how to shorten menstrual period

Hi, I would like to know how to shorten my menstrual periods because they last 7-8 days. Any tips? Thanks a whole bunch.

Drink lots of water...it helps for some girls. I helped me but the bad thing about it was that I made MANY trips to the bathroom. But water seems to make the blood come out more...sooner. Be active too...this also reduces cramps. Get some exercise and it should help with any problems.

Just to start off, my period used to last for only 4 days. When I was 18 I started taking birth control, and once the doctor and I found a brand that worked well with my body chemistry, it's shortened to 2 days, sometimes less. If possible, you might think about it. Ortho-trycyclin is a great one that also helps clear up your skin if you have problems with breakouts. And the best part is your period will be so regular, you will kow exactly what day to expect it on.

Hope it helps.

I agree with above post: go on birth control. Lots of benefits, plus it'll lighten and shorten your period. It helps with cramps and acne, plus a benefit if you really need the birth control. Just go to a gyno, that's where I got mine, and they'll help find a brand that works for you. There's lots of them, but I'm on OrthoTri Cyclen, which is pretty popular. Hope it works!

i heard that if u drink a lot of water it will be lighter and if u eat a lot of salty things it will be heavier...

Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
According to the findings of a recent study, married women may find themselves drinking a lot more alcohol than single or divorced women, while ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that, when under stress, men tend to be attracted to women with a more curvaceous body type, found a new research, according to which ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Marriage and divorce are linked to weight gain among both women and men, and especially those who are over age 30, found U.S. sociologists. However, ...