Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fart Problem

Fart Problem

I am 26/M and passing through a problem. I suffer from flatulence and have to fart frequently. I hve to fart 50-60 times daily and that is quite loud but rarely stinky. Its very embarrassing but I cannot help it. Strict dieting and excercise didn't help nor the medicines. Medicines cause side effects. So what should I do get rid of this problem??

Nemo
    NEMO

Hi Nemo,

Well i have to say this is rather an unusual sort of problem, have you considered seeing your doctor about the problem. Maybe there's a reason to your problem such as a bowel disorder or maybe your stomach is not digesting your food properly which you should see the doctor.

Have you thought about researching into this or similar problems at all either online or at your local library.

That's all i can suggest really, hope it was of some help.

- whitefang

I agree with Whitefang the problem is digestion.

I know it sounds gross but sometimes the problem is your intestinal walls are gummed up with old food. I suggest getting an enema. That'll pump all the gunk right out and it's not a very expensive procedure. Go to a doctor and get a referral. It may be invasive but it's worth it in the end.

I hope this helps.

Is this a recent thing? Or long term. You start out by saying you're passing through a difficult time with it as it it's just started lately.

I find that consuming caffeine can sometimes have a mild effect like that on me. Look at not only the foods you eat, but what you drink as well. Have you moved, or otherwise are using water from a different supply?

If there's any pain, or other problems, see your doctor right away. If not, you may want to see him anyway.
    Wisdom can come with youth ... my friends here prove it everyday.

Your topic caught my attention. It's so funny, :P ! Try "Beano", I haven't tried it, but have seen funny commercials for it!

i think beano works..ive never had this problem tho..pay a visit to ur doctor and im sure he/she will help..

the causes of flatulence:

Some people cut the cheese more than others. Grandpa's finger is not special; his condition could be a result of a few factors. Here is a small list of different causes of flatulence:

1. Consuming too many carbs
    Of the three main nutrients, carbohydrates produce the most gas because sugar and starch easily ferment. Half of us are endowed with bacteria that particularly prefer munching on unprocessed carbs -- unless you are like me, in which case tuna does the trick. As you might have guessed, beans contain more indigestible carbohydrates than most foods.

2. Consuming indigestible foods
    Many daily foods are considered "indigestible" -- milk being one of them. Cow milk is unnatural to the human body, which is why a lot of people are lactose intolerant. Lactose intolerance means the body does not know how to digest milk, so it sets it aside as waste. If you happen to have a lot of "gas enzymes" in your system and you are lactose intolerant, even milk can make you fart.

3. Excessive enzymes
    Each person's intestinal fauna is composed differently so people do not react similarly to the same foods. Two individuals can eat a meal rich in indigestible carbs and only one of them can develop gas, simply because his intestinal tract contains more enzymes. You might have heard people say that onions or apples give them gas, while others claim not to be affected. It all depends on the amount and type of bacteria in the large intestine.

4. Chewing and swallowing air
    Chewing your food properly helps prevent gas because you alleviate your tract's workload, while chewing gum gives people flatulence because it makes them swallow more air than usual and because it animates the digestive system. Sometimes you burp, but other times air goes too deep into the digestive tract, leaving only one alternative: farting.

5. Intestinal infections
    Finally, certain forms of intestinal infections cause flatulence. Eating contaminated food or drinking contaminated water will cause loose stools, bloating, cramps, and gas. When a person has an intestinal infection, the lining of the intestinal track thins and nutrients, again, get sent to the large intestine without being absorbed.

treatments:

Over-the-counter Bean-O and other pills on the market are very effective. Good dieting, not chewing gum and noticing what affects your system are all nice steps at beating the problem, but if you are a compulsive "farter," there are alternative means of dealing with the problem. Chamomile, peppermint, balm, sage, marjoram, and other herbs can alleviate flatulence.

So fear not, my smelly friends, there is life after the gas chamber! Cutting carbohydrates from your diet and avoiding foods you know are heavy on your system are just about all a person needs to do to reduce flatulence. Also, remember to munch on your food properly and chew less gum. If you are one of the unlucky ones endowed with more enzymes in your system, there are pills and herbs on the market that can regulate your problem.

Here is a list of known foods that cause flatulence. Note: these foods might not apply to everybody.

Flatulent Foods

Apples Apricots Beans Bran Broccoli
    Brussels sprouts Cabbage Carrots Cauliflower Dairy products
    Eggplant Nuts Onions Peaches Pears
    Popcorn Prunes Raisins Soybean Tuna

sites to check out

Here are some sites that you may find interesting. Check them out and enjoy yourself.

howstuffworks.com/question46.htm
    gicare.com/pated/edtgs12.htm
    endlessadventures.com/flatulence/fart4.htm

__________________________________________________ ____

check out askmen.com/sports/health/38b_mens_health.html
    (it's where I got all the above information from)
    *Everywhere I go, every smile I see, I know you are there smiling back at me. Dancing in moonlight I know you are free, 'cause I can see your star shining down on me...*

its pretty simple to avoid them bad ones that are uncontrolled and have a mind of there own lol..dont drink so much soda and cut down the carbs..so much can cause farts but they are natural..i hope all of our advice same to a help for u..well goodluck

I don't see why you think it's a problem. It's the manliest biological function there is. Twister's more fun after everyone eats beans lol.
    There's no worse rejection than by those that created the illusion of accepting you.

Elitism regarding maturity is immaturity in disguise.

i would hope after close to 6 years he figured it out.
    Not only am I friendly, but I'm invisible too.
    Too perfect of a relationship is too weird-g69
    If you say you are normal, I'd think you are weird-g69
    The world can only get better, it depends on how you look at it-g69
    'As wicked as you are, you're beautiful to me'-5fingerdeathpunch
    you cannot control the world, you can only live in it the best you can for you-g69

NooOoOoooOOoOoOoooooo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
According to the findings of a recent study, married women may find themselves drinking a lot more alcohol than single or divorced women, while ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that, when under stress, men tend to be attracted to women with a more curvaceous body type, found a new research, according to which ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Marriage and divorce are linked to weight gain among both women and men, and especially those who are over age 30, found U.S. sociologists. However, ...