OMG!!! He broke up but left his FB open on my computer????

ok ok... I will keep it short and try to stay calm.

I am 4 months post b/u. i have good and bad days, but something crazy happened last night.

I usually do not use facebook on my computer. I have the app on the phone. Last night I was working late and decide to go on facebook. I type facebook in my browser and HIS facebook comes up. Not mine!

Ok, so I am not a crazy person, I closed the page immediately. It would be so wrong to go through his personal things.

But now I have a feeling like I should have had a look? Does this make me a bad person?

I am just all over the place now. What are your thoughts?

Even if you were with him this would be wrong.

That's still kind of weird thing to happen. So did you look through it? I think simply having a look won't make you a bad person overnight as curiosity is part of being a human being. But will doing so have any benefit towards your healing whatsoever?

I didnt look. I got scared and closed the page.

You see it has only been a week or so that I feel a bit better and I was affraid that I might see something that may set me back. If I do not know, at least it doesnt hurt me more.

I am very curious as to what he has been up to these 4 months or at least what on earth was the reason for the break up (I never got one). But at this stage - does it really matter? I dont want to be stuck in the past.

I was in the same situation. We were kind of breaking up, or better say we had problems and I sensed that something was wrong. Then I went to a girlfriend (mutual friend with him) and I went to a social network site (not FB but similar) and it was his page loaded, because he was there three weeks ago with my friends boyfriend, and neither of them uses this page, so they never logged out.

The crazy thing is I haven't even entered his messages or something, but you know how when somebody writes you when this page is open, it comes in a pop-up window like a chat-thing? So this thing comes up 10 seconds after I went online, and its a letter from my friend, that apparently became friends with my boyfriend at that time as well. And it was about how he should give her his personal information, because she needs to order his plane ticket asap. I was like WHAT THE HELL!!! I had no idea they know each other, and I had no idea she invited him to come visit her in a different country, and that she was buying him a ticked and that he was going! It was like bombs kept exploding! Anyhow, I haven't opened the whole conversation. I just closed the page and next time I saw my boyfriend I asked if he has something to tell me, and when he said no, I broke up with him. We kind of stayed on and off for a couple of months after that, but only because I never told him I knew he was going to another girl, and I was waiting for him to come clean. He then told me they were just friends, and she had a guy there all the time when he was visiting, but I was so over him, so it didn't really matter.

Sorry for a long rant, in your case I think you should just close it and log out so you never have the temptation to look. Move on.

Instead of closing the page why not log out.That will mean having to go on to his Facebook but if you immediately log out (which you are going to have to do at some point if you want to use your FB on your computer) you will soon stop being tempted to look .... simply because you know you can't (assuming you don't know his login details that is).

It really doesn't matter what he's doing if he's not doing it with you. He's part of your past, not your present or future. So why open old wounds? Best to just continue to move on especially considering it's been 4 months since the break up.

btw, it's not 'odd' or 'cosmic' that his page opened up... if he used FB on your computer, and have never cleaned your cookies or temp files since then, it will probably open to the last page visited at the top of the list of URLs your laptop has remembered.

I didnt look. I got scared and closed the page.

You see it has only been a week or so that I feel a bit better and I was affraid that I might see something that may set me back. If I do not know, at least it doesnt hurt me more.

I am very curious as to what he has been up to these 4 months or at least what on earth was the reason for the break up (I never got one). But at this stage - does it really matter? I dont want to be stuck in the past.

You're absolutely correct that it doesn't matter and could potentially hurt you more. You are also seemingly one of the few people in the world who realizes that! Good for you.

OMG I must be a bad, bad baddddd person. I would have sooo looked.

My ex gave me his old playbook right before we broke up....he was logged into fb and I totally snooped made me feel way worse as I realized what a complete jerk face he was while we were dating. But...I'd probably do it again. Not to my current bf because he's not a slime ball, but if it was one of those kinds of exes, I would find it too intriguing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived