How To Ask A Girl Out That You've Only Met once?

There's a girl that I like that I want to ask out on a date, But I have only met here once and don't really know how to go about it. Here's my situation.

A couple years ago I worked at a convienent store and there was this lady that I worked with there. I write and record my own music and she bought a few cds from me and she said that her daughter took them and listens to them all the time. And told her she was in love with me now. This was right around christmas and she gave me a christmas card and told me that there might be a love letter in there, Because of what her daughter told her after hearing my music. And a few times a week her daughter would ride to work with her. To wait on her friends to pick her up and go to school.I never said anything more to her than hi.

Her mom quit after a few months and so did I. I have not seen either of them in 2 years. The other day I saw her mom in the store I work at now. I talked to her for a few minutes. Mostly about what she's doing now and what I was doing. And if I was still writing and recording music. Then out of the blue she ask's me if I 'm seeing anyone right now. I tell her no. Then she say's that I should go out with her daughter I would be perfect for her. She said I was a good boy and she liked me and that it wouldn't bother her to have me hanging around her house all the time. (And she meant hanging around the house with her daughter not her).

I really like her and would love to go out with her, But seeing as how I have never really talked to her before. I don't know how I should go about asking her out. Should I wait to see her and just ask if she would want to go out to the movies or something sometime. Or if I see her mom again first tell her to mention to her daughter that I would like to go out on a date with her sometime. And ask for her phone #. Then call her and ask her out my self. Or find out were she works and send flowers and a note asking her out on a date.

There may be a few problems though with the first to. One I have never seen her in the store so I'm afraid I want get the chance to ask her out my self because I have not seen her since I quit my previous job.

Second it took 2 years for me to see her mom again and I 'm afraid it may be a while before I do again, Because it's just a matter of luck that I'll be working the next time she's in the store or I'll be busy working and not see her come in. So asking her mom to mention to her that I want to go out on a date with her may not be the way to go. Plus I don'y really know her and have never really talked to her before so it's like asking a stranger out. And I have never asked out any I haven't known for a while.

The reason I want to go out with this girl so bad is, Because I have had a crush on her since the moment I saw her. You know how you imagine in your head what your dream girl or boy for you girls would be like. She is way better than any dream girl I could imagine. And I just feel like she's the one for me and all I have to do is get that first date and the rest will fall into place. Or I may get turned down and have a broken hart for a while but either way I don't want to pass up the chance to be with her if only for one date.

I'm sorry for the long post I just thought it would be good to give as much background about my situation as possible. If anyone can help me out please do. And by the way I'm 21 and she's 18 turning 19 in a few months.

She said I was a good boy and she liked me and that it wouldn't bother her to have me hanging around her house all the time. (And she meant hanging around the house with her daughter not her).

That's great!

Anyway, on to the topic at hand. You definitely have to go for it. If you've laready got an "in" with her parents, that's a point for your team! The only thing that I'd hesitate on is letting her mom be the messenger. You need to take action youreself, so it doesn't seem like "mom's settin' me up". I don't know how you can get her number (obviously you can look it up in the book if it's listed and you know her last name...) or make yourself run in to her, but if nothing else, her mom knows where she saw you, so maybe she'll come back again to see if you're interested! Hang around!

Don't miss out, if after 2 years there's still a potential!

As far as what to do on the date, tell her (as a way of asking her out) that you "really want to get to know her better". That way, you're not exactly committing yourself, but it leaves it open for the future, in case it works out....

Either way, it's easy to tell you're still interested, so there's gotta be somthing to that!

S.A.M.