My girlfriend is being disrespectful...

I want advice on how to react when my girlfriend says mean things or is rude to me. The cat just sort of jumped on her and hurt her (obviously unintentionally) and she sort of kicked her off the bed. It really upset me and I told her she was being violent with the cat and she got really defensive and locked me out of the bedroom. I have a key so I came back in and she was still really mean. We are supposed to go out with some friends tonight and I told her I might not go. She said, " fine, nobody needs you anyway." I feel really hurt and she is totally ignoring me. What should I say to her?

Your right, she is being rude, I personally dont have much tolerance for nasty un merited remarks like that.

If your not happy in this relationship, leave! you shouldnt allow yourself to be treated that way, thats verbal abuse. dont be fooled into thinking youll be able to change her, she has issues , and unless she decides to take up some kind of anger managment, its only going to get worse.

Tell her that your not going to take her rudness and verbal abuse anymore, and leave.

thats my advise, it may be a little biased, but you dont have to be unhappy, you have a choice to find someone that will make you feel good about yourself.

dump her.... it sounds like you deserve someone better. She is not going to change, and it's not fair that you "force" her to "conform" to your values. It's either she has them or she don't. All it means that you two are not the right match/fit. Contrary to what a lot of people believe.... "opposite attract" - I don't feel that is true. Ironically, I find that "Like and Like" attract and adhere to each other better. So find someone else who's got a better, healthier set of values than her - someone who has the same values, respect for others, etc. like YOU. Don't need to put up with rude people and don't bother changing them because you are not their saviour (although at times they may claim that you are, but believe me...it's the hormones talking)...Bail while you can, and find yourself a good gal! Good luck.

Hi Mallen,

I am sorry to hear what you are going through. Her response looks a little bit strange to me. I tend to agree to what the previous posters have commented, but I am also a little curious. Has this ever happened before with her? Has she expressed her feelings like this before?

The reason why I ask this, is because if this is coming out of the blue, I would just sit down with her and have a little talk to her about this and how you this situation makes you feel. I would also give her some space to explain you why she reacted like this.

On a last note: I agree with the previous posters, because there is a rule, I life by in life: "The only obligation YOU have in life, is the obligation for YOU to be happy. If YOU are not happy, YOU cannot make someone else happy." If this young lady is treating you like this and you feel very uncomfortable over it, you might want to reconsider if this is true happiness.

I hope this helped you and I wish you good luck.

~ SwingFox ~