How to comfort a girl when she is sad/down ?

What are some technique/comforting do I have to say, In order to make a girl happy or better when she is sad/down ? thanks guys..

mainly being there when she needs someone. And not being there when she needs space.

Just ask her how things are, doing better, want to talk about it. Some girls feel better to talk about some problems.
    If not, try outdoing her sadness. Example: Her cat died. your cat choked and died on your fish thats now dead too. Put a twist of humor on it like I just did. If she doesn't laugh then she may just need someone to talk to or be alone. Can't really help you much tho

Hi,

you post this in attraction and flirting. If you want to make a girl feel better because you want to date her....bad idea. Friends should do their best to make a girl (or other friends in general) feel better, not the bf or gf. It is not your task to become her psychiater.

I'm sorry. But I once dated a depressed girl and believe me, she can suck all the joy out of your life. As a friend, things are different, as a boyfriend...just don't do it.
    Manadvice.com - my blog about dating and relating.

Definitely ask her if she wants to talk about it. Even if she says no, she probably actually does want to talk. I have several times with different girls asked them if they wanted to talk about what was troubling them, and they would first say no. Then after a while of just being there for them they would start talking about the problem, and talking about what troubles you to a friend is probably the best thing you can do for yourself.

How should i react when she says "NO, I dont want to talk about it"

Take her to watch a movie, something funny. Do things that are fun and light hearted so that she doesn't have to zone out on her depression. Then afterwards, she might feel comfortable enough to open up to you.

Or, go out for a nice long drive. Play some music. Then she might open up. It might feel like a therapy session, but at least it's quality time.

Just say that if she wants to talk you'll listen. Usually she will not say anything but within minutes start talking about her problems or why she is upset or depressed. Just sit next to her, hold her, don't say a word, just listen, and listen well, say aahhmm" like you understand her, are paying attention, and you are pondering what she is saying, pay attention to her, and if she cries let her cry.

Basically you are a support. Your very presence is what is needed and your time. Just be next to her and let her talk. Do not try to solve any problems that she might be having. Do not try to offer answers. Jsut say tha tyou love her and that you are there for her. Tell her you believe in her and that she can overcome anything.

When she has a problem she is giving you signs. You need to identify what the signs are and whether she has a problem with you or something else. If the problem is with you how far has it progressed? Is it repairable? if it is then take care of it. If she is just unhappy and hence depressed then you need t ofigure out where she is at, and what can be done. If you are not the problem then just listen to her, and be there for her. that is all that is needed.

She is going through something, and basically you need to identify what it is but not necessarily solve it. Make sure its not you. If it is then fix it. If its something else then just give her some room to take care of it, but don't try to take care of it for her.

Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...