Can you get herpes even if hes not broke out??

i have been having sex with this guys for about 2 weeks. He told me that he has herpes but it can only be spread if hes broke out. Is this true????? He doesnt act like its a big deal but to be honest im a little worried. What are signs that i might hve contracted it???? Please give advise Thank you
    Your life if Gods gift to you, what you make of your life if your gift to God!!

Tammy M. Perry

stop

Thank goodness you posted!!!!

I quote from webmd.com

"Herpes is most often spread from active sores. But you don't have to have a sore to give the virus to another person."

You need to go get tested now.

"While genital herpes is bothersome and may cause emotional distress, it usually does not cause serious health problems in healthy adults."

Regardless, it causes sores during initial outbreak and cause a lifetime of outbreaks depending on the strain of virus.

These angry remarks are based upon the fact that your boyfriend is being quite selfish. There is nothing wrong with catching herpes by mistake, but HE KNOWS HE HAS THEM, he should NOT be having casual sex.

It's true it's easier to catch when it's not dormant, but sometimes people can be wrong about this. I can't believe this guy!!

For more info go to webmd.com

Unless you plan to marry him, do NOT have sex with him.

Imagine having herpes yourself if you catch it. How would it feel to then have to explain to future boyfriends that you have herpes ESPECIALLY when you could have avoided it.

It's a much bigger risk for women as well, since it often necessitates a c-section for childbirth to avoid infection of the baby during delivery. Just because he has no VISIBLE outbreak doesn't mean the virus isn't active, it's a much lower risk, but any appreciable risk is too much. I don't know if he has a false sense of security from being misinformed or being on medication from it - but he needs to really understand the facts if he doesn't, and so do you. It requires extra care on both your parts, so get as much information as you can.
    "A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water."
    ~Eleanor Roosevelt~

At least he told you that he had herpes. That's a lot to ask of a horny guy. He was trying to sell you a little bit, and maybe too much; I don't know. But he was honest. I dated someone who had herpes. I was a little nervous about it. But people are more important than herpes; so if he's cool, don't give him grief. I believe there are medications now that can lower the risk of transmission. Look into that and practice safe sex, in all measures.

We all get a little dirty in life; it adds character.

YES and its something you don't want I read alot
    I find myself thinking why am I this way...., and I find no answer.
    De Profundus Clamo Adite Domine

Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
According to the findings of a recent study, married women may find themselves drinking a lot more alcohol than single or divorced women, while ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that, when under stress, men tend to be attracted to women with a more curvaceous body type, found a new research, according to which ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Marriage and divorce are linked to weight gain among both women and men, and especially those who are over age 30, found U.S. sociologists. However, ...