Talking to her without giving an impression tham I'm in love

I HAVE A HUGE CRUSH ON THIS GAL FROM MY SCHOOL. I BROKE THE ICE BY STARTING A CONVERSATION WITH HER, AND APPLIED THE GENERAL PRINCIPLES IN DATING WOMEN. I'M NOT SO SURE IF SHE'S INTERESTED IN ME. SHE'S NEW TO THE SCHOOL SO SHE DOESN'T HAVE THAT MANY FRIENDS. WHENEVER I SEE HER, SHE'S ALWAYS BY HERSELF. I HAVE DRIVEN MYSELF SO DEEPLY PSYCHOLOGICALLY THAT I'VE BEEN TOTALLY INFATUATED FOR THE LAST 1 WEEK.

THE ONLY CONCERN FOR ME IS THAT, WE ARE NOT IN ANY CLASS TOGETHER OTHER THAN THE MORNING ORCHESTRA REHEARSALS TWICE A WEEK. AND EVEN IN THE REHEARSALS, WE ARE NOT DESK PARTNERS, WHICH MEANS THERE ISN'T A WHOLE LOT OF COMMUNICATION BETWEEN ME AND HER OTHER THAN PLAYING THE MUSIC. I DON'T WANNA SCARE HER AWAY BY BEING TOO ROMANTIC AND ALL SO QUICKLY. I WANNA SLOWLY BUILD SOME FRIENDSHIP THEN MAKE SOME PROGRESS FROM THERE TO EVENTUALLY ASK HER OUT. SO WHAT CAN I POSSIBLY DO TO BUILD THAT FRIENDSHIP I NEED? HOW CAN I START TALKING TO HER WITHOUT GIVING SO MUCH AN IMPRESSION AS TO I'M IN LOVE WITH HER?

Ask her to do something very casual, like go for a coke or coffee. In the conversation with her find out if she is seeing someone in the other city that she just came from. Ask her to go to a popular movie that is not too romantic or sexual. You don't want to make her feel uncomfortable. If that works out ok, ask her if she'd like to do that again. On your second date smile and look into her eyes. If she looks away immediately, she isn't ready for this. If she holds your gaze say something nice like you look so pretty today! In the movie put your arm on her chair like a brother or father might do to make her feel secure, don't get to touchy right away. If she is on the rebound or feeling uncomfortable, she may be frightened off if you are overly forward. If there is some chemistry, put a little kiss on her hair or on the side of her face. She'll let you know when she is ready for more. Look for physical signs that she is interested, touch her hand when you are talking, stroke her hair very coyly. See if she looks interested. You can tell if she is looking at other people or moving away from you physically, she may not be ready. By the thrid date see if she is open to talk about past relationships, why she moved there, her family. Keep things as open and uncommitted as possible. People get so compulsive about relationships that they cannot be patient and let a good thing go...