Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is worse for the body Marijuana or alcohol???

What is worse for the body Marijuana or alcohol???

this is jsut something that realy makes me wonder which is worse

now our whole lives people hace always said weed is very bad and will kill you and that it has very bad effects to it

what ive made of it is that weed isnt as bad as people make it out to be
    the facts that i believe is that weed is even less dangerous than cigarettes
    becasuse weed has no nicotine, and its a fact that not ONE Person has died from jsut marijuana use

i under stand its bad to be under the infulence of it because of all the dangerous things that may happen but im jsut wondering about how dangerius it is to the body compared to alchohol because alchohl is leagal compared to weed which is not

but alcohol
    1.kills brain cells( weed does not)
    2.is addictive( weed is not)
    3. can be overdosed(weed can not)
    4. kills people every day( weed never once in history)
    5. can lead to violence ( weed does not)

thats just a few things off the top of my head

i jsut realy would like to know which is worse because i believe that peopl have mixed around the facts way too much and jsut want to know for myself

o and let me know if i said any facts that are wrong becuase im not 100% sure on everythign i said but very close too it lol......

Well weed is worse than cigarettes because it impairs your judgement, where cigarettes do not, say if you were to go drive a car.

yes but like i said im talking about how bad it is for the body not the effects that may happen while under the infulence

pete89 SAID:

"but alcohol
    1.kills brain cells( weed does not)
    2.is addictive( weed is not)
    3. can be overdosed(weed can not)
    4. kills people every day( weed never once in history)
    5. can lead to violence ( weed does not)"

you are:
    1.WRONG BOTH DO
    2.WRONG BOTH DO
    3.right in some sense...
    4.WRONG BOTH DO
    5.SOMETIMES RIGHT, but pot can also cause depression & that can lead to violence...

check these out:

goaskalice.columbia.edu/1130.html

uistudenthealth.com/question/default.asp?asgid=4&agid=1&id=146

drugs & alcohol are a lot like sexual behavior, they may not be considered 'bad' but you have to take into consideration how, how often, with whom & why you are doing it in order to label one over the other as a 'bad thing'....and that all varies from individual to individual.

-DG724
    Don't Tread on Me.
    www.CampaignForLiberty.com

Quote Originally Posted by pete89
    yes but like i said im talking about how bad it is for the body not the effects that may happen while under the infulence
    well sometimes the result while under the influence is the time where the damage is done to the body......

people become paraylyzed, brain dead, amputated/decapitated, burnt & so on from car accidents alone due to impaired judgement while under the influence...now if that isnt damage done to the body then i dont know what is...it doesnt matter at what point of the 'high/buzz' that the bodily damage is done. nor does it matter whether or not the damage is in the form of cancer to the liver due to alcohol, or in the form of lung cancer caused by smoking...

-DG724
    Don't Tread on Me.
    www.CampaignForLiberty.com

Ok drinking make me crazy and violent...pot always made me relaxed, but then I become a sitting duck cause I couldn't fight my way out of a paper bag when I am high. The mixture of the two always did me justice though.

My friend had to go to the hospital because he convinced himself he was having a heart attack.

DBL

The body doesn't need either of them for survival, and both do more harm than good when used in the long run or abused.

I just remember in college when some smarty put his stash of weed in the dorm heating vent thinking he'd get away clean if there were a random room search that night. The whole dorm wound up getting high from it. I've hated marijuana since then cause the smell made me hug porcelain all night and until about noon the next day.

So from that experience I have to say it's probably not good for your body. lol

And I don't drink alcohol. I'm asian and drinking alcohol makes my skin flush red and I get an all over body itchy rash which definitely isn't worth the buzz. And like the pot, I say if it can make my body feel that awful then it's probably not good for me. lol
    Learn from the Past, Live in the Present, Prepare for the Future.

i'm one of those people who enjoy mj every now and then.

not addicted to it in the least. if i never had one ever again i wouldn't care. and actually i do know what i'm doing when i'm high...it just lowers my inhibitions...but that's not to say i do stupid things..i'm still absolutely myself. your sense of right or wrong doesn't go away.

more than anything you should question your personality first...if you're the type to abuse things like this...whether it be alcohol or weed or whatever else.

Pot is good for stress. I haven't smoke in a few years, but I can remember not having stress like I do now.

DBL

Like any substance you put into your body, both will have some effect on it...particularly if you don't practice moderation.

The main difference I have noticed is this....

Since alcohol is socially acceptable and legal for those over a certain age, people are more likely to indulge (and over indulge) in public (bars, restaurants) which means they're going to try to get home at some point. Even with all the admonitions against it, some of these less-than-sober folks will get behind the wheel of a car and put non-consenting, innocent others at risk because of their behavior.

Since marijuana is illegal and not as widely accepted, people tend to indulge at home. Marijuana also tends to kill one's motivation to go do anything other than raid the kitchen. On some level, if you're high, I think you're a little more aware of it (and aware you're doing something inherently illegal), so you're more likely to keep a low profile.

Not saying people don't drive when they're stoned...just that I've observed it to be less likely for them to choose to drive when they're stoned than when they're drunk.
    "And all I can think is that it must be a kind of rebellion
    to arm your fears like soldiers and to slay them...." -The Airborne Toxic Event

"All you need to understand is everything you know is wrong." - Weird Al Yankovic

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
According to the findings of a recent study, married women may find themselves drinking a lot more alcohol than single or divorced women, while ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that, when under stress, men tend to be attracted to women with a more curvaceous body type, found a new research, according to which ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Marriage and divorce are linked to weight gain among both women and men, and especially those who are over age 30, found U.S. sociologists. However, ...