Should I ignore his calls? (NC)

I decided that the best and only way for me to move on was to cut him out of my life and stop all contact, which I have done.

He told me he understood my decision.

But now he keeps calling...I don't answer the calls, but he left a message. He is in the process of finally moving out of the house and is wondering what to do with the few things I have left there. I don't care about them....he can throw them out for all I care. I don't want to see him and I don't want to go back to that house ever again.

The other thing is that my washer/dryer are there. He told me weeks ago he was going to try to sell them to whoever rents the house next, or put them on craigslist. Apparently he has done neither because he's also asking what I want to do with them.

It's frustrating because I don't want to talk to him...he was supposed to handle this though, and didn't. I don't really care about the appliances...I have a small apartment now and nowhere to store them, that's why he had said he would handle selling them.

Should I remain firmly NC and just ignore his calls/messages? Should I contact him back even just to tell him I don't care what happens to the things I have left behind? Should I take over trying to sell the washer/dryer before Tuesday when the lease is officially over, even if that would mean having to talk to him and returning to the house? So frustrating.

Alright I texted him just the brief important information to let him know i dont care about any stuff that i left behind and to get his own phone plan as I'll be removing him from mine next week.

That's it.

And I feel like just that brief interaction has set me back...I hate that one person can have so much power over my emotions.

I think that people can have light contact to resolve any joint property. I see no trouble asking him to box up your things and have a friend meet him to get them even if you just send a note and instruct him to go through a friend. Or sending him a note on what to do with the washer/dryer. Just like if a couple owned a home - same deal. Maybe he hasn't been able to sell the washer/dryer. But why not just tell him where to send your half of the money, etc. I know you want to be done - but don't cut your nose off to spite your face. I would have someone pick up the washer dryer and sell them yourself and get the money or instruct him where to send your share when they sell.

I'd donate everything. At least that gets you a tax deduction. Or post them free on craigslist to a needy family.

And just continue on as you have been. You're doing fine. Contact like that shouldn't set you back. If appliance messages have that kind of power, then you need counseling. But imagine how it must get to him that he otherwise can't even get you to respond to a message. You are in complete control. Nicely done.

Archived