Spell: How to Forget Your Ex

I was asked to post this at the request of one the moderators:

What this is is a very simple spell to get over your ex or get over someone. I hope this helps a lot of you and good luck!

THE SPELL:

TO FORGET ABOUT AN EX-LOVER

As all things must surely have to end, and things must be left behind in the past,

it's best that we remember to carry our good feelings and happy times with us,

and to discard the remnants of things that need be left alone.

This spell is one of my very own and it works well to be rid of the pain

that breaking up with someone you love tends to bring forth.

All you need is a picture of your ex-boyfriend (or ex-girlfriend),

a lighter (I prefer a blow-torch, but matches may be supplemented),

a heat safe container, a bittersweet root and a red ouanga bag

(gris gris, hoodoo, yada yada...). I find that casting this spell on the night

of a waning moon or new moon is best, when it's dark is always more peaceful,

and you won't be disturbed. Place the picture of your ex

in the heat safe container and light it on fire, as it burns down to ashes,

meditate on your hurt and suffering leaving you while it turns to ashes and dust,

chant the following with conviction:

"As you leave my life,

I leave behind my pain.

As you burn to dust,

So does all my hurt.

As I leave you in my past,

I leave with you my sorrow."

Repeat this chant until his/her picture is reduced to ashes.

You may now throw these ashes as far from your house as possible,

or bury them in a remote location with your pain

and bad memories of the breakup.

Before you go to sleep for the night, take the bittersweet root

and touch it to your forehead (third eye position - thousand leafed lotus),

it's always best to have let out all your emotions earlier while doing the burning,

but if you feel you need to cry or scream and let out those last bits of remorse,

feel free to do so now. Let the root soak up all your bad energies,

then wrap it in the red cloth or put it in the sack, tying it with three knots,

and then place it under your pillow or under your mattress near your head.

Sleep with it there until your ex is a piece of your dead past,

and they no longer affect you as an individual.

Hope you all enjoy!

-jitrenda

I am a believer in psychology and the power of the mind...I think that spells are interesting, however to me the reality behind this "type" of spell is the psychology involved.

It's a mental game, meaning the time and effort you put into thinking and composing such spells does wonders for convincing your mind to make the change to heal. Just my thoughts are its fun sure, but the real power behind it is your own mind.

I do not think spells or witchcraft will make you get over your ex, it is just about mastering your emotions, and finding emotional freedom from within.

Healing is a process that does not happen over night. After tring the spell there will be moments when we may backslide back into negative thinking.

Well good luck to all. I wish everyone will find a way to help them get over their ex's. I do not believe in spells maybe affirmations of the problems, but not spells. That does not agree with my religion.

I do however think it is helpful to accept your situation by writing or saying something out loud, and burning the ex's pictures if it helps.

I keep at least one picture of all my ex's , but store them away, you may regrete burning all of their pictures if they die or something. One of my friends ex died in a car crash, and she had nothing to remind her of him, she regrets it to this day.

God wants us to forgive people of their sins against us, so he can forgive us of our sins. Years later I do not have any anger to my ex for breaking my heart. You get over your hurt, and move on. I do not want my ex back , but I still respect him as a human being , and would not wish any harm to him.

I was asked to post this message by a moderator and a member, both of which I pmed about the offense I took to this message. It gives my reasons for being offended and what I truly believe. I would like to give two additions before I post this message. First, I agree with you segagirl, a spell only has power when the mind is used. The basic motions of a spell or ritual are mainly just to center one's mind to a place so that they can fully focus their power onto a desired goal. Secondly, to those of you interested in learning more about the spirituality behind spells and magick(spelled with a K to differentiate between stage magic and natural magick) I offer you a website link removed this website not only delves into the basics of spellcraft, but also the religion behind it. It is truly informative. If you are offended by such subjects, then I suggest you do not click on the link or paste it into your browser. But if you are willing to enter with an open mind, I offer that website.

Now on to the message I posted:

The reason it offended me is because as a wiccan, I feel that not just anyone can perform a spell. I welcome anyone with interest into the craft, however, I believe everyone should learn more about the craft and magick itself before performing any ritual or spell. Most wiccan books available at the bookstore hold spells off until the last chapter. While I realize many may go to the last chapter and perform the spell while skipping the rest of the book, I think it is more wise to at least offer the information. Magick is not something to be played with and I am afraid that many on this site will just assume they can harness a power they do not know much about. That is the only reason I am offended, however, I see I am outnumbered in this belief. I have no problem with wiccan sites or themed messages being posted, in fact I encourage it as it is a beautiful religion and more should be informed of it. I think I will just post a website to at least offer information so that those who chose to can learn more about the religion and the true power behind the magick. I also offer you any information you may be looking into in your quest to find your true beliefs. Christianity is a hard religion to leave, I was once christian too. Any help you need in learning about wicca I offer, not as a scheme to "convert" you, but to educate you instead.

