my girlfring won't introduce me to her friends

My girlfriend won't introduce me to her "male friends". An example we are out at a bar last night and she suddenly sees someone that she knows accross the bar. "I'm just going over to say high to a friend," she says. She returns several minutes later with no comment, and acted like I shouldn't be upset. I clearly stated that I wanted to be introduced to her friends; she said she was not used to a relationship like that and i was out of line to ask her. Please tell me if i am being too protective, or am getting walked over?

Thanks

Frustrated

Well if you can't be content with that kind of relationship (which you aren't, it seems), then you should probably just tell her that if things don't change you'll have to leave. I don't mean it as a threat. I mean that it would be better for you to leave now a relationship to which your partner can't commit, than to be left, later, with a bunch of excuses and feeling like there is something wrong with you.

She is not into it as she might have led you to believe. If I'm wrong, she will make an effort when faced with the prospect of you leaving. Otherwise, you'll do right to go look for a deeper, more "two-way" involvement elsewhere.

The best of luck to you.

• 3 weeks later...