What is worse for the body Marijuana or alcohol???

this is jsut something that really makes me wonder which is worse

now our whole lives people hace always said weed is very bad and will kill you and that it has very bad effects to it

what ive made of it is that weed isnt as bad as people make it out to be

the facts that i believe is that weed is even less dangerous than cigarettes

becasuse weed has no nicotine, and its a fact that not ONE Person has died from jsut marijuana use

i under stand its bad to be under the infulence of it because of all the dangerous things that may happen but im jsut wondering about how dangerius it is to the body compared to alchohol because alchohl is leagal compared to weed which is not

but alcohol

1.kills brain cells( weed does not)

2.is addictive( weed is not)

3. can be overdosed(weed can not)

4. kills people every day( weed never once in history)

5. can lead to violence ( weed does not)

thats just a few things off the top of my head

i jsut really would like to know which is worse because i believe that peopl have mixed around the facts way too much and jsut want to know for myself

o and let me know if i said any facts that are wrong becuase im not 100% sure on everythign i said but very close too it lol......

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pete89 SAID:

"but alcohol

1.kills brain cells( weed does not)

link removed addictive( weed is not)

3. can be overdosed(weed can not)

4. kills people every day( weed never once in history)

5. can lead to violence ( weed does not)"

you are:

1.WRONG BOTH DO

2.WRONG BOTH DO

3.right in some sense...

4.WRONG BOTH DO

5.SOMETIMES RIGHT, but pot can also cause depression & that can lead to violence...

check these out:

link removed

link removed

drugs & alcohol are a lot like sexual behavior, they may not be considered 'bad' but you have to take into consideration how, how often, with whom & why you are doing it in order to label one over the other as a 'bad thing'....and that all varies from individual to individual.

-DG724

yes but like i said im talking about how bad it is for the body not the effects that may happen while under the infulence

well sometimes the result while under the influence is the time where the damage is done to the body......

people become paraylyzed, brain dead, amputated/decapitated, burnt & so on from car accidents alone due to impaired judgement while under the influence...now if that isnt damage done to the body then i dont know what is...it doesnt matter at what point of the 'high/buzz' that the bodily damage is done. nor does it matter whether or not the damage is in the form of cancer to the liver due to alcohol, or in the form of lung cancer caused by smoking...

-DG724

Ok drinking make me crazy and violent...pot always made me relaxed, but then I become a sitting duck cause I couldn't fight my way out of a paper bag when I am high. The mixture of the two always did me justice though.

My friend had to go to the hospital because he convinced himself he was having a heart attack.

DBL

The body doesn't need either of them for survival, and both do more harm than good when used in the long run or abused.

I just remember in college when some smarty put his stash of weed in the dorm heating vent thinking he'd get away clean if there were a random room search that night. The whole dorm wound up getting high from it. I've hated marijuana since then cause the smell made me hug porcelain all night and until about noon the next day.

So from that experience I have to say it's probably not good for your body. lol

And I don't drink alcohol. I'm asian and drinking alcohol makes my skin flush red and I get an all over body itchy rash which definitely isn't worth the buzz. And like the pot, I say if it can make my body feel that awful then it's probably not good for me. lol

i'm one of those people who enjoy mj every now and then.

not addicted to it in the least. if i never had one ever again i wouldn't care. and actually i do know what i'm doing when i'm high...it just lowers my inhibitions...but that's not to say i do stupid things..i'm still absolutely myself. your sense of right or wrong doesn't go away.

more than anything you should question your personality first...if you're the type to abuse things like this...whether it be alcohol or weed or whatever else.

Like any substance you put into your body, both will have some effect on it...particularly if you don't practice moderation.

The main difference I have noticed is this....

Since alcohol is socially acceptable and legal for those over a certain age, people are more likely to indulge (and over indulge) in public (bars, restaurants) which means they're going to try to get home at some point. Even with all the admonitions against it, some of these less-than-sober folks will get behind the wheel of a car and put non-consenting, innocent others at risk because of their behavior.

Since marijuana is illegal and not as widely accepted, people tend to indulge at home. Marijuana also tends to kill one's motivation to go do anything other than raid the kitchen. On some level, if you're high, I think you're a little more aware of it (and aware you're doing something inherently illegal), so you're more likely to keep a low profile.

Not saying people don't drive when they're stoned...just that I've observed it to be less likely for them to choose to drive when they're stoned than when they're drunk.

The way I see it, MJ should be legalized, with restrictions. And just foor the record, I'm not a big smoker. Once in a while (maybe 4 times a year), I partake but that's it.

The government makes tons of money off the sale of regular ciggerette. If they could use the same taxing method on mj that they do on ciggerettes, this country would be rich!

