My boyfriend is a liar!!!

nikkarie

I have been with my boyfriend for over a year and a half. He lies to me about everything! Even little things like what he talks about with his father. he told me his father was lending him money to buy a car, so i asked him later on to ask his father for the money he said he could borrow, he told me that he had never said anything about his father lending him money. so I thought I was crazy...but he confessed and told me he told me that, but his father never had said he would lend him money. He also lies about bigger things. when we first got together he did some stuff with this other girl(a friend of his), i found out about it but wanted to hear it from him. so i asked him about it and he swore up and down nothing happened. then when i called him on it then he confessed. so i told him to stop talking to her because she was still trying to get with him. so he told me he stopped talking to her and that hated this girl and that he never wanted to talk to her again because she was messing with our relationship!!...then months later i find out he never stopped talking to her in the first place...he says it was because he cant be mean to people. well he didnt mind being mean to me. other things like this has happened, but never gone as far as him doing anything with someoen else again(well as far as i know). So a year after this happened he started a new job, and one of the girls he works with told him that she liked him and started asking him to go places with her and stuff like this. well he told me that she liked him and how she was trying to get him to go to her house, but he swore he hadn't talked to her more then once. well about a month later i found out that he had been calling this girl and emailing her, and that he had even hung out with her 2 times! and i find out all this after he told me he only talked to her once(the time she told him she liked him) and that he didnt like her very much, and that he would never go anywhere or do anything with her. Well these are the biggest and littlest things(borrowing money) he's lied to me about. there are many, many other times. he swears he would never cheat on me again and that it was the biggest mistake of his life. but i cant help thinking otherwise when he lies constantly!! when i ask him why he lies he says he does it because he doesnt want me to get mad at him and hate him. but i have never once lied to him, and i tell him everything good or bad! and i asked him so many times to please tell me things like this, because it's worse if he lies and then i find out about later on. i want him to stop lying to me about every little thing because he has no reason to. why does he lie to me?[/b]

• 4 weeks later...

Well...

I can say that a person that lies has no loyality, honor, or integrity.

But how about this...

When I was in the military I would never have a tent mate that I didnt' trust. Who know what they would do when I was sleep!

And as simple as that.... There is your advice. You should simply leave this man/boy alone. To many things have happened. Your soul sounds hurt to much to me to be waiting and stressing for the next pending lie. It would be of a great advantage to you to go on with your life for now. Perhaps you ending the relationship may bring light to him to change his ways. Either way, it will benefit you.

Imagine dating someone that did not lie to you....

I think you know what to do....

• 2 months later...

I think what you are asking is why your boyfriend is lying to you....and i have a feeling you dont want to leave him...and from what i've been through I think that most guys lie to avoid getting hurt themselves. Maybe your boyfriend was lied to by past girlfriends, or maybe he thinks he has to lie to keep a relationship. If he tells you the truth, he might feel like he will get hurt, or that you will judge him or hate him or even leave him, but what he doesnt realize is that he's pushing you away even more. It's happening to me right now and i'm not sure what to do either, but hopefully everything turns out well for you. Take care.

-Danielle

• 2 weeks later...

someone who lies to you that much (speacially about other girls) does not care about you.

simple as that.

get rid of him and don't look back. it doesn't matter how much you like him, he doesn't care about you no matter what he says. (why would you believe what he says anyway right? he's a liar).

the simple truth is, he is just going out with you while he looks for some girl that he is going to like more. so stay with him and be his backup girl if you want, you're just going to get dumped sooner or later.

• 2 months later...

I had a very similar experience, even about other girls as well. My advice is also get out of it NOW. I also don't suggest being friends with someone who has no problem lying to your face about things that are important/big to you. You don't need people like that in your life as boyfriends or friends.

There is no explanation why he lies to you. That is just how he is. And he won't ever look back and think "how could I have lied like that" or feel bad about it. Once you accept these two things you will be able to let him and the hurt go, and move on. It is nothing you did, and nothing that will ever change.

He will try to get you back when you break it off. He won't take no for an answer. He will say he will change, anything to get you back. This type of person is very scary in my opinion, bc it is a person who doesn't care for you as a person at all. Take your time to find another good person who will treat you as good as you treat them.

• 2 months later...

:scatter: Hello to all in the enote fam.... Kesea i just had to make my first post 2 u.. I was also in the same situation and found out so mucmore after I left........The name Kesea was mentioned quite frequentl....LOL Seriously though....to the author of this post, follow Keseas advise and RUN.................

00b:

Hey All...

This topic hit home. If you know like I know you will get as far away from this man as possible. Girl I know it is a hard thing to do? Then again it may not be.

My situation was/and still is very complicated. Though I has been far away from this a**wipe for over a year, I have no choice but to communicate with his LYING Butt..... Everytime I talk to him my blood boils.

NIP IT IN THE BUD NOW!!!!! PPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEE

Take it from someone who knows. A MANCHILD LIKE THIS WILL NEVER CHANGE.

Kesea............ Indeed this name is not very common so you understand why I addressed you... "Kesea" was someone I KNOW that he loves/loved. He unknowingly confirmed these feelings by the many, many, many diffrent contradictions that pertained to the name Kesea....... Hey no beef with you girl.. I just find it interesting.... How bout U??????

• 1 month later...

I totally understand!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so upset right now because the same thing happens over and over and then when I question him about it, he screams and says that I watch him too closely and that I should be a detective. He gets mad at ME because I always ask question b/c of HIS lying habit. He lied yesterday about the stupidest thing, and still won't admit it. GUys like this suck. I cannot leave him because I love him, but deep down I hate him with a passion. I have lost all of my friends b/c I hung out with him so much, and I guess if I still had those friends, I would have the courage to leave him. I know that if I do, that I will be COMPLETELY alone, and I guess thats why I don't. I guess, if your in mysituation, I would say you should leave him. I know thats the best thing for myself, but I can't bring myself to do it.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 years later...

Archived