Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what is wrong with me...why does no one want me

what is wrong with me...why does no one want me

I am 18 and I have never had a bf. I want one so badly, i feel so lonely. I am ugly i dont think but i am deffinatley not extremly pretty either. i am really just kind of plain. I am always reffered to as the sweet one out of all my friends. I tend to be kind of quiet too. I guess guys just like more aggressive girls but that is just not me. I am not really picky when it comes to guys, I really care mostly about personality, but the only ones that show any interest in me only seem to be the guys who aren't really looking for a relationship (just sex) or aren't very nice. I guess my queston is how would someone like me get a nice guy.

~sally

Hi'ya

Never Give up, its really that simple. Set goals for yourself that you can achieve and with deadlines. It seems that you haven't been meeting a lot of good people lately so here would be a sample outline

Week 1 - Contimplate who and what your looking for, and then think about where you might meet them.
    Week 2 - Try to say Hi to at least 20 strangers(in public of course), not necissarly anyone your interested in, just to build confidence and help you overcome your shyness
    Week 3 - Make small conversation with 5 people.

Etc

You just can't forget that every no, is just another no on the way towards a yes.

Hi,

Nothing's wrong with you, you just haven't found the right person to have a relationship with. I'm 21 and still waiting on my first girlfriend and there are plenty of other people our age who are also still waiting. There are lots of nice guys out there who would love to go out with a sweet girl like yourself. I know it's frustrating to never had that experience yet but it will happen eventually, just have hope and believe in yourself. For now, keep on being yourself and doing the things you enjoy doing. If you want to put yourself "out there" find a club or some activity that matches your interests. You can meet new people who you share something in common with and have fun doing something you love. You sound like a good person. Don't worry, you'll find someone special.
    The ShySoul has recently been on a mission to share a banner of love, respect, compassion, honesty, and selfless giving with one another. If you believe in these things as well, please make them a part of your everyday lives.

The soul never dies. We all have a strength within us that no force can deny. Speak up for what is right and never let anyone silence you.

thanks yall, i will try that schedule thig fallslikerain
    ~sally

Definitly follow Fallslikerain's advice...it is golden.

I used to have a problem with self esteem (not saying you exactly do...but I'm basing off my experience). But you will soon find out that the more you do make the effort (especially the 20 people thing)...even if you don't get the exact responses you are looking for...things will happen. You are not necissarily "putting yourself out there", but the more people you interact with...the more motivation to find that special person you will have.

Good guys ARE out there....trust me.
    "Someone needs to remind me that love is fun...because I don't trust it right now"

My Blog

I know you are lonely and frustrated...but trust me ...I would rather be lonely than "HEARTBROKEN". I have been on both ends... and the latter "SUCKS". Actually you are one of the lucky ones. I will tell you one thing though... NEVER...NEVER...NEVER... SETTLE FOR LESS THAN THE BEST FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You "WILL" meet the the man of your dreams "SOMEDAY" DON"T BE IN A RUSH...There are some creeps out there. Trust me. These IDIOT men that wear these pants almost down to their knees... what a joke. My Stepdad works in a prision ...and if they only knew what wearing pant's like that meant...they would cry Honey you are young... enjoy it while you can. Enjoy "YOURSELF" while you can...You don't need a man.

Trust me... keep them out of of your life for as long as you can...you will be much happier. Take care ...and if there is anything I can give you advise on... please let me know.

Michelle

i know exactly where you are coming from.

i have always been known as the "quiet chick," or "the sweet one" and all that. for a long time the only guys that showed any interest in me where the ones who wanted nothing more than sex. i never liked them, but i was far too shy to actually stand up and tell them i wasn't interested in their bullsh....yeah. i did eventually stand up for myself and let them know that i wasn't interested at all in what they wanted.

but that still left me with a problem, i felt really really lonely. i got very lucky, and a boy that i had been very good friends with for years started showing interest, and i did the same. we have now been dating for two years, and i could never imagine anything better.

judging by your picture you are GORGEOUS and there is no reason to worry about being lonely. the majority of guys that any girl meets are usually not worth any time at all, and by you not being the more "aggressive" type, you will have to go through less of the bad guys to find the good.

do not worry. you will find someone in due time. and everything will always work out.
    love
    -me

well it isn't like i dont stand up to the guys who just want sex, i have never been a one night stand or anything. What worries me alot is that guys dont even seem to want to be my friend much less my boyfriend
    ~sally

Re: what is wrong with me...why does no one want me

Quote Originally Posted by sally429
    I am ugly i dont think but i am deffinatley not extremly pretty either.
    excelalways is right...you are attractive...you have nothing to worry about. Don't push love, and force a relationship. I was also similar to you...I didn't have a serious girlfriend until I was 22!! And for the time we spent, it was well worth the wait! Just don't settle for anyone...
    "Someone needs to remind me that love is fun...because I don't trust it right now"

My Blog

If thats u in the picture i'll be surprised if guys don't go up to u often. And many guys prefer quiet/shy girls. It might be that due to your shyness u are not giving any hints to guys that your interested in them, and unless u give us a little hint, most guys won't want to risk the chance of rejection, as a girl that doesnt give any hints surely isn't interested right?. I'll never go upto a girl unless she has at least looked at me twice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
One of the biggest causes of stress and unhappiness in life are failed relationships. Making a relationship work is one of the most important life ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It has been universally acknowledged that having a long distance relationship is not such a good idea, especially if there is no known end-date to ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Some people say that when we deeply love or care about someone we automatically open the door to betrayal. I am not sure whether such statement holds ...