New guy

mrpimp1914

Me and my girlfriend have been going extremely strong for the last 7 months, but lately she told told me she started devolving feelings for another guy and she doesnt know why, she's so confused and scared cause she doesnt want to regrer anything or hurt anyone, me and her have met many times even though we're 3hours away and the other guy she has the feelings for is in her town.. Im just so scared and its tearing me up on the inside, please i need advice, i cant lose her... I dont know what to do

She is being less than honest with you, the best thing you could do is say 'well, this other guys all yours. Call me if you want to continue romantically with me because I sure as hell won't be friendzoned by you'. Then walk away, and go no contact immediately. Only accept a call off her apologising and saying she wants to carry on with you, anything else will be nonsense. Sounds pretty hardcore, but at least you have your dignity instead of being messed about by her or getting dumped. Hell, in fact dump her!

On a more general note, you're 19 and this is par for the course. There'll be more girls, and better ones. Don't worry about it too much.

Things are typically a step or two beyond what people actually admit to in cases like this. She has started the conversation slow to progress it into a breakup. It sucks, man, but it's the ropes. Sometimes LDR works but I don't think you guys put in enough time prior to it nor do I think either of you are in a good enough financial position to make it work.

Even if she doesn't choose this guy over you, she'll consider others. I'd encourage you to do the same with women around you.

Right now all i see is talking things out with her, talking with him, or ending it. If been in this situation kinda like this, and we made it work for 6 years until she met an early end... And im hoping this can be the same thing minus the early end part

Well good luck in doing what you got to do. I would strongly suggest not approaching the other guy, though.

it doesn't hurt to be optimistic in your approach to her, but also be realistic. She wouldn't have even mentioned the guy to you if she wasn't close to, if not decided on, leaving you for him.

Archived