Can't cope, any advice please?

cd33

Feeling pretty desperate atm so any feedback would be much appreciated. I have recently just been dumped. When we first started seeing eachother we discussed how important it is to not intentionally hurt others and to always be honest and open. However it's now come to light that I was probably being used as a rebound and the pain is absolutely excruciating. I found out the day they dumped me that they were asking for their ex back. I got in touch asking for an explanation, they said I love you but can't be in a relationship, promised they didn't want the ex back and that they finished with me as I made them feel like an option and not a priority. Which I know isn't true as the ex told me different, I stupidly messaged them on facebook. Why not just be honest? Would feel so much better if they just told the truth or even a sorry would suffice but I'm just ignored and cut off with nothing. If I had experience and knew the warning signs of someone in a rebound relationship I would never have bothered with them! Just feel so dirty and used, why won't they admit what their intentions were and apologise for causing such grief?

What people say and what they actually do is two very different things entirely.

I'm sorry this has happened to you but you have to remember this is no reflection on you as a person. She wasn't stable enough to deal with her emotions so just jumped straight onto you which is her issue not yours.

You do not need someone like this in your life who will just jump from person to person without even taking the time to think about what there doing.

Be glad your rid of her and delete her and the ex off Facebook look they probably deserve each other and guess what if it doesn't work out still go looking for someone else to feel the void.

You can never truly know what's going on inside someone's head just put this down to bad luck and move forward. You'll find someone who shares the same morals and relationship goals as you.

I think we're told lies in a feeble attempt to soften the blow. CD, what your ex did made sense to him/her at the time, for whatever reason. She probably had no intention of using you…it only feels that way from your standpoint today. She probably hoped to develop feelings for you. When it doesn't turn out the way one hopes, it's easier to lie.

The thing to do now is to go out and live a great life. Go on an adventure, learn something new, take up a hobby, become an expert in something that interests you, change your routine, your hair or wardrobe (a visible change lets the world know you're changing on the inside, too). Become the best version of yourself.

You'll be loved again. When we're under the age of 80, we almost always are…you're not over 80, are you?

Well, just know that nothing you could of done to prevent what happened to you. It was not your fault, so dont go around thinking you should change anything. Its very simple, your X wasnt over their X and once the chance to come back opened up they took it. It blows but thats how things go sometimes. There is no reason for it, it just happens. So dont overthink as to why or hold on to the past promises because if you do, you wont be able to move forward.

You are okay... just know that eventually someone will find you and youll be happy again, until that day comes, make yourself happy

Archived