Are girls typically bigger flirts than guys?

I've come accross two girls now that have been in serious long distance relationships prior to meeting them. The first one flirted with me big time in college while her b/f was away by following me around, laughing with me, touching me, etc, but still claimed to be loyal to her boyfriend. The one I've met more recently through a friend is also in a long distance relationship, where her b/f is doing something in Asia for a year, but from the way she easily gives guys phone numbers and stuff online, it seems like she doesn't want to sit around and do nothing for too long. She's told me she wants to go out to different places with me and everything already, and even says they're not really together until he comes back. On the other hand, I have met guys who are in long distance relationships and aren't like that with girls around them.

What is going on here? It seems to me that the two girls I've described to you are definite attention cravers - they need to have guys in their orbit show interest in them to assure themselves that they can still attract other guys or something, in spite of the fact that they may or may not be interested. I know it depends on the person, but in most cases I've seen, a loyal guy will try not to flirt with any girl to the extent of telling them to go out together, etc.

What are your thoughts guys?

I, unfortunately, flirt with many guys, regardless if I actually like them. If a like a guy, I am loyal only to him, at least when we are together. But once he is gone, I seem to forget him and start to flirt. It is a very annoying habit that comes with puberty. I don't think all girls are like this, just as some guys may do this and some don't. It depends on age and the person.

Flirting can be harmless, and a girls low self-esteem will be the cause. If she is just looking for attention without 'cheating' then it may not be that bad of a thing. However, I would not want to get involved with someone with low self-esteem. Other relationship problems will arise in the long term. I am a girl, and have flirted in the absense of my boyfriend, but I have have learned since then to be confident and my self-esteem is not low anymore.

I think this is a warning sign. Some girls grow out of it and realize they are special and unique and loving without the constant attention of a guy. Your guy friends that have not flirted in the absense of thier girlfriend are well balanced - good for you for picking your friends. But there are guys out there that would do the same as these two girls. I don't think it's a gender specific thing - just a self-esteem and balanced thing.

John Gray's book, "How to get what you want and want what you have" is a good read for this type of issue. I love it - it talks about filling your needs appropriately too.

All my best

I think that girls flirt as much as guys. Yes I agree with the low self exteeme reasoning behind it.

I do not flirt for a few reasons. Number one is I am married. No 2 is I dont need to flirt to get attention. No three I find it to be distasteful. I tried it. It aint me! LOL

How ever this situation your in. I would really give it some thought. You do not need some one elses problems.

Sunny