Is it possible to be in love with someone you hardly know???

usababe

I don't know what to do I've been crazy about this guy for over 2 months now and I can't get him out of my head. I thought it was just a bad crush but it hasn't gone away and I'm 21 - I'm too old for crushes!

I know he doesn't feel the same way and he ignores me sometimes but I'm still crazy about him. Help! I really wanna get over him but I can't.

Yeah I do, but I know he doesn't feel the same way so that's why I have to get over him. He used to come up and talk to me and my friends when we were out but then he found out I liked him (not from me & I didn't want him to find out) but now he'll just say hi or he might just say hi to my friend and ignore me, which really hurts. So I need to get over him!

You know I'm in your exact same situation, only a little more into it. I knew this girl for only 3 days and she went home (europe) and I was heartbroken. In the 8 months she was gone not one day went by when I wasn't missing her. I've tried to forget about her many times and haven't succeeded. I love her to death.

So to answer your question I believe it is possible to fall in love with someone you hardly know if you connect with them on a deep enough level in the short time you have known them. I always tell myself it's lust, or a crush, but it's been a year and I haven't had 1 day I pass where I'm not thinking of her. I see her every week now and I cannot justify my feelings for her, they are just there.

Well , that happened to me lately , I barely knew this girl..i chatted and talked to her quite a few times and damn it seemed like we knew each other for centuries , was it lust ? i don't think so ..i wasn't thinking about bangin her.. that would be nice.. cuz she was just hot to death .. 0X , it wasn't love , somewhere between ..

well we lost contact cuz of personal issues but i would pay a "high" price to get with her ...anywayz ..yeah it can happen that u feel that beyond natural attraction ... but if he doesn't feel the same way or do not want to give it a shot ... drop the case ...

Well my situation has a couple extra hurdles thrown in. But I'm still working on it.

What I've been able to decifer from love at first site is it takes a lot of coincidence, but can happen.

I think it's the mix of all the emotions mixed with hopes, desire, and some imagination. You first meet a person and have a strong attraction towards them. You quickly form a relationship and view the person as exactly what you want, without knowing them. You maybe do some quick imagination as to exactly what the person is like, maybe visualize some really nice perfect situations you'd love to be in with that person.

Now, coincidence takes over. If it turns out that the person is just what you were hoping/dreaming for, what does time have to do with it? How nice would it be if no matter whether you know someone for ten days or ten years, and you've realized what they were from day one.

As far as my situation, I believe she feels similarly to me. But of course, as always things must be complicated. She has a boyfriend, she lives with him, been together 6 years. We knew each other for only 3 days last summer and she was interested in me when she met me. But, same as I, we both thought to ourselves that we were crazy since we only knew each other 3 days. Everyone I asked told me it wasn't right, just lust. So we kept in touch while she was gone, I eventually got a girlfriend and honestly thought about the girl who was gone(referred to as her) the entire time. So then in June she came back, I didn't know she had a boyfriend.

We started seeing each other, as friends. Eventually she confesses to me everything I had thought in my head. That she couldn't justify changing her whole life over 3 days, though her heart told her to, same thoughts I had. She tells me that she's never met anyone like me, and never felt this way before towards anyone, she then tells me (hesitantly) that she does have a boyfriend. She told me that things were different after she went home last summer, in her relationship with her boyfriend, she'd changed. She told me she thought about me every day and wanted to be with me. I've known her for a year now and yesterday was the closest we've come to having sex. She originally told her parents she was leaving her boyfriend for me, her dad was admitted to the mental hospital for a couple days as a result. Her family loves her boyfriend...she still loves him, but she swears I am nothing like him and she wants to be with me...she's come close but she's scared I guess. She loves her boyfriend, and I'm sure she loves me, just an awkward situation. In previous relationships I've even been jealous, I'm not jealous at all even if I think about her having sex with her boyfriend...I guess because she hasn't committed anything to me.

I cannot explain this at all. When I'm with her everything is different, peaceful. The other thing I can't explain is the thoughts for her, when I first met her I was ready to sell my car to buy 2 crappy ones so both of us had one, I wanted to take her out and buy her the most beautiful dress I could find, I wanted to write her poetry. I was in a 3 year relationship before meeting her and never had the same thoughts. Hell, this girl is the only one in her family who speaks english! But she has the most beautiful green eyes and fairest golden hair.

Wow! ya know I'd prefer to be in your situation than mine. You know she feels the same way whereas my guy doesn't. He can make me feel like the ugliest person in the world sometimes - actually it's probably more me than him cos I know I'll never be good enough for him. The thing is he's not your typical gorgeous guy who everyone fancies - he's not even good looking and I still find him so attractive.

So, is she leaving her boyf for you??

In all honestly I think so...yes it is possible. There was this girl I knew when I was little, and I liked her. Well 10 years passed, and I still liked her. I truly thought I was in love with her...even though I knew absolutely nothing about her. I searched for her, and finally found her. Yet by then, she had a boyfriend, her own friends...her own life. It was too late for me to step in...so I let her go, and I'm glad that we are still friends.

For me it was in the 3rd grade, there was this girl that I hang around her all day, and she told me she liked me, so we play and stuff, and she was trying to take my shirt off, but I didn't let her (I know...I know), so then I took s sneak peak at her chess...I didn't get exided or anything, bus she had no boobs, she was very very young, and so was I. I was either in love with her, or we where really really good friends.

Well...that was elementry school, when I went to my freshman year in high school I found out she was gonna go there too, so I wanted to see her, I wasn't in love with her anymore tho, maybey it was some sort of puppy love...anyways, she was a lesbian...awkward momemnts...she didn't recognized me, but I did to her, and we just lost touch ever since.

I would of stayed friends with her even she was a lesbian, her gf was not the nices person in the world, and she wasn't pretty at all, even tho my friend was hot and pretty.

Thats just my story, I don't want to get into details..

hi, i believe that you shouldnt ignore it. if you truly love this guy then nothing is gonna stop you from getting him. tell him how you feel maybe he likes you and doesnt want you to know it. if you dont try your going to regret it, trust me its worth a shot. love is always worth going for

I don't know what to do I've been crazy about this guy for over 2 months now and I can't get him out of my head. I thought it was just a bad crush but it hasn't gone away and I'm 21 - I'm too old for crushes!

I know he doesn't feel the same way and he ignores me sometimes but I'm still crazy about him. Help! I really wanna get over him but I can't.

Why are you so crazy about this guy? What is it about him that drives you crazy? What qualities does he possess? Does he fit the description of your ideal mate? I think an understanding to the nature of this attraction would be helpful.

And yes... I do believe you could be in love with someone you hardly know. Just make sure you understand the nature of that love so it wouldn't be misplaced.

• 8 years later...

I am going through the same thing crazy thing is i have never met him in person.He left me a message on facebook we chatted on facebook and texted then we talked on the phone twice.He lives in the uk and it is expensive to talk to him on the phone.He wont answer my text messages or get back to me on facebook,only time he answers me is over the phone.I think about him all the time and i cry alot over him i have never felt like this about anyone.It's crazy since we dont know each other.The thought of never being able to talk to him again is heart breaking.I have never fallen so fast for someone do you think it's even possible to feel like this about someone.What should i do he says he likes me but thenhe ignores my attempts to contact him all except on the phone.I cant afford a dollar forty nine a minute.I am so confused what should i do?Can any one help me out.

Hi usababe, first of all you are not too old for crushes - as in Karate, there are no resistant fighters, they just were not hit properly, so age has nothing to do with it, on any side of the equation.

Also, I think lostNheartbroken is correct reminding us that "love at first site is it takes a lot of coincidence, but can happen." It does and more often than we think. Good luck.

Archived