As far as impairing your judgement, it mostly just makes you lethargic & hungry. If we could find a kind of breathalzer for mj the way we do for alcohol, I think we'd be all set.

one thing that I did learn since the first time I ever smoked pot is that if you believe that pot is damaging to your body, that it can impair your judgement so much or that it gives you difficulty in breathing or convinced of having a heart attack, then the paranoia is more likey to cause these things to happen than the effect of being high...

my first couple of joints were terrible. I kept thinking the police were about to kick the front door open, i imagined everyone i met could tell that i was stoned, i imagined my lungs collapsing or my heart stopping, having a brain aneurism... it was pretty unpleasant, but you have to rememebr that I had come from years of brain washing in school and from parents...

after a while I began to loosen up and actually enjoy myself and feel in control, and I realized that all these things they say about pot is mostly lies to scare you from doing it (they used to claim pot turned you into a murderous cannibal back in the old days to make an effect)... and now im totally cool. Occasionally I smoke more than I can handle and feel a bit stoned, but then I just remind myself that theres nothing to worry about and life should be enjoyed, and everything is fine.

1. Kills Brain cells - As far as I'm aware, pot does't really kill brain cells. And they don't really know what effect it has on your brain, other than that some molecules attach themselves to fat particles in your brain used to transmit from neuron to neuron or something like that. So all it probably does is alter the blood flow in your head, sorta like standing up too quickly. Alcohol, on the other hand, does kill brain cells, because the process chemical dehydrates your brain cells, killing them.

2. Addictive - I've never met anyone addicted to pot, except for seriously depressed people who are having a rough time in life and the only reason they cant stop smoking is because its the only thing that makes them feel ok. It has no addictive substance in it... although, like anything, it can be habit forming, but this is the realm of psychology.

3. Cant OD - well, technically you can, but it is so unlikely, its impossible... something like 50,000 joints in 1 hour... You'd die beforehand from over-exerting your lungs, more likely. With alcohol, it something like 3 times the amount that gets you drunk, which is significantly more probable and happens a lot.

4. Kills people every day - alcohol kills people everyday from violence and drunk-driving. While alcohol is well known to make people more risk-taking, pot is more known to make people more cautious and slower, but both do affect your judgement... true... Personally, I think alcohol is more likely to be dangerous than pot, even when all things being equal.

5. Can lead to violence - this is some of the propaganda that they came out with in the 40's/50's time, that they claimed pot could eventually turn you into a deranged psychopath and cannibalistic... or what ever... thats non-sense. And furthermore, I've never gotten into any fights when I or the people around me were high. It just _never_ happened. Alcohol, on the other hand, it can barely go out for an hour without meeting someone who is drunk and aggressive.

Dont get me wrong tho, I still think alcohol should be legal, but I believe that pot is mostly harmless, while alcohol is the one thats actually more dangerous.

Pot is like catnip for humans.

Go figure.

Yeah, pot can be psychologically addicting to some. I have a friend who blows the remainder of his paycheck on it. Its the first thing he does after paying his child support. His roomate-another friend of mine-hasn't seen a penny of rent money since he moved in with him.

Whevever we go out and he's not stoned, he never shuts up about it. Saying things such as, "This would be so much more fun if I were stoned."

i stopped smokin the hippy lettuce because i would get reallllly good stuff & be totally nonfunctioning to go about my daily life. i had to stop. my life is way too busy to be strugglin to comprehend somethin as simple as walking...i think i did it in excess as well when i did smoke. & yea it relieved stress while in that dreamlike stage but once the high came down i got pretty upset & down. SUCKED! alcohol affected me negatively like 2-3 times when i drank b/c i was upset over the 'ex' & man i never cried so violently in my life! that was no fun..if drinkin/smokin are done to help aid your problems im sorry but thats an addiction.

-DG724

alcohol is way worst, trust me!!!! alcohol makes you lose weight to where mary jane makes you eat, alcohol eats away your liver to where mary jane takes away all pain, just dont be a long term user or get addicted to other drugs. Because it will eat away at your life, take away your friends, family, pride, joy, dreams, everything!!!!! it will destroy you every bit of the way, and it will kill you fast.. so my advice is dont worry about what is better for you, how about takin' a nice girl out for a date and gettin laid. i believe that to be a little more healthier,

alcohol is way worst, trust me!!!! alcohol makes you lose weight to where mary jane makes you eat, alcohol eats away your liver to where mary jane takes away all pain, just dont be a long term user or get addicted to other drugs. Because it will eat away at your life, take away your friends, family, pride, joy, dreams, everything!!!!! it will destroy you every bit of the way, and it will kill you fast.. so my advice is dont worry about what is better for you, how about takin' a nice girl out for a date and gettin laid. i believe that to be a little more healthier,

not for nothin i think you should do your research...alcohol packs on the pounds! i drink & i am a bartender trust me on this ok. not to mention its simple logic alcohol->is sugars->sugars->carbs->=more weight. MJ takes away all your pain huh....i think you need to get some kind of help. b/c it doesnt!! drugs get you 'high' just that, 'HIGH' a HIGH which you will come back DOWN from back into reality!! IT MAY NUMB YOUR PAINS FOR A LITTLE BIT!! but once it wears off you are depressed & in pain once again. all it does is release saratonin chemical from your brain to make you feel temporarily happy!! (& doin that alot CAN & WILL make u run out of that chemical!!) leading to permanant depression & all those other problems post depression!! & as for finding some chick & gettin LAID!! HELLO, HOW IS THAT HEALTHIER?!? dude im sorry but i wouldnt take this guys advice at all. HOW IS SCREWIN A TOTAL STRANGER HEALTHY??!! HELLO AIDS!! HIV!!! HERPES!!! SYPHILLIS!!! ETC ETC ETC!! WOW! not for nothin but that seems like a very ignorant reply...i think you need to look into the negative effects of those 'problem solving agents' that you indulge yourself in...

a lil of both is not gonna be such a big deal. but when you drink & smoke for reasons the previous poster said, you need help..& lots of it!

