What a real man is made of.....

Hero_99

All in all attitude is most important when it comes to dealing with females. Generally attractivity comes from a mix of traits, some of them more interchangable than others; I have known guys who were physically not attractive, and yet women found them intriguing from their rich strong personality and mix of abilities.Despite of this many young people,especially teenagers, lack the maturity that comes with life experiences to actually become a successful and reliable mate for a member of the opposite sex. Taking this fact avoid any advice offered by females at all cost; women honestly don't know what really attracts them. They consciously feel that men shoud be their equals, emotionally in touch, and a friend; basically that of another female. Quite contrary to what they say theirs actions differ; there probably isn't a single women alive that hasn't had some fantasy of making intercourse with a strong black man or jerkish equivalent.

Reputation has a strong effect upon a man's success with women, but it is really a mixture of circumstances, chance, and sometimes a bit of luck. Women respect men they have an attraction for because they have actually always respected them; in retrospect women can not respect men they have no attraction for because the man gives no reason for them to respect him. If a woman respects a man she finds no attraction for it is either because she is obligated or society demands that she respects him; there is no alternitive, either a girl respects you and is attracted to you or she disrespects, ignores, and/or uses you. It is also entirely possible for a girl who has a husband/boyfriend or doesn't want a relationship to be sexually attracted to a man, and not ever act upon her natural female inclinations; this is mostly a mental decision on her part as sexual attraction is not a choice for a woman inspite the societal demand that a woman should withold her sexual desires lest she face social upheaval against her primal actions.

Probably more complex is the engenderment of respect, however deep a subject this might become, what might seem like respect can not always be respect, and what may not seem like respect can thrive as respect. A man knows that everyone has the right to be respected whether one has earned the right or not and freely gives his respects even when it at times it seems unappropiate to give except in the event that it would be endangering or morally wrong to give that respect. Quit contrary to some insecure notions weakness is never found in showing respect, as a man who is self contained and has full control over his actions will not allow his strength to be used negitivelly against himself or others. A man who respects others never takes advantage of those weaker or less able than he, but rather uses his strength to build another up; he also realizes that many will fail to value him for who he is and that there are really few men equally like him in the world. Furthermore, he understands that many people who have been hurt and act badly really want good things to happen with their lives and are unsure how to receive them; in turn he gives them kindness, sympathy, and understanding.

Lastly, never fall for that "just be yourself " bullox that most people dish out when they have nothing better to say; however good that might sound that awnser in itself is not going to solve a persons problems with life. If I was to arrive at a better awnser I would say "Just be all you can become;" live up to your potential and someday someone you don't expect might just approave of you and your accomplishments.

This is very poor advise for ANYONE let alone unsuspecting young adults.

Your entire post is toting respect, respect... and the you say,

"avoid any advice offered by females at all cost; women honestly don't know what really attracts them" and

"there probably isn't a single women alive that hasn't had some fantasy of making intercourse with a strong black man or jerkish equivalent. "

yeah babe, you keep that respect up, that will get you far....

-A

You forgot to mention....

"They consciously feel that men shoud be their equals, emotionally in touch, and a friend; basically that of another female."

If a man acted like this towards a female he would surely never become anything more than a friend to her....

Also Athena, that was not ment to demean women by any means, and girls do give rather horrible advice to guys who inquire about what attracts them in all typicallity. No offense intended.....

On a further note this advice is given from the perspective of a guy, which females have a hard time understanding typically for the same reason that you don't understand why I wrote that girls give horrible advice when men inquire on what attracts them. Sorry if that seems complex, but I don't see any other way to explain it...

very good post man. made me think. Thanks for the knowledge. But you failed to note, that what attracts most people to people of the other sex is how one carries oneself. Men should have their heads up and shoulders back, which is a demand for respect and when someone you don't know demands respect then you give it to them. That is human reation to the inner need to be respected. When one respects someone that they do not know then they are asking for respect. Everybody has an inner need to be respected and sometimes that need manifests itself in respecting someone that has an aroura of damanding respect around them. This is why teens tend to rebel against society, because they feel that they should be respected because they breath. People lose this beleif once they realize that they can be respected by showing others respect.

