I miss my ex-girlfriend so much, should I go back?

BrandonDan

Okay so I'm 17, me and my ex (also 17) were together nearly 9 months with doesn't seem like a lot but it really is at this age, we were a very serious relationship and even considered getting our own apartment. During these 9 months we split up numerous times. The longest being just over a week, which felt like forever. While we were split up she was so cruel and vile, publicly naming me on Facebook all of my secrets I'd told her (well, twisted versions to make me look extremely bad), naming me a cheat, liar. She wanted everything that reminded me of her (Cards, presents ect. obviously when I asked for all my things back she just refused, She seemed like a completely different person, not a nice one at that. We were split up on my birthday and she completely ruined everything, I was alone all day until nearly midnight. Everything she was doing was making me feel worthless, I couldn't think about anything, I couldn't eat, all I could do was lie in bed and listen to emotional music. I was seriously contemplating suicide. I phoned samaritans, which didn't help at all, I just needed someone to speak to, someone there for me. You might think my family are there for me, yes and no, My biological dad rarely speaks to me anymore unless theres something he wants, my Mother and step-dad (Who I consider my dad as he's been there since I was 1) split up a few years ago (They both have new partners now), I see my step-dad every Wednesday and speaking to him helps, but he doesn't understand me and how I feel. My sister I have seen twice in years, my brother I rarely see now as he's got his own family/life now, my mother does understand how I feel, to an extent, she doesn't understand how severe I feel and how this is literally killing me, again talking to her helps but she's rarely home. On my birthday what she was saying/putting on Facebook about me really got to me so I ran away, temporarily in hope of forgetting everything for a while and getting away from everything, which did help. So we got back together on the Friday and we spoke properly and we both understood each other and how we could make it work. I trusted her to give her another chance. As soon as we were back together all my suicidalness went and I felt so much better, my mother wasn't happy with my decision but she said she'd always support me, she wouldn't even let her in the house as she saw how she truly was and how evil she could be, so that weekend we went to her house me and her family spoke and cleared the air, me and her family got on really well. When we got back together she told me how she was going to get back with her ex just to get to me and kiss each other as I went on my lunch at work ect. Which did get me thinking, but it was the past and I was willing to forgive. If I'm honest, it was probably the happiest we've ever been together, but then I suppose the make-ups are always the best part it was just how I wanted it to be, until it about a week past and I could see it getting back to the old ways, which in the end it did, constantly thinking I was speaking to someone else, going in moods, being a drama queen, when it was good it was perfect, but when it was bad it was terrible. So we've split up again and it's just like last time, humiliating me, pictures with other boys ect. It's only been 2 days, yesterday she threw a starbucks all over me because I was adamant that I wasn't going to get back with her. It feel just like last time, I really do miss her, so much. But I feel if we get back together again then it could go on forever. She's even turned everyone that was 'there for me' against me by twisting everything and befriending them. To everyone I'm the bad one, I'm the un-loyal person who didn't treat her right. Yet I'm the one that has to go through this every waking minute of my life, I'm the one that has no one to speak to, she's the one that's meeting other lads, publicly humiliating me, but I'm the bad one? I'm the one in the wrong? It's like I'm either suicidal, or happy/unhappy 40/60 of the time, what should I do? Will it get better in time? Should I give it another try? I miss her and love her so much.

She is an immature drama queen brat and please dont try to get back with her. You know what she's like and it's not nice at all. Stop communicating with her every which way you can. Call up some of your guy friends and go do things with them. You need a diversion from her and her repulsive actions. If you truly feel suicidal call the suicide hotline.

Okay so I'm 17, me and my ex (also 17) were together nearly 9 months with doesn't seem like a lot but it really is at this age,.....

That sentence hints at a deeper understanding of your situation than you might be aware of. Nine months does seem like a long time at that age. And in a way, it is and it's not. But judging from everything you wrote, this girl is bad news. The posters above me said she was immature, and she is. But she's also at least partially devious. She is showing you her true character in these bad moments. You should listen to her.

I know at that age, it feels like the end of the world. I honestly feel that everyone gets what they deserve and she will, too, in time. Your friends who seem to be turning on you might be showing their true colors too. What I suggest is that you be done with her and walk around with your head held high. You don't need this type of drama in your life.

Run away as fast as you can! Her behavior is embarassing and downright disgusting. Throwing drinks at you and humiliating you to manipulate you when she doesnt get her way?! Trust me.. all the people who are 'on her side' right now will see her true colors. They always do. You are still very young, but when you look back on this in 2 or even 3 years (you will grow alot in the next little while) you will shake your head and wonder what you were doing. I had a toxic relationship with the same stuff.. cheating, breaking eachothers stuff, embarassing eachother, publicily calling eachother names, it went on a long time.. and I look back with disgust. You seem like a good guy who has their head on their shoulders and know that this isn't right, as you arent even partaking. Go find a nice girl.. someone who will blow her outta the water~!

Take care

Run away as fast as you can! Her behavior is embarassing and downright disgusting. Throwing drinks at you and humiliating you to manipulate you when she doesnt get her way?! Trust me.. all the people who are 'on her side' right now will see her true colors. They always do. You are still very young, but when you look back on this in 2 or even 3 years (you will grow alot in the next little while) you will shake your head and wonder what you were doing. I had a toxic relationship with the same stuff.. cheating, breaking eachothers stuff, embarassing eachother, publicily calling eachother names, it went on a long time.. and I look back with disgust. You seem like a good guy who has their head on their shoulders and know that this isn't right, as you arent even partaking. Go find a nice girl.. someone who will blow her outta the water~!

Take care

Archived