Is It Weird If My Boyfriend 'Likes' Other Women's Pictures on Facebook?

Lolligirl

My new boyfriend repeatedly 'likes' his friends' girlfriends' pictures on Facebook. Is this a little weird, or am *I* the one with the problem? I don't have a BIG problem or anything, but it does kind of trip my trigger.

This pictures aren't overly sexual, or anything, just selfie-type photos. Is it weird for him to do this? It's kind of embarrassing to me (I feel like he's like, "Hey, this is me "publicly declaring* that I think you're hot!")

What do you guys think? Considering the fact that Facebook is pretty much a way of life these days, I don't think there's such a thing as "It's *only* Facebook." Still, it's possible I may be overreacting.

Thoughts?

Considering the fact that Facebook is pretty much a way of life these days, I don't think there's such a thing as "It's *only* Facebook."

Sure there is. It is in fact only facebook. And while a large majority of the population uses it, they may not view it as a "way of life."

I think you are absolutely overreacting and probably putting too much time into facebook in general if you know every photo he likes. Perhaps you shouldn't monitor that anymore.

You're probably right, I'm sure I spend way too much time on it. Still, many, many people put a lot of stock in the whole Facebook thing (i.e., it's widely regarded as a big red flag if someone won't go "Facebook official" with you, for example).

Still, I should probably limit my FB time. Doubt that'll happen.

You're probably right, I'm sure I spend way too much time on it. Still, many, many people put a lot of stock in the whole Facebook thing (i.e., it's widely regarded as a big red flag if someone won't go "Facebook official" with you, for example).

Still, I should probably limit my FB time. Doubt that'll happen.

Didn't mean to "like", oh well.

Meant to reply... it's widely regarded as a red flag when someone won't go fb official? Lol, nope.

I never put people I have dated on fb. I am falling faceplant head over heels for my guy and we aren't fb friends. I don't want him to know me except by having access to me directly. Nope, if you need fb to validate your RL it's already over, it's just a matter of time.

Nope, that relationship is over. This has to do with someone else.

That's good news. But I would imagine that if you were a week away from having a baby in April, that new baby is still a whole lot of work. Maybe it's better to concentrate on that situation, and on nurturing this new relationship, then hanging out on facebook to monitor likes.

I think it's okay to 'like' other people pictures, without judgement. If he's a friend of theirs, he has a right to like anything.

Doesn't mean he doesn't feel for YOU.

I have guys as friends on my FB and if they post a pic, I'll like it whether I'm involved or not. Means nothing out of the ordinary to me.

Do YOU not 'like' guys pic's on there?

Archived