-DG724

This topic gives me the munchies.

I stopped smoking pot a few years back because it was effecting my work. I was still high when I woke up and couldn't do that any more.

I stopped drinking alcohol because, well i'm not a good drunk...but even when I was a good drunk, I can't remember them times too well.

Anyway...if you are going to drink and spoke pot...then don't drive.

Oh..and use condoms if you have sex.

DBL

weed in the long run...can cause cancer etc. but 1 in 3 people are more likely to die from cancer than of anything else now anyway. and if you very drunk you can die easy, drown, fall into a spiky fence etc... at least if you just smoke weed you're safe in the house or wherever and if youre drunk youre more likely to do something stupidly crazy.

not an expert but I think Pot is most likely to kill you, I mean it kills more brain cells then alcohol... and you can go to reavilitation for both but only for alcohol you can really be cured because with pot you can stop using it but you are pretty much be someone with no-brain. pot kills you faster.

weed in the long run...can cause cancer etc. but 1 in 3 people are more likely to die from cancer than of anything else now anyway.

have you ever heard of CANCER OF THE LIVER & KIDNEYS??

im sorry IS IT JUST ME?? or do others agree that you guys have to know what youre talking about before you post!

this is going to be a never ending post of the same stuff....a lot of 1 sided arguments & ignorance to the REAL FACTS ON THE MATTER.

-DG724

they're both pretty bad unless done in moderation. I do weed occasionly and drink far more frequently.

I hate hate hate the way that people say stuff like grass "is natural and from the earth so it can't be bad like cigs or alcohol" etc etc.... and alcohol isn't?!... tobacco is also a plant... how stupid are people. Sorry just a pet hate..

I grew up as a stoner but ive moved on... I can guarantee that if i go down the park where i used to go the same people will still be sat there smoking... pathetic. I don't mind a bit of it but to base your life around it and it "culture" and to feel that you have to change into a "stoner" or whatever in order to partake in that lifestyle I find unforgivable... god im ranting

ah well

xx

• 3 years later...

well first of all pot smoke might kill brain cells but the gov.wont do tests to prove whut thay say kill brain cells and might couse cancer but thare have been no test to prove it but if you eat it in brownies or vaporize it it dus not. weed is not pyisicly addicting which means your body dusent crave it after it has left unlike caffien which is both mentaly and pyisicly addicting. it is allmost imposoble to overdose on weed in order to do that you have to smoke 1500 pounds in 15 minets so have fun trying to do that weed dus impare jugment slightly but in the past i have smoked a joint and drove at the same time many of my hommies have too and we dident evan speed and it only leads to violence if someone takes your mony without giveing you your weed and that wood not happen if it was legal

It depends really. If both are used in moderation long-term, weed is worse due to the mental health implications, i.e. psychosis, mood problems including manic depression and depression, and cannabis can alter the effect of any anti-depressants or tranquilizers, in addition to aggravating any already present mental problems.

Physically, assuming you know the contents of the cannabis, it can be worse for lungs than cigarettes, as the tar sinks to the bottom of the lungs rather than being evenly distributed. However, tobacco contains a variety of ingredients apart from tar that are terrible for health pretty much throughout the body. If cannabis is mixed with tobacco in a joint then cannabis is worse.

Alcohol, when drank sensibily can't do much damage, although alcohol is a poison and an anesthetic, and alcohol can be pretty fattening and isn't good the the liver. When used in excess, alcohol is very dangerous indeed. You can quite easily die from just one night's binge drinking (the brain becomes so subdued that no message is sent to the lungs to breathe, so the body, and the person, doesn't realise that they are infact suffocating), and alcohol is far more addictive then weed.

An alcoholic will go through the same, if not worse, withdrawal symptoms as a heroin addict. Alcohol forms a strong physical and psychological dependency, and whilst you can become addicted to marijuana this is a psychological depenency alone.

Alcohol has been linked to heart disease, strokes, long and short term memory loss, mouth, throat and breast cancer, liver disease, and fertility problems.

have you ever heard of CANCER OF THE LIVER & KIDNEYS??

im sorry IS IT JUST ME?? or do others agree that you guys have to know what youre talking about before you post!

this is going to be a never ending post of the same stuff....a lot of 1 sided arguments & ignorance to the REAL FACTS ON THE MATTER.

-DG724

Sorry, but you have no idea what you're saying. Marijuana does not cause cancer, and there has never been a documented case that it does. There is no credible evidence marijuana causes any kind of long-term damage to the human body.

Speaking from the perspective of someone with a background in pharmacology and psychology I would say that all things considered alcohol is clearly worse. Please do not succumb to drug war, reefer madness propaganda. Marijuana is not without risks, but it's not the assassin of our youth either.