Do they really exist?

Hero_99

Hero,

They do. I am one and I have many girlfriends who also are not. But I know the ones you mean.

I never could understand why some women feel that they have to act the way they do. Manipulating people is not a nice thing to do. My husband and I have a great relationship in that I WANT to do things for him and he WANTS to do things for me. We haven't had an argument in the whole of our relationship. Life is too short for such petty things.

Anyway, keep looking... we're out there. Don't give up, you deserve the best.

Cheers.

They seem rare, but yeah, they're out there. I'm not one, Design's not one, there are several on this board that aren't. But real life? It seems to be the rule rather than the exception, which is a shame, and there's no telling what a woman's true colors are until put to the test. Will she take a difficult situation gracefully and try to work through it with common sense and compromise, or will she demand things her way or not at all? I've met way too many women like this, and decided long ago that I prefer the company of men to women, which explains why, on average, I have about 2 girlfriends and a ton of guy friends.....lol

Believe me, the non-catty women can't stand the catty ones any more than you guys can! Hang in there, though. There are definitely some great women out there. They might not be gorgeous, they might not wear designer clothing or have a lot of money, but those are the best ones, because they don't have money or any particular status to hide their awful behavior behind. They're REAL, no hidden agendas, no interest in power plays, none of that immaturity. They're out there!

Mar

kel makes a good point

A lot of women (and men) who end up being the ones making the bad rep for the rest of us had their attitudes come from bad experiences with someone else. So we get to reap the benefits of both what someone else has sowed from our own sex as far as making the rep, and from the other sex, as to how that's changed many people's outlook.

But yes, there are still some of us out there who'd rather take the chance and be genuine, though speaking for myself, I know I'm a lot more cautious than I once was. Unfortunately, sometimes it takes sorting through a lot of trash to find treasure.

It's getting to where I don't care anymore about the looks of a woman, but more about her behaviour. I've met far far to many girls that do nothing but play games of control and manipulation and it's becoming rediculous.

I guess I have either two choices, I can't always tell the diffrence between the users and the truly good hearted ones at first sight, so I guess I could just not look for anyone at all.

The second one is to take a hugh risk and hope that I have chosen someone that will stay true to me.

Somehow I highly doubt option number two, as that I know for a fact that any woman short of a man's mother will not love a man 100%.

One thing I know for sure is that this last century really screwed up the feminine role of american women, so I am definatelly atleast cutting them off of my list of choices. I'm actually debating moving to another foreign country assuming I could find one with a cultural balance I can handle in other ways.

gosh, that sounds a little extreme Hero! perhaps there is something about these women's personalities that is attracting you to them, because I know plenty of women (myself included) who are not how you describe, and if we are, it is not intentional, it is a result of fear of being hurt again. Looks should never be the sole basis you judge someone on, some of us honest, sincere, non-game playing women actually like wearing trendy clothes. perhaps you are simply looking in the wrong places for the type of woman you seek. Where do you meet these women? Have you tried frequenting your local bookstore? I wouldn't give up just yet, there are plenty of women here in the US who will treat you right if you treat us right.

Gosh, that sounds a little extreme Hero! perhaps there is something about these women's personalities that is attracting you to them.

I don't want them around me at all.....

I know plenty of women (myself included) who are not how you describe, and if we are, it is not intentional, it is a result of fear of being hurt again.

I think you are right; most have good hearts, just screwed up motives.

Looks should never be the sole basis you judge someone on, some of us honest, sincere, non-game playing women actually like wearing trendy clothes.

I don't look for looks necessarily; it's just that my standards are lowering as far as looks go to increase my pool of potentials.

perhaps you are simply looking in the wrong places for the type of woman you seek. Where do you meet these women? Have you tried frequenting your local bookstore?

I find all of them at church and school. I am a student at a religious university and all of them are members of my denomination.

I wouldn't give up just yet, there are plenty of women here in the US who will treat you right if you treat us right.

Atleast this last statement isn't peppered with promises that can't be fulfilled, I can respect that.....