What does it usually mean when a girl call you a dork?

aznboy88

It probably means you're a dork. This is link removed's definition:

dork ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dôrk)

n. Slang. A stupid, inept, or foolish person: "the stupid antics of America's favorite teen-age cartoon dorks" (Joshua Mooney).

Type in 'examples of dorks' in google & you might see some of Hollywood's favorites.

On the contrary, if you're hoping that I tell you it's some code word for "I like you (*wink wink*)" it's probably not, considering a lot of girls tell you this. But if some say it affectionately, in a flirty manner, then maybe for them it's a turn-on. For the majority of girls though, I would venture to say it's not.

Well it depends on the way they are saying it, like if they are joking or not. I always jokingly call my boyfriend a dork. I can't really say what I consider "dorky" to be in the joking way, but I just call him that when he gets all excited about something & is really cute. He gets all child like, but in a good way not an annoying way. So if girls are calling you a dork & they are joking around, it probably means they think you are a cutie.

It could mean different things. you already know the definition of the word "dork", thanks to Lily04. However, it could still mean otherwise. SUch as if they sound playful and happy, they are probably just calling you a goofball. But if they sound more serious, it could mean more of the literal meaning.

It all depends on how they say it.

Hi Aznboy88,

How are ya? I love your posts. They're always so funny and light hearted.

(Is this a question about the girl that you referred through? If it is, then perhaps she's just joking around.) Maybe for some girls it's different. I personally think that the word 'dork' can be used to 'insult' a guy, depending on how the girl feels for him. thereforeeee, I don't often use that word when talking to a guy, because it might hurt a guy's feelings. That's why people need to be careful with the words that they chose, like calling guys: dumb, dumby, dork, dorky, fool, weirdo, because some people are just really sensitive.

For me, when I get flirty with a guy, I usually call him a dork, added with a little buddy shove. LoL. I think that for some girls, it's because we feel comfortable enough with a guy that we might find some interest in. I do not intentionally flirt that often anyway, not if I'm not interested in a guy. If I don't find interest in a guy at all, if I think that he's boring, just no attraction, the word 'dork' probably wouldn't run accross my mind. It's just a term that girls use as 'innocent flirting'. It's our way of being silly and playful at times.

(She tried to flirt with you?!...Ewwey Yucky! )

Next time that happens, (if you're not too concerned about your grade in her class) maybe you can call her a 'Pedophile'. Be like, "Aaah Miss. So long as I'm the dork, then You're the pedophile, Right? Just Kidding!" LoL!

... In regards to the above posts, in my opinion a dork isn't a way of fliritng, its an insult. My definition of a dork is like a geek. But i supposse if it is said in a certain way it might be flirting in a teasing way...

lol mahlina nooo... She not tryin to flirt with me, well atleast I dont think so..

Well when she ask me where was my homework, I said "I had this weird dream, then suddenly when I woke up my homework was gone! Probably my little sister ate it, because she was kinda hungry last night.. uhh so yaa" and my teacher and I always joke around, she aint those serious type of teacher. And she like around 20ish, and hang around alot of teens. If its one of those old teachers that tell me I'm a dork, I would puke for sure. ~_~

i dont know why any gurl would call you a dork cuz i saw your pic and your cute. but mayb u r acting alittle immature. just try to act alittle more like an adult wen around us gurls

LOL! Thanks. Well I careless about my looks, Im more of an person that try to improve my personality more then looks. Little immature? Well Usually I love to joke around, tease girls, I'm not those type of guys that act uptight about things, take stuff too seriously, or act the same way as I would to my parents, teachers, grown ups, etc. Why would you want to act very mature? Where the fun in that? I'm not even in college. So you saying I should treat girls, the same way I treat elder people, in my mid 16 teen age? I dont think that would go anywhere, then put me in the category of stood up no fun.

Well I know at least one girl at my high school uses the word "dork". She never seems to use it in a mean way, but more playful.

Acting immature and maybe even her thinking the guy is cute seems to contribute to her calling someone a dork. They could do or say something stupid, and she would call them a dork. I recall her saying this to her boyfriend multiple times while he was hanging around our locker area and doing/saying something. I can also remember her saying that to this guy that is was just too obvious they liked each other, one of those "man, when is one going to ask the other already", even though when I joked to her online about it she told me she didn't really like him despite what everyone keeps saying.

But occasionaly she would say that to one of girl friends or even a guy friend. I know I got called a dork a couple of times, but I don't imagine it was becuase she liked me, nor that she hated me.

• 6 years later...

I call my guy friends dorks all of the time when we're goofing off. We don't do it to hurt the other person's feelings. We're literally just joking. People have thier own way of doing things. I'm sure if someone would want to insult someone they'd just insult and say. " You're so stupid." Being called a dork isn't a bad thing. Most of us girls we do it to joke around and tease. Not in a mean way but some people take words to a whole different level. So we have to watch what we say in general. But if it's one of your close friends calling you a "Dork, dorky,ect." then I'm pretty sure they're just messing around and it's a possibility that they're flirting as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived