Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leg shaking? someone help!!!!!!!!

Leg shaking? someone help!!!!!!!!

I am constant leg shaker. I sit at my desk and my leg just bobs up and down REALLY fast. I can't help it. If i sit still I'll go md, and if i try to stop my leg, i find my thumb starts tapping. any ides what causes this? My friend jokes on my and says that her mom told her thats its from 'sexual frustrations' lol any ideas? someone help please.
    ~NEB~

"Love to be lost love to be found"~ Me

"We all fall on hard times, some of us just trip more than others." ~Me

I bounce my legs quite often.. never realize.. i don't think it's a problem though.. could be just nerves or something.. are you anxious a lot? nervous? something stuck in the back of your mind you can't shake? possibly constant paranoia? fear of something? could be a lot of things.. but i doubt it's anything medical or serious for that matter...

nope none of those things. i just do it for no reason. could it be ADD or ADHD? I get asked if I have one of the two. I actually get asked that a lot!
    ~NEB~

ummm. does bouncing your leg entertain you? do you do it cause you're just so bored? i doubt it.. i just do it.. my leg bounces.. and i bite my nails just because... sometimes you just do things...

Well I've had this happen from time to time to me. If I get stressed or nervous thats what usually makes it start. Or too much caffeine, that does it for sure.

Its probably nothing serious. But if its REALLY bad for you, or other parts of your body start to shake then go see your doctor to rule out a medical problem.

My leg will do that shaking uncontrollably thing too, at times.....I think it's just a sign of the muscle being tired from being tensed a large part of the day. It's not painful, merely annoying. I wouldn't worry about it too much, unless it does become painful or if it starts to happen constantly!

Mar
    Beauty is only skin deep. LOOK DEEPER.

See the thing is, it is constant! It never stops, my dad complains cuz he hangs downstairs and he hears me doing it all the time, the people who sit around me in school start to fuss at me cuz i cant stop it and i dont realize im doing it. There is like no aparent reason for doing it and even when i stand i plant my toe to the grond and wiggle my ankle. help!!!
    ~NEB~

its no big deal...sounds normal to me. i do it when im bored or have more energy than im "allowed" to use. i just think you have energy that wants to be used and your legs wanna move to use some of that energy up. and if you stop your legs your fingers will move because it drives your body crazy when you just cant use the energy you have. personally...i think its a good sign that your body's working normally and you are in good health. its annoying but its necessary

if its constantly annoying you, maybe you should try to use some of that energy up on a regular basis...running, basketball..something that uses alot of aerobics and muscles. then relax in a hot bath or something afterward. also, it could just be your age...if you're like 12-18 yrs old then your body's a little out of balance chemically. how long has it been going on?

Hmmm, well if it is doing it even while you are standing I would definately see a doctor. I don't want to scare you, but there are some diseases of the nervous system that will cause this to happen. I'm still thinking it isn't serious - but I encourage you to have it checked out.

avman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
According to the findings of a recent study, married women may find themselves drinking a lot more alcohol than single or divorced women, while ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that, when under stress, men tend to be attracted to women with a more curvaceous body type, found a new research, according to which ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Marriage and divorce are linked to weight gain among both women and men, and especially those who are over age 30, found U.S. sociologists. However, ...