His new girlfriend just tried to friend me on Facebook.

abitabove

My x and I have been broken up for 6 months and he has had a new girlfriend for most of that time. I have moved on as well. He and I had a horrible break up with him saying some really mean things to me about my looks, etc obviously to hurt me. We have had no contact since the break up 6 months ago. His new girlfriend just tried to friend me on Facebook. I messaged her that it must have been a mistake. She said no that she noticed we have a few mutual friends and had a bet with my x (her boyfriend) about friending me. They had broken up a few weeks ago and gotten back together. I think she might just be probing. How should I handle this? Totally weird.

My x and I have been broken up for 6 months and he has had a new girlfriend for most of that time. I have moved on as well. He and I had a horrible break up with him saying some really mean things to me about my looks, etc obviously to hurt me. We have had no contact since the break up 6 months ago. His new girlfriend just tried to friend me on Facebook. I messaged her that it must have been a mistake. She said no that she noticed we have a few mutual friends and had a bet with my x (her boyfriend) about friending me. They had broken up a few weeks ago and gotten back together. I think she might just be probing. How should I handle this? Totally weird.

Just block her - seriously. No good ever comes of situations like this. I may be hypersensitive because I had a horrific experience with this with my ex's ex gf while we were dating, but I find that there's something unstable about anyone who friends their SO's (or ex's) EX on facebook - it shows a total lack of humility because it's weird enough to be friending someone you have never met before.

There's no good scenario. She's either probing bc she thinks he's cheating, and that will come back to you with her insisting that YOU friended HER or something to make you look like the crazy one, or they didn't actually get back together and she is trying to get some dirt on him to make him look back. Either way this is a situation you don't want to be in. Block, continue your NC and move on.

They had a bet?!?

Why are you even thinking about this?

For that matter, why did you even DM her? Who cares if she made a mistake?

Just decline her friend request and then consider if you should block either or both of them. Reclaim your power. Right now they're laughing at you.

I was going to ignore it, but my girlfriends told me to message her about it being a mistake to embarrass her. She wrote back about it being a bet as I'm sure she was shocked at my response. I then told her he and I had both moved on and I had no desire to be friends with either of them as it would be odd, but wished them the best. My friends thought the high road always works best. Believe me I was going to totally ignore and block. My friends thought it odd that I would even come up in their conversations after so many months and that she was most likely desperate about her relationship. Anyway....I'm not going to think anymore about it. Not my problem. I declined the request.

The fact that his new girlfriend wants to add you on Facebook actually makes me mad. She is not your friend, correct?? Honestly you did the right thing by saying this must have been a mistake BECAUSE I don't know you! You honestly should not want to be Facebook friends with her. Also how old is she that sounds like something someone does in high school.

Archived