Very good topic and should help the teens and even the older set,

Neallo

This is very poor advise for ANYONE let alone unsuspecting young adults.

Your entire post is toting respect, respect... and the you say,

"avoid any advice offered by females at all cost; women honestly don't know what really attracts them" and

"there probably isn't a single women alive that hasn't had some fantasy of making intercourse with a strong black man or jerkish equivalent. "

yeah babe, you keep that respect up, that will get you far....

-A

Hero_99, you are right on the money. Girls that have or have had attraction for you at one time or another have the higher potential to have respect for you. Thus, history with a girl can AlWAYS repeat itself. It is like one girl said to me, we like what is familiar to us. A friend of mine has always treated a couple of girls like dirt, but they both run back to him on a whim. Based on the circumstances surrounding everything, he can always have those two. And that goes for a lot of guys. The attraction thing is the difference in how an old flame always has that look in her eye, and the secret smile vs a girl who is your friend's who you never shared anything more than a couple of behind the back trash talking words of him! Girls say they won't do that. There is no chance, right. Well, humans aren't infallable. Guys can be indecisive, but girls usually upstage in that department. Actions always speak louder than words. Another thing, if girls actually had the untainted ability to respect, they wouldn't be so inclined to get into the game playing. And make guys have to follow The RULES in order to keep them interested. If you like a person, attracted to a person, care about a person, why should it matter if they were too easy to chase down or excitably fast in pursuit. Ultimately, that seems to be the factor in whether it is a fling or a long relatoinship.

P.S: I'm sorry if any ladies are offended by this post, but I was the sweet, sensitive, everything you say you want bf. Now, I'm alone. If I'd have been everything you say you don't want, I think I would still have the girl. And she wouldn' think it is okay to call me as a safety option whenever she is feeling lonely and there is no one else there for her. Rational thought is based on point of view. This should seem like clockwork to guys who read this. I'm sure any girl who reads this will be stewing over it, and laughing at how unbelievably vane and stupid I am. I once heard a girl say that she knows how moody, emotional, irrational girls can be. That is why she hardly befriends any. And by the way ladies, those guy friends you have, they are just guys who haven't gotten up to bat YET. Give them a chance and they will. That is why your boyfriend hates them.

We all have our own ideas of what is attractive...it's not a matter of "what women want" it's entirely on an individual basis - every woman is different, and every man is different. You can't just bunch them all together and say that they don't know what they want....bullshit....

I know what I want...

I want a man who is STRONG and sumwhat dominant (not in a controlling way, but in a protective, masculine way), but I also want someone who isn't afraid to be senimental and sweet when we are alone. He is a man who respects me and himself, is caring and gentle when he should be and strong and dominant when he should be. I do want someone I can share my intimate details with, and can hang out with like a friend. He is funny and kind, and masculine. Sincere and honest and comfortable. That's what I want...and I have him

As far as PLATONIC relationships....my 2 best friends in life are guys...and they aren't out to "step up to bat". It isn't like that at all...my boyfriend doesn't hate them. They are the most amazing people I've ever been friends with and I love them like brothers...and that's that. It's sad that you think that every guy/girl friendship is just a bang waiting to happen

We all have our own ideas of what is attractive...it's not a matter of "what women want" it's entirely on an individual basis - every woman is different, and every man is different. You can't just bunch them all together and say that they don't know what they want....bullshit....

I have heard this answer before, and while there is truth to this it's only one piece of the attraction spectrum. Many many other factors influence attraction and only a small percentage of the total of attraction is arrived from a conscious decision.

I know what I want...

I'm sure that you do at a conscious level....

I want a man who is STRONG and sumwhat dominant (not in a controlling way, but in a protective, masculine way), but I also want someone who isn't afraid to be senimental and sweet when we are alone. He is a man who respects me and himself, is caring and gentle when he should be and strong and dominant when he should be. I do want someone I can share my intimate details with, and can hang out with like a friend. He is funny and kind, and masculine. Sincere and honest and comfortable. That's what I want...and I have him

Thank you... you did nothing more than entirely prove my point....

You admitted that you want a strong man to reproduce with, and yet you apply feminine qualities to your relationship with him. Hence, you are looking for sameness or something that is absolute feminine.

As far as PLATONIC relationships....my 2 best friends in life are guys...and they aren't out to "step up to bat". It isn't like that at all...my boyfriend doesn't hate them. They are the most amazing people I've ever been friends with and I love them like brothers...and that's that.

I noticed that you used some words here when you referred to the other two guys namely "in life" and "friends"

You also said that these guys arn't out to "step up to bat."

I guess a simple formula would be....

"Not stepping up to bat" = "lifetime friend".....

or

"lifetime friend" = "men who don't step up to bat".....

What you are describing are men who do not stand up for their own masculinity or deny that they are men or are in relationships with another girl and are faithfully abiding themselves to the rules of society with a monogonous relationship or do not find you sexually attractive.

You call them "brothers" in order to blow them off as you feel you have found "the one" which society demands you can only be sexual with.

Since you can only have one you chose the one who you feel is "most dominant" and you lumped all the other guys who would like to have a shot with you as "brothers"

What you are subconsciously saying when you refer to these guys as "brothers" is that you feel that they are genetically inferior to the man you chosen and that they should be sexless "eunichs" or in some cases "bacp up" guys for when your own "alpha male" is away doing his "alpha male" stuff.

On a wider note your "MAN" does not hate them because he does not feel them to be a threat to him somehow or he is underestimating their abilities as men.

Maybe both you and him are just solely underestimating their abilities as men. I think that is more the case more than not...

It's sad that you think that every guy/girl friendship is just a bang waiting to happen

As far as a man and womans needs goes we all need to have our needs fulfilled wether a person is in a state of denial about their sexual state or not.

Alright, I have to throw in my two cents' here. Hero, you're PARTIALLY right in what you've said, but not completely. First of all, you laid out a lot of blanket statements that cover, in your opinion, ALL women, and that's simply not true. You could no more know what all women look for or what all women think than you could know what color the President's underwear is today! Think about it. If I, as a woman, made some of the statements you made, generalizations to cover ALL men, I'd be criticized by a lot of men for doing so. You simply can't know what all women are thinking/feeling/how they'll act towards a man in any given situation.

I'll only speak for myself on this one, since I can't very well criticize you for your "all men" or "all women" thing and then do it msyelf! In regards to respect: I respect people from the time I meet them until they give me a reason not to do so. A person's standing in the community, what they wear, their financial success, has nothing to do with how much respect they garner. If they're kind, if they're polite, if they treat ME with respect when they meet me, they get it back. End of story. Respect isn't a power play, it's simply a polite gesture and a consideration for the person you're dealing with that you'd like shown to you. In that regard, everyone is going to be treated by me the way I want to be treated, until they fail to do so.

Never ask a woman her advice on what she wants? That is SO wrong, and insulting as well. Women can and do give wonderful advice. Granted, some women DON'T know what they want in a man until they've dated several different types, but I think that simply stems from lack of experience. I could very simply tell you what I want, because it's the same thing I've always looked for in a man: that previously mentioned respect, humor, compassion, intelligence, self-confidence (but not TOO much, which turns into ego), and the ability to compromise and reason. Not very difficult to figure out. I think it's the same traits any mature woman will look for in a man. I don't care about community status (granted, I'm not going to go after a homeless person, you know what I mean) or financial wealth, or power......all of that seems to have more of a negative impact on a man than a positive one, at least in the wealthy, influential men I've met. Because "humble" doesn't enter their vocabulary, while "braggadocio/ego" does. Very unattractive. I'd rather have someone who was middle-class and ordinary than someone "high-class" with visions of power, what have you.

"Just be yourself." What's wrong with that?? Would you prefer to GUESS as to who you're actually with? "Is this persona the REAL" so-and-so?" I certainly don't. I want to know that the person I'm with is their true self, not someone made up in order to impress me, because eventually their true nature will come out, and I may dislike that one! Why would you possibly put on a "game face" for someone you're attracted to? Maybe being yourself doesn't work for YOU, but again: any sane man or woman wants to know that the person they're attracted to is being themselves, and not some made-up character brought out to impress.

