Should I say something?

Hey all. So recently I made a thread about my ex and revealed that she had went to see a fortune teller and the teller said she would marry a man other than me. She never told me this. I heard it from her cousin. Anyways she broke up with me easy blah blah.

I'm wondering if I should bring it up to her that I know this is what happened. She just told me she broke up with me because it's what she wanted and maybe we would get back in the future but not now. She was obviously just trying to leave hope and cushion the breakup as much as possible. However, since I know, should I bring it up? We're going to be at school in August so I'll be hanging out with her I'm sure.

It's so unfortunate that this played a part in a girl who once told me she wanted to spend the rest of her life with me and then 2 days later breaking up with me after getting her fortune read.

I want to tell her that that stuff is just self fulfilling and she shouldn't let it limit her life. She just told her she would marry a man from that particular state. Lol. Obviously I'm better off without her but I can't shake the feeling that she really was the one. Thoughts?

Your ex isn't too bright and pointing out that her friends are feeding you information would really not work to your benefit. I suggest looking for a girl who is actually learning something in college, as opposed to one who believes in fortune tellers.

Yeah. It happened right as soon as summer began. I said I wanted to try and do a LDR with her because we would be away from each other.

Maybe I shouldn't bring it up then. It would just put her on blast and might make our friendship awkward. It wouldn't be from my perspective but she would feel weird.

It sucks. We had no problems really. Just a few like all couples. But LD I guess wasn't in her plans already and it was the icing on the cake like you said.

It sucks. Moving on has been slow because it was out of the blue and she left me with false hope (maybe in the future). We don't even talk anymore.

The last time I saw her though post breakup she still kissed me and all that. Even borrowed a shirt of mine to wear for the summer.

Girls are so confusing, lol. That's why I love them.

I also want to point out we were only dating for 3 months. Not a lot of time to really get to love each other. But we said it and she told me she felt like the luckiest girl alive. I don't know. Like all things I think eventually it will fade her mind as long as I prove that I'm fly and she needs me in her life. I'm just going to be myself and not hope or beg for her back. I'm better than that, however I do feel like she's the one and won't quit on her over this.

Now that I think about it, maybe she only did that to make things not weird between us?

She kissed me goodbye when she got in her car like I didn't even iniate. Just gotta let fate work itself out in this case. If it happens it happens but I got my answer and I won't bring it up.

I think you are making a huge assumption that this fortune teller had any effect on her decision whatsoever. More likely reality is that she was already on her way out and had no plans to continue with you. Just because you didn't have any problems from your perspective, doesn't mean that the other person really saw you as the one. It would seem that she very much did not.

When you've been dumped, it's very natural to seek answers as to why. However, keep in mind that most of the time it really is not about you at all. Whatever she is seeking and whatever internal picture she has of her ideal mate, you simply don't match and that's that. It doesn't mean that either one of you is a bad person, just not quite compatible. It takes two to want a together forever, not just one.

That's great advice. Strangely enough, her leaving me is forcing me to become the man of her dreams. Not to win her back but because I'm doing it for myself. She said she wants a man with ambition and I didn't know what I wanted to do with myself in college. Anyways I've answered it since I'm alone now and have had time to think.

if I'm not going to have her then I'm going to just become a boss of a man.

That's great advice. Strangely enough, her leaving me is forcing me to become the man of her dreams. Not to win her back but because I'm doing it for myself. She said she wants a man with ambition and I didn't know what I wanted to do with myself in college. Anyways I've answered it since I'm alone now and have had time to think.

if I'm not going to have her then I'm going to just become a boss of a man.

I think many times people come into our lives precisely for that. They are not there to stay forever, they are there briefly to turn us into a direction, to make us a better person. So there you go. The break up actually is to your advantage. It's made you productive and finding a direction. It's one of those things where you say "thank you for that" and then go into that new direction and embrace it and don't look back. Some day you'll make some girl very lucky. This girl just wasn't it and wasn't at the right time. She was a bridge to your future, but is not your future.

Thank you for the words. Ive definitely found a positive despite the heartbreak.

I'm optimistic about it and maybe we could get back together if fate chooses so but I'm not investing my energy into it.

Just have to see what happens. It's unfortunate I met such an amazing person and this happened.

Archived