A month later, ex gf contacts me

JDMxTeGrA101

She contacts me via phone and asks me how I've been and everything. I told her about my new job promotion and doing bigger things. She seemed sad, told me she still loves me and missed me. She asked about these girls I've been dating. I told her it's nothing serious but seemed bothered about it.

She also seemed sad that she feels like I've moved on (in reality I havent). She's proud of me improving myself. What bugged me is she said she's dating some guy for about 2 weeks now. I didn't seemed bothered and maintained my upbeat tone and she was surprised I didn't care. After that she said she's not over me and constantly thinks of me and misses me so much and she's confused. I had to cut it short and told her I had to go.

She texts me if I could meet her for dinner to talk. What do you guys think she is doing?

i would meet her and ask her straight out if shes looking to reconcile. if all she wants is "friendship" or doesnt give u a definitive answer then cut the night short, wish her well and say something like "it waS good to see u again but this wont work for me. let me know if ur interested in getting back together and if im single and interested by then, then we can give it another shot. until then take care" then give her a hug and walk away dude. dont let her drag this bs out and string u along further. u deserve better.

Well, it doesn't sound genuine. You are probably better off not meeting her now. A month is not very long.

What? What about it doesn't sound genuine?

OP: Meet her. Be prepared for this to not work out, but if you do want to get back together with her, you should at least hear her out. And don't demand that she immediately recommit to you. Getting back together is rare enough. A dumper showing up after a long period of no contact and immediately recommitting is practically the stuff of fairy tales. And even if shed did say it, the chances of you two being together forever would be about the same as if she doesn't.

Anyway, having an ex say even what she has to you is something lots of people on here dream about. Don't pass it up. (But, be prepared for things to not work out, too. )

OP: Meet her. Be prepared for this to not work out, but if you do want to get back together with her, you should at least hear her out. And don't demand that she immediately recommit to you. Getting back together is rare enough. A dumper showing up after a long period of no contact and immediately recommitting is practically the stuff of fairy tales. And even if shed did say it, the chances of you two being together forever would be about the same as if she doesn't.

Anyway, having an ex say even what she has to you is something lots of people on here dream about. Don't pass it up. (But, be prepared for things to not work out, too. )

Maybe you should go ahead and read his entire story.

Because she has done it a dozen times and he falls for it every time.

You know, I am all with second chances. I love the idea of reconciliation. I love the idea of two people coming back together. But this whole breaking up, getting back, breaking up, getting back? I can't stand it. You deserve way better than this. No one should ever have to be tossed and turned this much. This is not love.

You know, I am all with second chances. I love the idea of reconciliation. I love the idea of two people coming back together. But this whole breaking up, getting back, breaking up, getting back? I can't stand it. You deserve way better than this. No one should ever have to be tossed and turned this much. This is not love.

Yep. Not at all. I say MAYBE give a second chance if both parties really want it to work, but a third? A fourth? A fifth? No way. That's the Universe telling you that the relationship is NOT meant to be.

Archived