Male/female friendships: entirely possible. My two closest, oldest friends, themselves brothers, are men, and there was never an issue of masculinity or fighting the urge to hop in the sack with them! That's ridiculous. We simply clicked because each of us gave a different perspective, i.e. male to female and vice versa, which worked well for all of us and does to this day. None of us is unattractive; we simply relish the relationship for what we all got out of it and didn't want to lose any aspect of that by throwing sex in the mix. So yes, men and women can very easily be friends without all those complications you seem to think would ensue, or hidden desires, what have you. Not sure why that'd be such an issue.....

And lastly-if you're going to post something like you just did, you cannot ARGUE with someone or demean their answer to your post. An example:

I know what I want...

It makes it sound as though you cast doubt on her ability to think for herself, or that she DOESN'T know what she wants at a SUBconscious level. Please refrain from making such statements. You're allowed to post your opinions, however much people might disagree with them. Let them do the same, please!

"Alright, I have to throw in my two cents' here. Hero, you're PARTIALLY right in what you've said, but not completely. First of all, you laid out a lot of blanket statements that cover, in your opinion, ALL women, and that's simply not true. You could no more know what all women look for or what all women think than you could know what color the President's underwear is today! Think about it. If I, as a woman, made some of the statements you made, generalizations to cover ALL men, I'd be criticized by a lot of men for doing so. You simply can't know what all women are thinking/feeling/how they'll act towards a man in any given situation."

I agree with you with the statement above on a conscious level, but I think there is a deeper subconscious level that actually prompts men and women to say certain things at certain times to demonstrate how they really feel in a sexual emotional sense.

Men and women typically want the same things in life, and most of the thought pattern and thinking between the two is entirely the same except they have flip flopped ways of handling the same situations. Also, the thought patterns among people of the same sex tend to be around the same lines and most of the word patterns you will hear, like a girl referring to her boyfriend as her "MAN" and all the other guys that want a chance with her as "BROTHERS" has deeper psychological meaning than a seemingly inexperienced man has abitlity to comprehend until he realizes that he himself is actually being cheated out own having his own needs fulfilled by allowing a girl to categorize him as "BROTHER."

I'll only speak for myself on this one, since I can't very well criticize you for your "all men" or "all women" thing and then do it msyelf! In regards to respect: I respect people from the time I meet them until they give me a reason not to do so. A person's standing in the community, what they wear, their financial success, has nothing to do with how much respect they garner. If they're kind, if they're polite, if they treat ME with respect when they meet me, they get it back. End of story. Respect isn't a power play, it's simply a polite gesture and a consideration for the person you're dealing with that you'd like shown to you. In that regard, everyone is going to be treated by me the way I want to be treated, until they fail to do so.

Well said.....

Never ask a woman her advice on what she wants? That is SO wrong, and insulting as well. Women can and do give wonderful advice.Granted, some women DON'T know what they want in a man until they've dated several different types, but I think that simply stems from lack of experience. I could very simply tell you what I want, because it's the same thing I've always looked for in a man: that previously mentioned respect, humor, compassion, intelligence, self-confidence (but not TOO much, which turns into ego), and the ability to compromise and reason. Not very difficult to figure out. I think it's the same traits any mature woman will look for in a man. I don't care about community status (granted, I'm not going to go after a homeless person, you know what I mean) or financial wealth, or power......all of that seems to have more of a negative impact on a man than a positive one, at least in the wealthy, influential men I've met. Because "humble" doesn't enter their vocabulary, while "braggadocio/ego" does. Very unattractive. I'd rather have someone who was middle-class and ordinary than someone "high-class" with visions of power, what have you

Again, you completely missed my point. Women don't know what attracts them and if you were to ask a woman what she finds attractive she will almost 100% of the time apply a bunch of feminine qualities to her explanation of the perfect man. The problem is that if a man were to really act they way they say attracts them they would not find him all that attractive because he will come off as entirely effeminate.

"Just be yourself." What's wrong with that?? Would you prefer to GUESS as to who you're actually with? "Is this persona the REAL" so-and-so?" I certainly don't. I want to know that the person I'm with is their true self, not someone made up in order to impress me, because eventually their true nature will come out, and I may dislike that one! Why would you possibly put on a "game face" for someone you're attracted to? Maybe being yourself doesn't work for YOU, but again: any sane man or woman wants to know that the person they're attracted to is being themselves, and not some made-up character brought out to impress.

