someone drowned in the villiage *shiver* I didn't really care about the person that drowned... but when I went home I saw a coffin in my living room. I freaked out, went into my room and opened my drawer... wow, his corpse is there. So, I ran to my neighbor's house and asked them for help, no one believed me... and I went to the river.. wow, he's there again! ...and I went home... whaah, why is his body still in my house? He smelled too, and I could see his skin decaying when I didn't even know what a dead body looked like.

^^: None of my dreams are good, so I remember all of them.

The scariest one I had was about visiting bf after bootcamp, somehow we were in a hotel and he was going to meet us there. I supposely went with a friend... but we arrived and found that we have a roommate? Well.. then my mom showed up out of no where... the building changed itself and the routes kept changing so we got lost. We finally found our room, but only to find a monster that ripped people apart and chewed on them. So, blood splattered everywhere and people were screaming and I could smell blood... well, the monster killed the roommate, my friend, and my mom... but I was too scared to save them, so I ran, and the monster came after me... and bf showed up. I didn't want him killed so I had to stuff him in some staircase and lure the monster away. I don't think I was ever that scared in my life. I had to lure the monster far enough away so he can survive, but I really didn't want to do that at my own expense, yet I had no choice. I was just hoping I'll run into a crowd of people and it'll lose focus so I can escape and go find bf again.

...yeah, these dreams better mean nothing.

right, i find with dreams they do always tell you something, it's something that your subconsious is trying to tell you that you're not aware of. normally feelings.

like my dreams usually have my fears in them...

like if i had that dream i'd say that i was scared of losing someone i cared about...but i guess thats pretty obvious?

or maybe you and your g/f are having roblems you're not aware of.

shrug.

dont listen to me!!!

I think dreams are sort of like "God's way of showing you things" sometimes we really dont understand the TRUE message of what is in our dreams. You hvae to look at the dream in a more deep perspective. I rearely dream, but It's incredibly strange but every dream I can ever remember having has actually happened to me later in the future... (well I mean besides the obvious "no way its gonna happen" ones like vampires and such) I remember having a dream about the girl of my dreams and my best friend, that he was goign to make a move on her... and I had had a crush on her for 6 years! I specifaclly remember this one scene from my dream when me and my friends were all sitting at the lunch table and my best friend said something.... about 2 weeks later... the exact scene from my dream took place... and I knew exactly what was happening and almost the exact words he used.....

So... there ya go, I think dreams are meant to tell you things about your life.