How do I tell my ex that I'm getting married?

Hi -

I've just gotten engaged to my boyfriend, and I don't know how to break the news to my ex, with whom I'm still friends. I know my ex still has some feelings for me, though we're able to be friends without his feelings getting in the way of our friendship or causing pain to either one of us or to my fiance. I want to tell my ex in the best way possible, to cause him the least possible pain but I don't know how to approach it. Advice?

That's tricky. Do it in person, not over the phone. Make sure you set aside a large amount of time to tell him. He'll be in shock and you might want to console him a bit. Don't drop the bomb and then say 10 minutes later, 'well, I gotta go now!'. Reassure him.

Remember - if you avoid telling him, he'll find out sooner or later from friends, and think how terrible that will be. At least this way, you get in first and tell him how you want him to hear it.

I would look at this from a rationale point of view.. I would hope this EX of yours already knows your dating this guy. And being that you are good friends I am sure he knows that you and this new boyfriend have an excellent relationship. So I wouldn't think this should be all this hard of a shock to his system.

You didn't say who did the breaking up in you and your Ex's relationship but I am guessing because he still has feelings it was you, could you elaborate why you two broke up in the first place? Is your ex single or dating?