People who give the "Just be yourself" awnser to a persons problems are not doing him or her a favor at all. The awnser does not give him or her any insight on any flaws they need to minimize or any insight on how to improve themselves as they are as a human being. It promotes laziness and does not prompt people to live up to their potential as a human being. In response to to the fact that this phrase in iteself causes more harm than good I gave a better more postive substitute for this phrase namely "Just be all you can become."

Male/female friendships: entirely possible. My two closest, oldest friends, themselves brothers, are men, and there was never an issue of masculinity or fighting the urge to hop in the sack with them! That's ridiculous. We simply clicked because each of us gave a different perspective, i.e. male to female and vice versa, which worked well for all of us and does to this day. None of us is unattractive; we simply relish the relationship for what we all got out of it and didn't want to lose any aspect of that by throwing sex in the mix. So yes, men and women can very easily be friends without all those complications you seem to think would ensue, or hidden desires, what have you. Not sure why that'd be such an issue.....

It's not, as long as all parties are having their needs met properly then there isn't any reason to make it an issue.

And lastly-if you're going to post something like you just did, you cannot ARGUE with someone or demean their answer to your post. An example:

I know what I want...

It makes it sound as though you cast doubt on her ability to think for herself, or that she DOESN'T know what she wants at a SUBconscious level. Please refrain from making such statements. You're allowed to post your opinions, however much people might disagree with them. Let them do the same, please!

We all have our own ideas of what is attractive...it's not a matter of "what women want" it's entirely on an individual basis - every woman is different, and every man is different. You can't just bunch them all together and say that they don't know what they want....*beep*....

I have heard this answer before, and while there is truth to this it's only one piece of the attraction spectrum. Many many other factors influence attraction and only a small percentage of the total of attraction is arrived from a conscious decision.

I know what I want...

It's amazing how people suddenly take things personal without reading the entire context of what I wrote. This is what is called "eisegesis" comes from two greek works whick combine to mean "reading into" or written otherwise "taken out of context"

What I am saying is that many levels and reasons for attraction between men and women are solely misunderstood, and only a small percentage of the actual "cognitive" ability to consider a mate is used in the decision making process. Things like heritage, genetics, and many other childhood factors influence a person to "cognitively" chose a perticular mate, so in effect lifetime experiences have a hugh hold over who a person choses.

Then there are others like you mentioned such as the homeless guy. How is a homeless guy suppose to establish some sort of dominance and raise a family? Well, chances are slim of course so he is "cognitevely" eliminated from all possible canidates as an appropiate mate as the woman has reached that understanding.

A persons mind is meerly a slave to genetics and experience; freedom of mindset is an illusion and often open to societal programming for example

"laws","rules","ethics","culture","morals", etc....

So basically, it is the way a man or woman has been shaped by society in both a higher or lower level that influences how a person interacts with society, this includes interactions with the opposite sex.

What I read about the original post is that Hero was trying to get the younger set to show if not have more confidence. By demanding more respect on appearance. Most girls, not all but most, have their heads turned by sheer confidence. That is, who gets more attention a guy who dresses as a bum and hangs his head down and looks pathetic or the one that holds his head up high and dresses appropriately. You see that he was not trying to say that women are sheep and a good shepard could lead them all to the slaughter. All he was saying is that heads are turned more easily by damanding respect in ones appearance. Yes, most people give their respect freely until they lose respect for someone. but at the same time you turn around and tell someone that they must show confidence. Isn't showing confidence nothing more than demanding respect. Women, in general, tend to be attracted to the more confident males. Yes, nice guys and jerks all tend to be confident. But heads are turned by appearance and by appearance, I mean, head help high and shoulders back. And finally, yes not all women are tuned into the more confidence thing, but they still turn their heads when a guy knows who he is and is sure about himself. People, both men and women, pay particular attention to confidence and confidence is nothing more then showing that one demand resapect for who they are and what they offer their potential mate.

Neallo

Another thing, if girls actually had the untainted ability to respect, they wouldn't be so inclined to get into the game playing. And make guys have to follow The RULES in order to keep them interested. If you like a person, attracted to a person, care about a person, why should it matter if they were too easy to chase down or excitably fast in pursuit. Ultimately, that seems to be the factor in whether it is a fling or a long relatoinship.

