How to quit smoking COMPLETELY?

ok, i have a serious issue...

i been smoking for 3 and a half years now. smoking is just fun for me at the start, i guess peer pressure played a part in the reason i started. Back in the days in high school i was a bit of a badass and i did a lot of bad stuff with my mates but since i've been to uni i pretty much quit. Except smoking. they say it is the most addictive substance, and i been trying to quit smoking for ages now without success. i guess i associate smoking with chilling out, and i really like taking that 10 minutes off once in a while and just chill out with a cig. it has evolved into a stress coping mechanism for me, and when i think about it, it's bad even tho i only have what, 4 to 5 a day. like, i'm not a chain smoker who goes on a pack a day but i just don't want to smoke anymore.

i've tried to replace it with going to gym, taking up sport etc. etc. and everytime i go on a quitting mission i last 1 week to 1 month before i get bored and just want to chill out with a cig. i don't know whether it's the withdrawl of nicotine addiction or i'm just in a habit to do it but i really can't stop smoking altogether!! it's driving me nuts. Somehow i always talk myself into having another fag.

i know it's bad for you but i can't seem to quit since there is no immediate consequences. and there's no motivation for me to quit. everyone i talk to either smokes or don't smoke. i can't seem to find anyone who's quit...

Am i going to be smoking forever?

I would say that it is probably the habbit of smoking that is causing you to not quit,Really it is probably all in your mind so start off slow cut back smoking less and less or just stop all together and make yourself believe you dont need it,If that does not work try getting on the patch and make it a goal that you want to achieve trust me its tough but im sure you can do it good luck

No matter what anyone says, I think that it's impossible to quit smoking unless you're really serious about it. There have been times I've wanted to quit, and I would for like 2 weeks, and then I'd cave. Then, something happens where you just kind of realize you're fine without it. I can't really explain what made me quit for good, but I recommend stocking up on blow pops, menthol cough drops, and baby carrots. Eat them when you want one. Good luck!

I'm afraid there's no easy way to quit. It's all about willpower. I've never even taken a puff of it myself, even though I'm smoked pot a couple of times, so I can't relate. However, I know plenty of people who have quit, or tried so many times to quit that I'd need a third hand to count em.

From what I can observe, it's really up to the person quitting whether they want to succeed or not. You really have to be motivated, there's no magic trick.

hello my friend! you want a quick easy way to quit smoking, eh? well this worked for ... my friend. everytime you want a cigarette drink a small water bottle it helps alot. you can also try carrot sticks the pach the gum...the options are endless the water is what worked for ..my friend it may not work for you but i wish you all the luck in the world

-sTITcHEs aka The Antihero

all great advice, it is willpower, and it is overlooked, people think you need something to help you quit. but i think the one that works, is just stop. seems simple and stupid but if you really look at the statement and think about it. just stop. my dad was addicted for 3 years, and he got sick with a cold, and hes in bed, hes got a cough and the chills, and he really wants a cig, so he lights one up starts puffing, and starts to cough madly. after hes done coughing he puts the cig out and says this is stupid, and he just stopped. no bs, he just stopped. some people seem to think they need something to help them fight the addiction. ive been addicted to dip, (chewing tabbaco) for a year and when i wanted to quit i thought of my dad, and i looked at how i was gunna quit. and i looked at it as a test. a sort of "are you man enough to just stop" and i did. i just stopped. just man up, and stop. its really simple if you want it to be, i hope this helped. peaceout........muchas

Dude - I am going through the same thing myself right now - trying to quit.

The easiest way for me to quit - this is what worked best - is to just NOT buy cigarettes. If I don't have them with me, I can't smoke - unless I am with friends that smoke. So long as you keep yourself focused on not buying cigarettes - you will be on the road to quitting. Whenever I feel like having one I just drink some water, or even go have a nap. Drinking lots of water definitely helps - it helps get the nicotine out of your system.

The hard part is when u go out with friends that smoke. Then u are tempted to have one - but u know even if that happens - it is a minor setback but whatever u do, don't give in and buy a whole pack.

Good luck!