Hi,

My GF broke up with me 11 days ago now. We have had no contact since then! I feel awful and the only thing i think about is her with someone else and it makes me feel sick. Did she even given a crap about me? Not a single text! I removed her from Facebook. Will she ever talk to me again? Should i contact her?

How long is this sadness supposed to last? This is the worst i have ever felt!

Without knowing any details about the relationship:

- Good job removing her from facebook/social media.

- Absolutely do not contact her, that will be hard but absolutely necessary.

- Decent chance you wont hear from her again, but thats out of your control anyway.

Im sorry she hurt you. Take your time getting over her. She made a difficult decision and most likely didnt do it overnight. Look out for YOU now. Staying in contact with her with only hurt you.

I know how you feel. When I my ex and I broke up it was terrible. I personally lasted 10 months crying over this guy! I went into some degree of depression and broken heartitis but luckily I made it out. I know you probably want to hear that you guys might get back together and that you should contact her cause that's what I wanted to do. I wanted to go running back asking him to work things out. But as much as it hurts and I know it hurts you have to remain strong and withhold your urges. Remove her from all social media delete her number pictures etc and try moving on. Don't look for rebounds and stuff just give yourself time to heal and surround yourself with friends and family just people who love you. You can also eat a bunch of junk food, watch romance movies and cry all night long like I didn't but I would choose the latter. Sorry about that I know it sucks but stay strong and if you gotta cry do it don't keep your emotions bottled up try writing or doing anything else that will help you release your emotions in a positive way. Best of luck hope I helped some!

Sorry JimmyJones. This is probably the most common type of post on these forums. If you broke up for whatever reason then it wasn't mean to be.

You did the right thing by blocking her on Facebook and all that. Like everyone else said. Don't contact her, don't follow her on Facebook or any other social media sites, block her cell phone. It is best you move on from her and have absolute zero contact.

Give yourself time to heal. Sometimes it takes several months to years to get over someone, but get over her fully. And remember in the future there is someone better for you out there. When you think about her, think about all her bad habits (everyone has negative things about them, I'm sure she wasn't 100% perfect). And think about the next person you find NOT having those bad habits.

As a rough guide, take the time you were together in months and take the square root. This is the base number.

Double it if it is your first serious relationship. If it is your second multiply by 1.5, 3rd leave it where it is, 4th and upwards it should get easier, so estimate can be divided by increasing nyumbers

Double it (again) if you were married or multiply it by 1.5 if you weren't but marriage, engagement, kids etc were seriously discussed

Multiply it by 1.5 for each child and 1.2 for each stepchild

Multiply by 1.2 if you were cheated on and a higher number if it was with a relative or friend

Other factors that would make it worse include (but are not restricted to):

1. You moved state/country to be with them

2. Significant financial loss is involved

3. You are badly connected socially, so don't have anyone to hang out with

4. It comes on top of other issues, like health

There is no magic formula for shortening this period and I've even heard a very wise person tell me it took her FIVE YEARS

Archived