Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thumbs up Weightloss Challenge 2010!!

Okay folks! I am creating this thread to help motivate me to lose this weight once and for all!! I also created it for anyone else who may be trying to lose weight. Whether it's only 10 pounds or more than 50, any and all are welcome to join.

I will officially begin this journey Monday, January 4th, 2010 with my first weigh-in and will weigh-in every Monday thereafter and post my results.

Losing weight can be such a challenge and it's so easy to fall off the wagon which is why I figured if I had some type of accountability, then maybe I will have more success.

I encourage others to join me in this weightloss journey and hopefully we can motivate each other to get in shape! Let's share ideas, recipes, accomplishments, and most importantly support each other!

So, if you're ready for the challenge join in! I want to try to lose around 50 pounds, so I'll be here for awhile even if I have to do it alone!

I'm ready to start the year off right!!
    "No Day, But Today!" - RENT

"Good Things Never Come to Those Who Wait too Long" - Matt Caplan

*Yah* count me in! I just want to lose about 8 lbs, but I'm definitely going to catch up on this thread.

Good luck!!!!

Cool I'm in. What do we do? More than anything I need to start working out again (broken foot makes that very difficult so I am thinking weights). I may be off my foot for quite sometime if I get foot surgery so I have to figure this one out.

I'm thinking I would like to lose about 15 lbs by summer. Put on a little over Xmas haha. Still got it though.

Count me in! I didn't want to wait until Jan 1 to start, so I started two weeks ago. I have already lost 1.5kg. My goal is 20kg in total - no specified time line.
    The opposite of war isn't peace, it's CREATION - La Vie Boheme

Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ2513 View Post
    Cool I'm in. What do we do? More than anything I need to start working out again (broken foot makes that very difficult so I am thinking weights). I may be off my foot for quite sometime if I get foot surgery so I have to figure this one out.

I'm thinking I would like to lose about 15 lbs by summer. Put on a little over Xmas haha. Still got it though.

Great you guys!

Well, what I'm planning on doing is watching my caloric intake while incorporating some exercise.

I used this site before to help determine how many calories I should be eating to be able to lose weight at a steady pace.

http://caloriecount.about.com/

I have my Walk Away the Pounds DVD and my exercise bike ready to go since it's really cold outside right now and I don't want to get a gym membership.

I was thinking that once a week we should log in our progress.

I picked Monday since it's the start of the week. On Monday I will post my starting weight and measurements and then post my weight and measurements every Monday thereafter. I think it would be great motivation if we all post our progress!

That's great rikka with your weight loss thus far! Hopefully you can keep punching forward!
    "No Day, But Today!" - RENT

"Good Things Never Come to Those Who Wait too Long" - Matt Caplan

Well I do not like to weigh myself (too much anxiety) so I just say my progress in my habits. Eating healthy and regularly, working out and how much, and any changes I notice

My approach is to up my activity. I have a decently balanced diet and I tend to not over indulge. I have "dieted" before and it never ends up with long term results. I love food WAY too much. But through a combination of healthier eating habits and increased physical activity I think I can do it.

I am cool with a weekly/bi-weekly weigh in/measurement. I know that weight is just a number and it is more about how I feel - but I too get some anxiety over the numbers. I have a bridesmaid dress I am getting fitted in April - I want to have lost inches by then!!!

It is exciting to have a team to do this with. Good luck guys.
    The opposite of war isn't peace, it's CREATION - La Vie Boheme

Platinum Member
    Okay, I'm on! I need to lose at least 30 lbs...

Well I guess I had better get off this computer and go work out...

btw ladies I had breast cancer last spring and now I know it is imperative for me to get my weight down so I do not get it on the other side or have a recurrence...

Hey gals (and any guys later joining)

I'll be keeping a food log for one week to keep me on track with some recipes when I make them:

http://www.enotalone.com/forum/showt...=283401&page=3

For anybody interested.

Good for you!! Keep us updated for sure

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
According to the findings of a recent study, married women may find themselves drinking a lot more alcohol than single or divorced women, while ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that, when under stress, men tend to be attracted to women with a more curvaceous body type, found a new research, according to which ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Marriage and divorce are linked to weight gain among both women and men, and especially those who are over age 30, found U.S. sociologists. However, ...