Does anyone think alcohol affects what you say and do?

I have a question. Does anyone think alcohol affects what you say and do? I have a good friend with whom I have had some intimate moments. We connect very well and I think she may have real feelings for me but is having a hard time with it because she is the ex best friend of my ex wife. I don't mind because I have them for her. Very deep feelings. The only thing that is missing from our relationship is that we have not owned up to "being together". She is very attentive to me when we talk, has direct eye contact with me at all times while we converse, positions herself while sitting directly facing me and on occasion crosses her legs at the knee with her knees facing me and she occasionally will lean in during conversation. To me, that body language is speaking louder than her words. I have caught her staring at me accross the room at a bar before. Onetime about a week ago we were sitting on her couch and she and I locked eyes for longer than was necessary. Nothing was said but it seemed to be a brief intimate connection. She brings up that nothing can ever happen between us more often than seems prudent. During a very passionate kiss she told me she loves me. Now at this time we had both had a few beers. Does alcohol bring the truth out in people's feelings? Do you think what they say and do is what they really want to say and do but never do unless they have loosened up a bit with a couple drinks?

I am trying to figure out if this woman is really interested and has real feelings for me because she vocalizes that nothing can happen because of my ex but acts another way toward me.

She did tell me that the truth comes out with alcohol. Is she dropping hints to me that she wants me to make a serious move on her?

I would like to hear some opinions of both men and woman. Thanks.

Hey RNAZ:

I am a 29 yr. old woman (FYI), and I don't really think "the truth" comes out when you drink. Yes, I think it makes you more emotional and could give you courage to say things you might not normally say, but it doesn't necessarily mean it is completely how you feel. (At least in my case). When I was younger, I would sometimes call ex-boyfriends in a drunken state- it was ridiculous! The next morning I was like "OMG- I don't want that!" Or whatever. Yes, she probably has feelings for you (obviously!), but the alcohol just probably gave her the nerve to do and say what she knows in a rational state "shouldn't" happen (according to her). I know what I'm saying seems a little contradictory, but I can't exactly explain what I mean. I guess it brings out emotions and "drama", but does not necessarily represent our rational thoughts and feelings. Hope it helps a little (?)

RNAZ,

I think that the question underneath your message is: "Does this woman like me?" It looks like that you really would like to find out. The signals seem to be very positive. That's why I would like to suggest you that you start to talk to her about how you feel and what your thoughts are.

It looks like that you two are close enough friends to make this through. Trust her and listen to what she has to say.

I hope this helped you for you and I wish you good luck

~ SwingFox ~

Ok... I'm gonna consider myself a proffessional drinker here (not something to be proud of).. I've gotten drunk off everything many many times over.. I say things i think... before thinking about what will happen after i say them, or who might hear me, or how it might effect people.. etc.. for example: Went upstate this past weekend.... Friend's sister (who i'm very interested in) was there, we get drunk.. Seomhow me and her end up on the futon together (God was i happy) and i proceeded to tell her that i like her, she's beautiful, we should get married, etc... that was 100% the fault of alcohol... I mean, i told her she's gorgeous sober, and also told her i think i'd like to date her while sober.. but i know i said a lot more than that drunk.. worst part is i don't remember what i said...

I would take her "i love you" with a grain of salt i think... alcohol does make you say what you think.. but that's just that, thinking.. you don't know cause yourn judgement's clouded... Talk to her about it sober.. that's your best bet