Fart Problem

I am 26/M and passing through a problem. I suffer from flatulence and have to fart frequently. I hve to fart 50-60 times daily and that is quite loud but rarely stinky. Its very embarrassing but I cannot help it. Strict dieting and excercise didn't help nor the medicines. Medicines cause side effects. So what should I do get rid of this problem??

Nemo

Hi Nemo,

Well i have to say this is rather an unusual sort of problem, have you considered seeing your doctor about the problem. Maybe there's a reason to your problem such as a bowel disorder or maybe your stomach is not digesting your food properly which you should see the doctor.

Have you thought about researching into this or similar problems at all either online or at your local library.

That's all i can suggest really, hope it was of some help.

- whitefang

I agree with Whitefang the problem is digestion.

I know it sounds gross but sometimes the problem is your intestinal walls are gummed up with old food. I suggest getting an enema. That'll pump all the gunk right out and it's not a very expensive procedure. Go to a doctor and get a referral. It may be invasive but it's worth it in the end.

I hope this helps.

Is this a recent thing? Or long term. You start out by saying you're passing through a difficult time with it as it it's just started lately.

I find that consuming caffeine can sometimes have a mild effect like that on me. Look at not only the foods you eat, but what you drink as well. Have you moved, or otherwise are using water from a different supply?

If there's any pain, or other problems, see your doctor right away. If not, you may want to see him anyway.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the causes of flatulence:

Some people cut the cheese more than others. Grandpa's finger is not special; his condition could be a result of a few factors. Here is a small list of different causes of flatulence:

1. Consuming too many carbs

Of the three main nutrients, carbohydrates produce the most gas because sugar and starch easily ferment. Half of us are endowed with bacteria that particularly prefer munching on unprocessed carbs -- unless you are like me, in which case tuna does the trick. As you might have guessed, beans contain more indigestible carbohydrates than most foods.

2. Consuming indigestible foods

Many daily foods are considered "indigestible" -- milk being one of them. Cow milk is unnatural to the human body, which is why a lot of people are lactose intolerant. Lactose intolerance means the body does not know how to digest milk, so it sets it aside as waste. If you happen to have a lot of "gas enzymes" in your system and you are lactose intolerant, even milk can make you fart.

3. Excessive enzymes

Each person's intestinal fauna is composed differently so people do not react similarly to the same foods. Two individuals can eat a meal rich in indigestible carbs and only one of them can develop gas, simply because his intestinal tract contains more enzymes. You might have heard people say that onions or apples give them gas, while others claim not to be affected. It all depends on the amount and type of bacteria in the large intestine.

4. Chewing and swallowing air

Chewing your food properly helps prevent gas because you alleviate your tract's workload, while chewing gum gives people flatulence because it makes them swallow more air than usual and because it animates the digestive system. Sometimes you burp, but other times air goes too deep into the digestive tract, leaving only one alternative: farting.

5. Intestinal infections

Finally, certain forms of intestinal infections cause flatulence. Eating contaminated food or drinking contaminated water will cause loose stools, bloating, cramps, and gas. When a person has an intestinal infection, the lining of the intestinal track thins and nutrients, again, get sent to the large intestine without being absorbed.

treatments:

Over-the-counter Bean-O and other pills on the market are very effective. Good dieting, not chewing gum and noticing what affects your system are all nice steps at beating the problem, but if you are a compulsive "farter," there are alternative means of dealing with the problem. Chamomile, peppermint, balm, sage, marjoram, and other herbs can alleviate flatulence.

So fear not, my smelly friends, there is life after the gas chamber! Cutting carbohydrates from your diet and avoiding foods you know are heavy on your system are just about all a person needs to do to reduce flatulence. Also, remember to munch on your food properly and chew less gum. If you are one of the unlucky ones endowed with more enzymes in your system, there are pills and herbs on the market that can regulate your problem.

Here is a list of known foods that cause flatulence. Note: these foods might not apply to everybody.

Flatulent Foods

Apples Apricots Beans Bran Broccoli

Brussels sprouts Cabbage Carrots Cauliflower Dairy products

Eggplant Nuts Onions Peaches Pears

Popcorn Prunes Raisins Soybean Tuna

sites to check out

Here are some sites that you may find interesting. Check them out and enjoy yourself.

link removed

link removed

link removed

check out link removed

(it's where I got all the above information from)

• Like 1
  • 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Try not farting loudly, its straining and i have been told since I started farting for fun that it causes more of the same problems. Try to find a sit-up style exercise to help, it only need to be light duty, and dont push 'poos' out, let the internal muscles do the work and answer the call of nature as soon as you can.

Eat things as close to natural as possible, dont eat things like pies cakes etc, instead eat meat veges fruit etc that cant be recognised for what is in them.

Eat meat alone, just a piece of steak or chicken/fish, not sausages, pies etc with nothing else at that meal.

Next meal just veges, maybe a shake of 'spew' cheese (Parmesan)

Dont push 'poos' out, (there, I said it!) this causes damage to the normal muscles in there. This iss the same a women pushing during child birth, sort of.

Little coffee/tea for a while, try 'cuposoups' for a while instead of the extra coffees. Wait quietly after meal to go to the loo, and practice not pushing there.

While I don't necessarily think you guys are giving bad advice, perhaps the thought should be entertained that Captain Nemo (aka, our OP), having posted six years ago, is now back on the high seas fighting the good fight in his maritime pursuits, and that his problem with excess flatulence has resolved.

Just a thought.

Carry on.