ex-girlfriend's birthday --what to do

real quick question .. its my ex-girlfriend's b-day. We have dated on/off for the past two years... but for the past seven months we have been broken up. Two months ago, we began to "talk" again, but that fizzled out. It seems we go a month without talking, then we'll talk for 3 weeks, then back to not-talking. We both live in different states...but that's not a big issue. Right now, we are not speaking. I have not called her, and she has not called me. Just wondering, should I play hard to get (ie: no contact) or should I at least send her a card .. and see what happens.

Thanks

ummm currently im dating a girl in another state too. so its not as hard as people say it is. I would send her a card. It will definatly surprise her and then on the day of her birthday like early i would call her or something and be one of the first to wish her a happy bday. itll be surprising and youll make her smile. Good luck man. God Bless.

with that said .. if I do call, would it be out of line to ask her to do something (like drive up and take her out to dinner) We're only 2 hours away. She has told me that she is "dating" .. but nothing serious. Would I be putting myself in a position to get hurt by asking (in case, she says no) and would that come accross as "too fast". Not being a challenge. Not sure on what, in all, I should do.

Card

Card, Call, ask out for dinner

Card, Call, ask out for a weekend night

Card, Call, and just see what happens.

Any advice will help

If she's already told you she's "dating" then you are clearly out of line for expecting to drive up and expect something. If someone tells you that they're "dating" it means that they don't want to date YOU!! Just send a polite card and leave her alone. If she wants to date or see you, she'll contact you...HELLOOO????

I went through something like this. My ex and I broke up 2 months ago. We didn't know how to handle being broken up, and she started seeing someone else right away. So I just sent her a card and called her on her birthday. If you really want to meet up with her, I would leave that as a separate phone call. Make the card just to let her know you're thinking of her and wishing her a happy birthday.

• 7 years later...

Because of any reason, if u two are parted, u need to decide if u really want her back in your life..Does she worth it or do you really worth it...Can you to really made for each other...What if she loves someone else or you started loving someone else...What if you get some better girl in your life than her...

She must be still deeply inside you...But if you have really concluded at point of time that you should choose separate road in life, I will say, don't send any cards or flowers or even a text..Let her feel that you don't care for her and then only she would start loving someone else...And even you should move ahead in life...No need to stuck into it...

I got broke up 3.5 mnths back...rit before 2 weeks when she decided to marry someone else...And today is her bday...But i know im not gonna disturb those two today..

Archived