The girl of 5 years plus/After the break

bgmz5

Hello again, for those who read the first thread I had written, here's a little update.

Well as you know my girlfriend of five years plus have been going through problems for about a year and a half prior.(or at least it was when I came to realize that things weren't where they should be.)

Many honest opinions, and I took each and every one into account.

Normal Saturday, we do errands normally what she says goes. Of course I went along willingly knowing by this time i was completely ready to break her the news. Of course nervousness all the rest is all ready set in place. So I waited to get home.

I pulled her over to the dining room. And asked her if I can get something off my chest. A little apprehensive and caught off guard, I told her that our relationship was unhealthy and that I, at this point of my life, didn't want a relationship.

After five years plus knowing how she would react, I expected the worst. And boy did I get it. From the questioning of who else was I having sex with to the why would you do this to me.

But most unsurprising was what I had written about previously (her not having a relationship with parents, and everything not being where it should be after 5 years plus) she decided to bring each and every one up. Said she start going to the gym, also she'd make an effort towards my parents, she'd also take back on the temper, start to be a little more mature etc.

Luckily with the wise words of everyone, and the following of my own heart I stuck to my descision of breaking up.

At first the phone calls and the showing up to my house ensued. But thanks to the one person that said to do no contact after the break up. I stuck to my guns.

Now she's trying be everything she's never been in such a short time frame. But I look and say, a little too much, too late.

So now I feel somewhat liberated, freedom, but don't get me wrong I still have love for her. We did go through a lot. But it won't go back to what it was.

I'm just writing this to show my appreciation to those who took the time to read and respond honestly to someone who was in need of an anonymous opinion. Thank you, you know who you are.

Archived