Mimimimi

I went over to stay at my boyfriends last night, we have been together for nearly two years. I've been upset lately about not really hearing from him during the day. I always have to go to his house when we have plans and I'm always making the effort to see him.

Anyway I hadn't heard from him all day but was just assuming our plans still stood.

Anyway he still sent a generic snapchat to everyone during the day while he was at work. I was pissed because I didn't see how hard it was to just send me a text but instead, snapchat me amount the others.

Anyway. I approached this situation when I saw him and said that sometimes I felt second best to the others when there isn't an effort made. I get he works and he is busy and so am I but its not hard to text your girlfriend.

Instead, he snapchats this one girl consistently and I've told him I'm insecure about her. I don't really like snapchat and I don't like this girl. She's skanky, single and obviously into talking to him. So I was like why are you always snapchatting her, she's in your top friends, I'm not.

I don't understand.

Anyway we patched it up and had a good morning together but then she snapchatted again and I got defensive. I asked why he has her on there and he said they were friends. He won't show me what they snapchat. I trust him but it's just odd. I asked if he would delete her ever if that's what would stop this being an issue.

He said no. He said he wouldn't. I got angry and I said its her or me. If you want to chose some random girl over me, then that's the end. I do everything for this boy. He has tons of girls as friends and I never get mad about those girls. It's this particular one and I don't know why but I can't deal with it. I'm not usually this jealous.

He said he didn't want to answer that and I said I needed an answer

He said we were done

And I was single

And that he didn't want to be with someone as insecure as me

I stayed so I could talk to him a bit when he had eaten lunch and cooled down

He told me he didn't know if he wanted me, he didn't know if he loved me and to go home.

How do I fix this? Our fights are always so bad. How do I revive it?

Why would you even want to fix it? He's obviously not as invested into this relationship as you are, he's taking you for granted and being rude to you. I can't give you any advice how to "revive" it coz it would mean telling you to behave as a doormat.

Also I think your gut is telling you something shady is going on between your bf and this girl he snapchats constantly.

"He told me he didn't know if he wanted me, he didn't know if he loved me and to go home. "

^ That right there is all you need to know. It's not even about the snapchat issue anymore. I strongly believe he's been wanting to get out of this relationship for a while and now has a legit 'excuse' to do so.

If someone dismissed me by saying they didn't know if they wanted me or loved me, then i'd leave. You're doing all the work here, and he may already be cheating with other girls and shopping for a new GF. He's on his way out.

If you have to beg someone to pay attention to you, it is basically already over, and better to just take yourself off to go find someone who is interested in you.

I've been upset lately about not really hearing from him [...] I always have to go to his house [...] and I'm always making the effort to see him.

By funneling these larger issues into a laser focus on snapchat-woman, you've actually pried open the key problem with BF--he's no longer invested in your relationship.

Because of that, there really isn't a way to manipulate this to a better outcome. Even if he were to concede to your position on snapchat-woman, the core problem still exists--so snapchat-woman would only morph into tinder-woman, or fb-woman or any number of women, and so winning this one small battle wouldn't resolve anything.

You'll thank yourself later if you just go quiet and accept your breakup today. Attempting to repair this would only reduce your self-esteem and drag you through more arguments that he will shut down. You'll find yourself behaving in ways that you're ashamed of--and for zero payoff.

Lean into your grief and write more if it helps. My heart goes out to you.

Head high.

Archived