Those rules, as you call them, are rigid feminine devices to control, manipulate, and out and out avoid hurt to themselves and any sort of responsibility on their part if in fact the relationship does not work out as expected. I tend to to not bother chasing those type of girls....

Well, I'd also like to point out there's a HUGE gap between "attraction" and "relationship."

You can be initially attracted - and that gets killed almost immediately when the other person's personality is just NOT what you find interesting. Nothing dampens the initial spark of attraction like finding out the person under the skin is personally boring, or repellent, in some way.

Conversely, someone you initially overlook can end up being VERY attractive on further acquaintance, even though you initially never looked at them twice. Something that wasn't apparent on initial meeting shows, and the whole picture changes.

Personally, I think there's too many factors at work to really define what makes one person attracted in more than a brief way to someone else. The development from "attraction" to "interest" is really the toughie. The things you think you're looking for can become pretty flexible when someone comes along who manages to engage real interest - even if it's at odds with anything you've previously found attractive. And some of that has to come from experience. Since we are all constantly gaining experience -we're more flexible than we think we are most of the time.

What I read about the original post is that Hero was trying to get the younger set to show if not have more confidence. By demanding more respect on appearance. Neallo

Yes, neallo was correct in my initial reasoning to make this post; however, I think the part about saying that "women do not know what truly attracts them" got some girls on the defensive, and prompted them to try to convince me otherwise.

100% of the time when a woman is asked what attracts her to a man she will always apply feminine traits to the man in whom she says she will be attracted. If a man was to truly follow what a woman says she is attracted to then she will in effect lose attraction to him since he is displaying traits that are basically feminine.

Another things that women do not account for is that men who are highly confident tend to step on other peoples toes. Who might sppear to be a jerk to a man might not appear to be a jerk to a woman and sometimes vice versa. The generalization has been made by this that all women are attracted to jerks, which may or may not be true as it all depends on the life experiences of a woman, but at first sight a woman would find a jerk very attractive.

Hero's points should not be taken as a bunch of techniques, but more a 'state of mind'. Be confident in yourself, demand respect and you should attract girls and guys ( ). What i have learned on this site has really helped my understanding.

Girls do like strong men, and this means that women do not accept worship and desperation in a man. Insecurity is a BIG turn off. So where does that lead you in your quest to win a women? Security. Its the principle of sequencing: Private Victory precedes Public Victory. Whats common themes of security? Exactly what Hero was pointing out- Respect, Confidence, Self love. In my opinion it is the basics of what a guy needs to keep a relationship going, let alone atrracting a women. However-

there's a HUGE gap between "attraction" and "relationship."

Agreed. Anything else besides the basic attractions mentioned above are based on society and what it finds acceptable and sexy. This may include the choice between an emotional man, or a powerful man when a women comes to choose, or the 'waif' look or 'curvy' look for women in terms of what attracts a man.

Our primitive urges are- a man's purpose was to spread his seed and a woman's purpose was to find a man to impregnate her and take care of business while she nurtures the child. These are our primary drivers, because despite the passing of time, our bodies, reproductive and survival mechanisms are still organized in this way. Since walking around like cave men. That's why men do sometimes yearn to stray and women feel their biological clocks ticking.

But of course we are not our primitive ancestors; we have evolved with many more layers of sophistication cloaking our primitive sexuality. That does not mean that the basics are still there however.

Men that are instantly sexually attractive to women are generally giving out some very masculine vibes. This doesn't mean that they are all 6ft muscle-bound machines. What they are giving out is confidence, and women find this sexy. When a man is confident and self assured, it means that he is OK with who he is. And in turn this commands self-respect, which is what Hero is trying to say we men require (i hope).

We are all sexual beings, and we usually get attracted to someone based on how we think he will be in bed. If a guy is going to be shy, disrespectful to himself and what he is by being un-commanding, i don't think a woman is going to find him attractive for obvious reasons, as well as not so obvious. Guys attraction to women is even more obvious and well known- something visual and enjoyable .

