Bf broke up with me because he thought I cheated

12barbe

So I posted not too long ago about my long distance depressed boyfriend not talking to me for 2 weeks. I took that as a goodbye from him.

A couple of days ago he texted me saying he was sorry and that he didn't talk to me because he was suicidal and wanted to be alone. There was no communication whatsoever. I went to see him and after I left it was silence.

So now we've been texting and trying to rekindle us. We didn't in a literal sense "get back together" but it felt as if it was leaning that way.

Until he found out in those two weeks I slept with a guy. He freaked out and told me I cheated on him. He told me to off and never speak to him again. In my eyes I didn't even know if I was going to hear from him again, ever. I tried to explain that he's the one I care for and want to be with but he won't have any of it. Just this morning we were talking about planning a trip together.

I'm so lost because I just got him back in my life and I was so happy. Now he hates me and I don't kno what I can do.

The fact is your BF/ex thought it was okay to simply drop off the face of the earth then come back with a very lame excuse. Being depressed doesn't cause one to just disappear. And so yeah, he can be upset all he wants to be, but given the distance and not hearing from him that pretty much does spell breakup. It sounds more like whatever or whoever he was pursuing didn't work out so he came back to you with a lame excuse hoping to pick up like nothing happened. And he's keeping tabs on you through your social media, which is kind of creepy if he paints this whole picture of not doing so.

I'm sorry, the relationship such as it was, was a very bad one if he could just disappear on you like that. And it's long distance, so you have no idea if what this guy is even telling you is the truth. He could be out every night partying with a different girl and you would have no idea. And the whole wanting to kill himself? Run when they pull that out, actually tell them they need to go get professional help and it's out of your hands.

I dont' see anything here to salvage and a whole lot of red flags all over the place. Consider this your exit cue and stay broken up. There was never anything to go back to in the first place. Start something with someone you can see in person, live, and leave people who need professional help to the professionals if that's what's really going on with them.

This hurts a bit now, because you're in that "oh wait, maybe I wanted this after all" phase, but the real truth is do you want a relationship with someone who will disappear on you with no explanation for weeks? I doubt it.

Bf broke up with me because he thought I cheated

You did cheat.

My whole point in this is we were broken up. I understand why he's upset but he made contact with me after I slept with the guy. I didn't even know I was going to hear from him again.

So without trying to reach him at all, you out of the blue slept with someone? You could have called, texted, sent a carrier pigeon... anything to make contact, but at the first sign of trouble, you run off and have sex with some guy? I'm guessing you knew your BF was prone to depression and most depressed folks don't exactly go out of their way to make contact with anyone.

Why did you not try to get ahold of him?

I did try to contact him. Every single day. I even called hospitals and jails to see if he had gotten hurt or locked up. I would have driven the 7 hours to him gladly but he doesn't have a persona to place of residence right now. Being ignored every single day did give me the sign that we were done.

And that sign is right ---- he couldn't be bothered to respond to you.

So you slept with someone else.

It isn't cheating ---- as you assumed correctly that he had walked away.

However, I don't think there is any point in trying to tell him it "meant nothing" and try and get back together.

I think it is a sign that you should find someone in real life, and not a long distance relationship that offered no support.

I did try to contact him. Every single day. I even called hospitals and jails to see if he had gotten hurt or locked up. I would have driven the 7 hours to him gladly but he doesn't have a perminant place of residence right now. Being ignored every single day did give me the sign that we were done. It's when I stopped texting that he did. And yes I knew he was prone to depression, but he literally told me nothing. It was completely out of the blue with no warning.
I did try to contact him. Every single day. I even called hospitals and jails to see if he had gotten hurt or locked up. I would have driven the 7 hours to him gladly but he doesn't have a persona to place of residence right now. Being ignored every single day did give me the sign that we were done.

OK. I was wrong about trying to contact him. You still screwed another guy. Two wrongs never make a right. I can't help but think he's better off now.

I had sex with another guy after he left me, yes. And he's better off? Hes the one who left me high and dry.

I must be replying to the wrong thread. In a two week window where he was MIA (suicidal, come to find out) you slept with some guy. I feel like there's a huge part of this story that we're missing. Did he ever come of as depressed before? Is there some problem he has that you know about? You couldn't contact him for two weeks? Therefore, you slept with someone else? I know it was not a perfect scenario. It just seems like you could have kept your legs closed until you get some actual closure on the relationship. He could have been dead in a ditch for all you knew.

I must be replying to the wrong thread. In a two week window where he was MIA (suicidal, come to find out) you slept with some guy. I feel like there's a huge part of this story that we're missing. Did he ever come of as depressed before? Is there some problem he has that you know about? You couldn't contact him for two weeks? Therefore, you slept with someone else? I know it was not a perfect scenario. It just seems like you could have kept your legs closed until you get some actual closure on the relationship. He could have been dead in a ditch for all you knew.

"I even called hospitals and jails to see if he had gotten hurt or locked up."

stop trying to push blame..she gets your point...others can disagree wit you...

t...others can disagree wit you...

No, sh*t, Sherlock. I just missed the point where it's deemed that enough time has passed before we get to move on. The whole point of her post seemed to be her blaming him for everything. She may have a point, but she moved on awfully quick for a relationship that meant anything to her.

Stepping off my soap box now, but as someone who was cheated on recently (none of it was my soon to be exes fault, if you listen to her) I took offense to the OP shucking off any responsibility.

No that's why it was so heartbreaking for me. It came out of nowhere. I went there and he told me he was falling in love with me then bam, nothing. That's why initially I thought he was hurt and when I found out he was fine it hit my like a brick. Especially since my grandma just attempted suicide 2 weeks prior. All I got from him was "I feel like giving up" and that was it.

Trust me I feel horrible. I wish I didn't sleep with that guy. But I did. My whole point in this was to ask about what I should do now. We both are at fault. We both handled things badly. But I felt like I did everything I could for him.

I care about him very much. I know he's hurt at what he found out but I was hurt that he chose to ignore me for that period of time while I was going through some traumatic things.

Archived