Building confidence to end it

a_lifters_life

If you've read any of my 700+ posts on here, for over the past 6 years you know its been a heck of a saga for me.

I exercise regularly to boost my confidence in myself, but for whatever reason I cannot muster up enough courage to break it from this woman.

Shes treated me like absolute garbage (and I put up with it), controlled me to the point where I've felt like I've lost myself.

I'm looking at girls on dating sites, no communication, just looking right now just thinking "I gotta be able to do better".

Someone please help, I don't know what the heck is wrong with me anymore with this all. We just both moved together to a different state, and I feel like that coupled with the 6+ years of "dating" is what is holding me back.

Thanks.

I'm sorry, but no one can give you the confidence to break up. At least you have finally acknowledged her treatment of you is wrong and not deserved. It's progress.

"Giving confidence" is not what I mean't at all...someone to explain their advice/experience in similar situation like this, but appreciate the reply.

Since you edited it after I replied...I think you need to bite the bullet and move home or move out. As the saying goes, time served is no reason to extend your prison sentence. You only have one life and being tied to her is making you miserable.

I don't know how to tell you to find the confidence to end it, apart from the fact that you are miserable and you deserve better. I see all sorts of people, ugly, dumb, lazy, and some of them are in happy relationships. So I don't think you need to go online and figure out "what you can and can't get" or whatever. because i don't think you deserve to be emotionally abused. Surely you're better off being single than miserable?

me and you have many similarities I think. I ended it because it was to the point of choosing between success and almost certain failure. a big reason why it took me so long is that I didn't want to see her with someone else. I'm going to see a therapist (starting tomorrow) to find out why I decided to be codependent on a horrible atrocious person for so long. I believe there is something fundamentally unhealthy with the way we view ourselves, and I'm going to work my ass off to fix it.

if you want to chat, let me know. I'm interested in your story

YOU DESERVE SO MUCH BETTER!!!!

As soon as you truly believe that, and ACT on that belief, the universe will send you the woman of your dreams who REFLECTS that belief.

You are a magnificent human being who truly deserves a loving relationship.

You are getting close to being ready. Your thoughts about yourself have already changed significantly in order to draw this wonderful new job into your life. This woman no longer matches who you are. You would be miserable for the rest of your life with her. It is time to let her go. I think it might serve you greatly to see a counselor. For the life of me I cannot understand why you remain in this situation, except FEAR. Feel the fear and do it anyway.

Good luck.

I once went out with a girl for two years who treated me like crap, I eventually got so sick of it all I ended it. She begged me and told me she could change. I knew she couldn't so I didn't take her back. Six months later I met a girl who was 100 times better than her and stayed with that girl for three years. Being with this new girl made me realize I never loved my ex in the first place because I truly felt love in the new relationship. I would advise you to do the same, however don't expect to find someone instantly that clicks with you, it takes time.

Wouldn't it be better for you to end it now especially that you looking at new women on websites? My ex and I broke up after 6 years and he broke up with me. It was hard, but I was and am great. 6 months later I was already with someone else. Just rip it off like a bandaid.

Archived