Hero_99 is right in his main points. Well said

Hero_99,

It seems like you have some issues with the strong black man ...LOL. 0X Have you ever thought about the fact a black man could be as suitable as a non-black man.

Black men are built diffrently than other types of men and appear to be more dominant looking to a woman, which is why you would sometimes see some obvious and marked attraction from other girls who arn't black.

You still are missing my point. Maybe in texas things are quite different but there are places in the world where a girl(no matter what race) might be genuinely attracted to a good black man. And a strong black man is in no way inferior to other races as you seem to infer by referring to a black man and jerk in the same line.

LMAO.....now where did you get THIS particular idea? Black men are built out of the same tissue, muscle and bone as Latinos, whites, Brazilians, New Zealanders, you name it......thereforeeee, they don't "appear more dominating to women"! I've never once looked at a black man and said, "Wow, he looks dominating, I WANT him!" Maybe you mean that, by their skin tone they look more dominating? Certain facial features?

I'm sure I'm driving you up the wall by disagreeing with you so frequently, but I'm honestly trying to figure out where you get these ideas. Is it from what females have told you, or just what you think? Because I have to tell you, again, you're off the mark. My best friend, white, is married to a black man. You know why she married him? Because of his intelligence, his sense of humor, his kindness. Not because she had some idea of his looks appearing dominating!

I'm not sure why domination keeps cropping up for you, but you've mentioned it frequently, either directly or indirectly. Quite a few women find that dominating veneer a turn-off. Yes, they want someone CONFIDENT, which is different from being dominating. Women appreciate a man who will stick up for them and protect them to a degree, but most women have NO desire to be dominated in any form, by any man, in any color. Then that lack of self-respect comes into play, as though one can't think for oneself and needs someone with a dominating nature to think for them!

I truly am curious as to where this whole post started-are these your observations or ones you've gleaned elsewhere?

Mar,

Thats what i've been trying to explain to Hero_99. I am not black but i can tell you that they are no different to any other race i've come accross in my life. Any person who has been close to a black man would agree with me. They are human beings just like you and me. I personally think such misconceived notions leads to hate crimes and other similar evils.

Peace Out !

Mar,

Thats what i've been trying to explain to Hero_99. I am not black but i can tell you that they are no different to any other race i've come accross in my life. Any person who has been close to a black man would agree with me. They are human beings just like you and me. I personally think such misconceived notions leads to hate crimes and other similar evils.

Peace Out !

While I can't say that I entirely disagree with what I previously wrote; I actually got the "black man" concept from a psychological paper written in german. I'm not debating ths issue further than appropiate.

You still are missing my point. Maybe in texas things are quite different but there are places in the world where a girl(no matter what race) might be genuinely attracted to a good black man. And a strong black man is in no way inferior to other races as you seem to infer by referring to a black man and jerk in the same line.

I did not mean to infer that other races were inferior to a black man, but in all black men tend to have physical qualities (natural body structure) that are more pronounced than other men.

No, I am not racist. I believe in telling the truth no matter what consequences or misunderstandings might arise unless I find it unappropiate to do so.

One thing worries me though. There are like a whole bunch of people who agree with hero_99 completely. I think one guy even wants to frame his comments. Is there why some people think different from me ? I would love to hear the other side.

There are already two sides to the issue. A masculine side and a feminine side. Naturally men would agree with what was written, but a woman, no..

I know that there will be some girl that will get offended by men saying this and will try to prove me otherwise, and by all means be my guest.

Women really do have have sex drives, and they can get just as arroused and sometimes more so than men. Women are taught by society that it is improper for them to express their sex drive and at times a woman will even go as far as denying that she has a sex drive at all.

Women tend to pass what I have written off as meerly speculative, rigid logic, that has no more basis in fact than what can be readily observed.

They scoff at the issue and wonder "why can't this guy understand that woman arn't rigged for sex like men?" Then, they expect to make an argument out of "how they feel" which in turn only succeeds in proving the points which I origionally laid out.

The honest truth is that only a man can understand a man's struggles and only a woman can understand a woman's struggles. Neither one of the two truly understand what the other sex feels or thinks, and this in itself leads to much misunderstanding among the two, which is entirely evident throughout this post if you would go back to the origional post and read up until now.

• 2 months later...