In need of some advice

padfoot89

My boyfriend and I have been together 6 years, we met at college.

We see each other twice week for a few hours nothing more.

We have never had sex in our 6 years of being together (as he never wanted too) also has made no attempt of initiating anything else, when I do its like I am forcing him to do the worlds worst chore or he is not remotely interested, so I don't push it.

Despite that, we do have a good time together but it does feel like I am in a relationship with just a best friend.

There was a point I was utterly inlove with him, but lately that feel has seemed to disappear.

Recently I have met someone that I really like... nothing has become of it and I don't know if the feeling is mutual, but I feel incredibly guilty for feeling this way.

I don't want to give up on a relationship I've had for 7 years just to venture and see if the grass is greener on the other side etc etc, but at the same time I don't want to settle for something that isn't meant to be.

I am very confused as to what I should do... I don't know how to approach this with my boyfriend.

Any advice would be great

Well, unless you want to remain sexless for the rest of your life I'd suggest leaving.

Or you can wait around for your boyfriend to come out of the closet

Because hes either gay or asexual.

Either way he's unlikely to change. And you're attracted to other men now(who wouldn't be after 6 or 7 years without getting laid)

So really, how do you think this will play out?

I was there kind of, not we'd Never had sex but the sexual and emotional intimacy had died off. It made me miserable, I was constantly crushing on any guy that showed an interest in me, it took me 4 years to actually realise I couldn't live the rest of my life like that.

Three months into single land and I got to spend some time with a hugging, affectionate, sexy, adorable boy who adores me. It makes the world of difference. My old partner and I had a fantastic mental connection but we are physical creatures with sexual needs and I'm never staying put in a relationship where the sex has gone, ever again.

You and your guy do have options, although I don't think any of the options involve him starting to have sex with you. You can break up, or you can try some variation of an open relationship.

Anytime I try bring up the subject of having sex , his reply will always be that he's worried about getting me pregnant which is totally stupid/or he's not happy doing it at either of our parents houses.

We both still live at our parents, we have had more than enough chances for something to happen but anytime I tried to initiate something I more less get the whole "pregnancy speech or I cant in my parents house"

There is no religious element to it at all, which is why I find it all bizarre I would completely understand if this was the case.

We have a great time together otherwise... but it literally just feels like we're best friends that kiss now and again.

I know the obvious thing is to break up.

I am considering that but I don't want to throw away 6 years and loose my bestfriend.

I have no idea how to go about bringing all this up with him (I gave up trying to have these kind of conversations a long time ago , as they got me no where) and I've never broken up with anyone before, so the whole idea gets me a bit stressed out

Well, his excuses are lame. I agree that he is probably gay or asexual. Or he has a phobia of getting his GF pregnant or something....

It doesn't matter what his problems is - you are not compatible. How your relationship survived for 6 years like that??? Wow. Break up if you want a healthy relationship with a guy that wants ALL sides of you, not just a friend to hand out with for a couple of days a week...

Archived