I don't know how to get over my ex!

I'm 16, this was my first serious relationship. We were together a year and we broke up 2 weeks ago because things after a while went downhill, he made excuses to meet me, he never replied to my messages, and I became clingy and obsessive because of this so we ended up ending things. I became very anxious near the end of our relationship as I felt like he didn't want to talk to me anymore, see me, etc and id sit there wondering why he's not replying, what he's doing etc. Also all I wanted was to see him once a week, and we lived a 5 minute drive from one another, but even that was too much work for him. I felt like I was being annoying when I always asked to meet (literally I was ALWAYS the one asking), and I was upset more than happy.

I miss him a lot still. Everything reminds me of him. I've deleted him of all my social media sites and I've deleted his number so I have no contact with him, but in September when I go back to school I'll see him loads and I'm worried that all my feelings will flood back.

I did believe we were going to be together forever and I miss him.

We did have good times when we were together, we were best friends for years before we started dating, and I felt like he was my best friend as well as my boyfriend, I could talk to him about anything, he was the one I lost my virginity to & my first kiss. We had so many plans for when we were older & I miss him so much.

Please help?

Thanks x

You are 16, plenty of years to meet other guys and find the right one. There's nothing wrong with that. What was wrong was thinking he'd be the one for you for a lifetime. The odds of that are slim to nil. It's still a month + before Sept. so you should be well on your way to getting back to your old self and being ready for school. Dont let him distract you from your friends and classes.

Archived