I would also like to add that I do not mean to disrespect anyone through this post. The mention of christianity was not meant to persecute anyone who is christian, it is too a beautiful religion which is why I said it is a "hard religion to leave." I only wish to offer knowledge of what else is out there to those who may not be satisfied with whatever religion they follow currently and/or to those who are just curious and would like to know more. These are my personal opinions, feel free to PM me with your thoughts. Thank you.

Yes, we all have a right to say what we want, and if some want to practice witchcraft so be it.But as a Christian and a believer of God and our Lord Jesus Christ, It is my job to speak against anything that does not please God, which is witchcraft a form of Satan. I also am offended and have the right to say it.

Everyone has the right to do what they want but, I know that being a witch is a form of devil worshipping.

This is exactly why I pmed the two mentioned in my post. This is supposed to be an open-minded forum and you are supposed to be respectful to me. Not condemn my beliefs. My only suggestion to you is you open your mind to other beliefs. My beliefs are not false, but I do not believe I can convince you of that, so I am not going to try. If you live your life this way, I do hope your afterlife is as great as you believe it will be because you are only experiencing so much of your life. Thank you for you opinion though. It was humbling, to say the least.

Thank you SwingFox for your compliment. I tried to be as respectful as possible. "treat others as you want to be treated" and all that. I appreciate your compliment, only I wish I could have read it AFTER the post above instead of before. Nonetheless it meant a lot and I thank you.

To the forum:

I offer as I have before my humble knowledge of mine and many other religions. I have opened my eyes to many different paths to the divine and I believe all are true and right choices. I respect all religions: Islam, Buddhist, Judiasm, Hindu, Christianity, etc etc etc. Even Satanism, which I have learned more about as of recently and which, from my studies, I have found does not really have anything to do with worshipping some evil being. If you wish to know anymore about wicca, my personal reasons for leaving christianity behind me, or any other things I have learned, I offer what I know. Take it for what you will. I posted my message knowing fully well I would be persecuted, but as the two people encouraged me to in hopes of educating others, I hope some of you will learn. For those of you who feels as Genesis does, then please post your opinons. But I am done. I will not fight with people who are not willing to respect other's beliefs. I will no longer comment on this topic with people who condemn a person's belief. All religions are sacred and should be respected as such. It is my personal belief that no religion is exactly true, but all are different paths for each of us to chose to take, and some may chose none. Religion is not something one should use against another. For even in the bible it says "love thy neighbor as thyself" and although I do not remember the exact wording, perhaps I am mistaken, but I do believe it says to pull those furthest from God closest to your heart, for it is they who need you the most. I believe respect applies to all religions, and supposedly applies to this forum. Those not wishing to give it, I am not going to try to win it. Thank you for letting me share my thoughts. Blessed Be everyone.

To Genesis and all others!

I did not mean to offend anyone at all. I only meant to help anyone who needed it. That is why i posted this...to help them. People try different things.

And Genesis i agree with ChildofGod...you shouldn't turn your back on Faeriechyld you should embrace her.

To all of you here at enotalone. I am not a witch, i am in fact, a christian. I found this site that suggested a different way to get over your ex. At the request of a friend, i posted it in hopes that it would maybe help those who needed the help. That is all i meant it as. I have a few friends that are wiccans and true wiccans are not evil. The love the earth and do only good. I am not here to dispute your view only to present my side of it. Wiccans are good and those that say they are wiccans and do evil, are not wiccans at all. They do not harm others, as it will come back to them. My friend who is a wiccan informed of this when i freaked out the day i found out she was, as i am christian. So there is the other side. Whatever you a person believes that is great. The one thing i love about this site is most people are very open minded. It's a wonderful site. I love the fact we can debate about topics and at the same time try not to offend others. And i am not trying to pull people from their religion at all, i think it's great that world has so many religions and for the most part is very accepting of it. Some people like to try different things, we are human after all. So i hope this helps!

-jitrenda

Thank you childofgod. You are quite right, I was baptised and saved. I was a christian my whole life up until a few years ago. I began to question some of my beliefs and the more times I questioned, the more unsure I became of what my true beliefs were. It is nice to know that there are christians out there who are willing to listen to me about what I feel and think. You are a bright ray of sunshine on a dark and stormy day. Although I do not wish to be converted back to christianity, I'm quite happy where I am, communing with nature and the like, I would love to continue to talk to you on a non-religious level as I believe you are a very respectable and kind-hearted individual. Feel free to PM me.

Jitrenda, well said. I commend you.